Am I the only Virgin here?

Options
vade43113
vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
I am just curious, cause the way a few people are talking on another thread, no names, it makes it seem being a virgin or single and wishing to stay that way is a disease.... or something.

no I am not gay...

and no I don't have any drive to change my single status.

Replies

• sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I find the lack of replies ironic.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm not a virgin, but I don't judge people for choosing who they give their virgnity to, or whatever they choose. I have only had sex with one person in my life, and that's my husband. That's how I wanted it. I had opprotunities before him, but it was also important to me that I waited until I found the person I knew i would marry. (The original plan was to wait until marriage but when you life together first, that because pretty much impossible lol)

It's your life, enjoy it how you see fit.

P.S. my best friend is a virgin at 25, so you're definately not alone.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    It seems to me the basic function of human life is to procreate. So it is kind of unnatural to not want to...

I'm a born again virgin. Not by choice though!

Muahahahahaahah. And is Virgin really a capital v?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I was a virgin before I got married, at 26. On purpose. It's a decision I made as a teen and stuck to it. It's definitely not the norm, and it's a difficult thing to do, but it was completely worth it. :-)

If you're happy with your status, then don't allow other people's biased opinions ruin your happiness. It takes a confident and secure person to enjoy being and staying single. And if you're asexual, you'll have a singularly uncomplicated life ahead of you. Just make sure you have a couple of good, true friends that you can talk to and share your life with so you don't isolate yourself, and set some lofty goals for yourself to achieve without the distraction of dating getting in your way.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin! And that will change when I'm ready; but for now, I'm too insecure with my body to show it to anyone in that way. I'm not rushing it, though.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, cause the way a few people are talking on another thread, no names, it makes it seem being a virgin or single and wishing to stay that way is a disease.... or something.

No I am not gay...

and no I don't have any drive to change my single status.

If a person is a virgin, they should be proud. If a person is single they should be proud. No one can speak for you, but you, so let everyone elses' word fall to the ground. You don't have to live their life. You only have one life to live and that's yours.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You're not the only one. My son is 25 and still a virgin.

Edited to add, he also doesn't want to change his single status. Right now he's in art school and has no desire to be in a relationship at all at this point. He's too focused on finishing school and starting a career.
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's what you think...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's what you think...

Well, he tells me he is and I have no reason to believe he's lying because he certainly doesn't have to.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Why are people on another thread talking about virginity anyway? Lol. This is myfitnesspal not mysexlife pal. :) i know there ks a section for chit chat, but my point is who cares? If you're a virgin good for you and more power to ya! Do whatever makes you happy and abides by your personal moral code. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
  • jsenecal12
    Options
    I am and will be until the day I'm married!
  • herdthinner
    herdthinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am. 44 and holding.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I am. 44 and holding.
    Holding what is the question =P
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am and will be until the day I'm married!

Same!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost my virginity at the age of 12. However, I dont think its a disease, if anything losing your virginity at a very young age can deprive you of some experiences since sex tends to ruin some innocent experiences.
  • herdthinner
    herdthinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am. 44 and holding.
    Holding what is the question =P

Maybe "to infinity and beyond" would make more sense?
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin! And that will change when I'm ready; but for now, I'm too insecure with my body to show it to anyone in that way. I'm not rushing it, though.

...nvm I'll leave this alone
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I say if your happy and then why does it matter?
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin......in my butt. =)
This discussion has been closed.