Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i wish i was still one. i've been with one guy and we plan on getting married when we have the money lol.
    but for real, there is nothing wrong with it, and i give kudos to people who have respect for themselves and wait for what they want.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.
    I am a Christian, but I think atheists still believe in pregnancy and STDs...

lol, im sure they do, but there are ways around that. This isn't 1736.

Though many churches still think it is and seek to prevent all people from using the tools we have to prevent these things, even when these people are not their followers and are, indeed, atheists.

The church prevents NOTHING...they just lay out the case of what ok and whats not. For ahtiests, who believe in nothing they should be out there banging away and doing whatever their heat/body desires since to them there is nothing after this.

So a person's atheist (doesn't believe in a god / higher power etc) and that means they have no morals?
    I personally don't care if a person's a virgin, slept with 1, 2 or 100 people, as long as that's their choice, but to say they should be out "banging away" just because they don't believe in anything is ridiculous!

Not a virgin myself but there are tons of reasons why a person may choose not to, that is nothing to do with religion. Did you know that prior to probably around the 1960's, most people would wait until they were married before having sex. This wasn't always because of religion, but for many because they didn't see sex as something to be shared with just anybody, and should be kept for the one you choose to spend your life with. I didn't choose to wait until marriage, but I certainly wouldn't just sleep with someone purely because I was in the mood, they were sexually attractive and up for it too!

Also, there are STD's, pregnancy etc (yes there are ways to prevent it, but nothing's 100%) are you saying that a 15 year old should be out there banging away because their desires / hormones say to them they should?

Well since u said it...i dont know why an atheist would have any morals? Why not live fo rtoday and just do whatever the F you want?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Comments like yours always get me wondering. Are you actually saying that if you didn't believe in a god you'd "just do whatever the F you want?" The ONLY reason you don't "just do whatever the F you want" is because god will punish you if you do? Are you REALLY saying that? Because if you REALLY are saying that, you scare me. I'm terrified that you will forget about god, or decide that your god has changed the rules and you'll actually hurt people.

Morality isn't born of religion, it's born of caring about the suffering of conscious creatures, and it happens because it's in our best interest to care about the suffering conscious creatures. We're better off if we care about the well being of others..
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin. Just haven't found anyone I liked that much to give it up to you yet. Sometimes I kinda wish I didn't care about that and had ONSs. :laugh: I have trouble finding people attractive who I don't get to know anyway, so it's not likely I'd enjoy sex with someone I didn't have feelings for.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    my point is all bogus.
    there I fixed it for you :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you!
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am! I'm 20 and single atm. No rush :)
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nah I'm not. I lost it when I was 16 to my first boyfriend. after a few years of his bull**** I got with my best friend and we got married. I don't judge people if they are or aren't. Ive only been with 2 people but it wasn't out of morals, its just I have a hard time connecting with other people on that level. I do how ever think that me losing it at 16 was a bit too young, I mean it's good to wait at least after high school because you can get pregnant and that is a scary situation at least after high school you get to be a kid for a bit longer and got your diploma.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am a virgin; I'm not interested in romantic or sexual relationships.

And yes, I've been told that this is "unhealthy" and "unnatural." Fear not; by not procreating, my unnaturalness will not be perpetuated. You're welcome, humanity. *sigh*
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm from Virginia too! Oh wait... I mis-read that.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm nearly 21 and still a virgin.
    And I have no problem with it.
    Not that I'm waiting for marriage exactly, but it will happen when it happens.

EXACTLY this. How do you know me so well? lol :)
  • FitLink
    Options
    Ugh, I was a virgin til marriage, by choice. It was a weird choice to a lot of people, but as long as I didn't expect the same from they, they could have cared less.

All this anti-atheist and anti-christian talk is such garbage. Grow up people. If you claim to be a christian, go ahead and act like one!
    I was raised in a very conservative home as far as religious beliefs go. Very very conservative, and yet I never once heard in my church or family that it was OK to go around and treat people like dirt because they don't share your same convictions. Quite the opposite, actually.
    It's just another excuse to be intolerant, and intolerance towards Christians as a whole is just as bad as the people saying atheists are moral-less savages. (some serious paraphrasing there)

Was there anti-christian sentiment on this thread? I missed it. I saw some pretty blatant anti-atheist sentiment though. Atheists saying they aren't amoral, especially in reply to a comment implying they are, isn't an attack on christianity.
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    I haven't seen the Rocky Horror Picture, either. Oh, and take my hubby out of the equation and I'd be a virgin again, too and there ain't nothing wrong with that. :wink:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Here's the face of a virgin
    pimpb.jpg
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Here's the face of a virgin
    pimpb.jpg

Hay, I have quite a few pictures like that... if only my scanner worked, I would show them off
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am. 44 and holding.
    Holding what is the question =P

Sweet!
  • FitLink
    Options
    I am a virgin; I'm not interested in romantic or sexual relationships.

And yes, I've been told that this is "unhealthy" and "unnatural." Fear not; by not procreating, my unnaturalness will not be perpetuated. You're welcome. *rolls eyes*

Not on this thread you haven't been told you're unhealthy or unnatural. You may have been elsewhere. In fact, there's a good reason, evolutionarily, why a species has some individuals that lack an interest in sex. The only health issue I know of isn't related to sex so much as reproduction. Women who don't carry a child have a higher risk of breast cancer. This applies to any woman who doesn't carry a child, no matter why.

I don't get the obsession with what is "natural" anyway. Eyeglasses aren't natural. Neither is indoor plumbing. Nobody is suggesting they are unhealthy or wrong.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was a virgin til marriage, by choice. It was a weird choice to a lot of people, but as long as I didn't expect the same from they, they could have cared less.

All this anti-atheist and anti-christian talk is such garbage. Grow up people. If you claim to be a christian, go ahead and act like one!
    I was raised in a very conservative home as far as religious beliefs go. Very very conservative, and yet I never once heard in my church or family that it was OK to go around and treat people like dirt because they don't share your same convictions. Quite the opposite, actually.
    It's just another excuse to be intolerant, and intolerance towards Christians as a whole is just as bad as the people saying atheists are moral-less savages. (some serious paraphrasing there)

Was there anti-christian sentiment on this thread? I missed it. I saw some pretty blatant anti-atheist sentiment though. Atheists saying they aren't amoral, especially in reply to a comment implying they are, isn't an attack on christianity.
    I'm sorry, I just got on my little rant and was talking in general. I saw the anti atheists pop their heads out and got all riled up.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I was a virgin until November 2006 at the age of 49.......Can anyone else beat that?.....Yes, it was by choice, I just didn't find the right person......

Also, you don't need to have sex to get HPV.......
  • FitLink
    Options

I'm sorry, I just got on my little rant and was talking in general. I saw the anti atheists pop their heads out and got all riled up.

I'm sorry too. It's just that I've been trying to get something done about the blatantly nasty posts since they first appeared on the thread; it looks as if it's not gonna happen.
  • FitLink
    Options
    I was a virgin until November 2006 at the age of 49.......Can anyone else beat that?.....Yes, it was by choice, I just didn't find the right person......

Also, you don't need to have sex to get HPV.......

You don't have to have sex to get HIV, AIDS, or HBV either, but why bring it up?
This discussion has been closed.