A poll: Thoughts on tattoos on women...

Options

Replies

• JillianP00
    Options
    The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.
    This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
    It affects the opportunities out there, regardless of which path one might pursue.

I have a supervisor position with the federal government and I have never once been asked to cover mine up.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I saw a women in the gym yesterday with a full sleeve and some on her thigh. It was BEAUTIFUL. I see it as confident, strong, and powerful. But keep in mind I'm 22 and a very free spirit.
  • GrooveVandal
    GrooveVandal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on men or women and have a few discreet ones myself.
    A full sleeve isn't something I would ever do but good on anyone, male or female if they do.

I find it quite phwoar on men :o)
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I'm personally a fan of a heavily inked woman. I have a bunch of tattoos and I'd like to see good work on someone else, because I think my work is so technically good.

It's sexy as long as the woman carries it right, and the tattoo doesn't look like it was done in prison, or the back of someone's van.
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    Full sleeves can be beautiful if the right artist works on it. I love all my tattoos and don't care what other people think. It is a pain to have to wear long sleeves in the summer though.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The only issue with full sleeves MALE OR FEMALE is work.
    Where I work, you cannot have tattoos that show. All mine are in places that cannot be seen with pants and short sleeves. Some have to wear long sleeves all the time because of the rules.

I love my tattoos, I like good tatts.

But a number of employers feel they pay enough to not have to look at them.
  • jumpinjax555
    jumpinjax555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think there are still gang related affiliation issues in some countries. e.g. Japan have a 'no tattoo' policy in many places for that reason and my cousin had trouble getting a job because of her full sleeve in Canada even though they are a very tattooed nation in comparison to most. that was in the service industry though. depends if you want to travel a lot a guess! even then, I don’t think it closes many doors and done well I think they look amazing. x
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just very recently got a tattoo and i think its beautiful. it connects my to my family and heritage and I absolutely love art and tattooing is my favorite permanent art form.

547768_423557164325124_100000125315418_1812844_991510573_n.jpg
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I love ink on men and women. I've seen some beautiful full sleeves on women...very hot!

Yes..in some circles the stigma still exists...

Ink doesn't define the person.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Have you seen _snw_? If you don't think sleeves are hot on women, you clearly haven't seen her.

She's smokin'
    yes I have :wink:
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I love tattoos. I know a lot of people that are against it, I have 8 myself and plan on getting more but I definitely love them. And I ALWAYS wanted a sleeve, not that I can get one, but I would if I could :) It's perfect to me!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Where I work, you cannot have tattoos that show. All mine are in places that cannot be seen with pants and short sleeves. Some have to wear long sleeves all the time because of the rules.

yup. i wear long sleeves everyday to work. not really a problem.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm completely for tattoos on a woman.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i sooo want a sleeve but im not brave enough. i have a great tattoo artist who has done all mine.. (8!)

and i think if theyre done well then go for it.... tattoos are sexy ! x
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    tattoos are awesome on women, and very hot on men :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos in men or woman

I don't think that they are attractive or feminine at all. I saw last year a very nice looking young lady with a beautiful dress and sleeve tattoos in both arms, and, IMOP, she just didn't look good or elegant at all. Even my husband made that comment.

Sorry OP if you didn’t like my answer, but you asked the question.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Have you seen _snw_? If you don't think sleeves are hot on women, you clearly haven't seen her.

She's smokin'

^ x's 1000.

I have a full sleeve planned for when I reach a certain goal. (And that's just because both ribs are already inked lol.)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I enjoy tatoos on men and women. If a woman wants a sleeve more power to her. I personally don't think I would go that far due to job considerations but I certainly wouldn't judge anyone who has one.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Beautiful art is a pleasure to look at no matter what the canvas.

With that said I am working on a full backpiece I think its beautiful art.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options

yup. i wear long sleeves everyday to work. not really a problem.

My job is surprisingly cool about it. I'm in an office in short sleeves right now.