• SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin......in my butt. =)

I just giggled a little...lol
  • WTLW94
    WTLW94 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I never understood the important thing about virginity... Come on, is just sex. Nothing special, at least I dont find it special.

Personally, I "lost" it when I was 17, and it wasnt a special moment or something like that, just as i said, is just sex.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I never understood the important thing about virginity... Come on, is just sex. Nothing special, at least I dont find it special.

Personally, I "lost" it when I was 17, and it wasnt a special moment or something like that, just as i said, is just sex.
    for some people its not just sex, it means something more to them. so some people choose to wait.
  • WTLW94
    WTLW94 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

for some people its not just sex, it means something more to them. so some people choose to wait.

Okay, good for them, I just dont get it, thats all.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    People keep saying they were a virgin "by choice." Do some of us here NOT have a choice to be a virgin?

If somebody is **** ugly then yeah....
    I was butt ugly and still had sex...

Thanks for the ideological support...I think.
  • FitLink
    Options
    I was a virgin until November 2006 at the age of 49.......Can anyone else beat that?.....Yes, it was by choice, I just didn't find the right person......

Also, you don't need to have sex to get HPV.......

You don't have to have sex to get HIV, AIDS, or HBV either, but why bring it up?

Because most people think that is the only way to get HPV......They also think that a condom will protect you.......I was told it was my fault that I got HPV because the guy didn't wear a condom....This was by a female doctor......I'm 100% certain who I got mine from and it wasn't by penetration sex as he couldn't get it up.....How do I know it was him?....Because he had prostate cancer which can be connected to HPV...............

Well, unless they've tested him, having something "connected" (I think you mean correlated) with HPV doesn't mean he HAS HPV. It sounds like you're bitter, and you should be if doctors are "blaming" you for any illness, but maybe get some counseling. And get a new doctor.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    So... I was sort of what you might call a "born again" virgin. I went over 3 1/2 years without it (March 2005-December 2008) because my best friend, who later became my husband, who is now becoming my ex-husband, didn't believe in sex before marriage (or *kitten*, but that's a whole different story).

But then the wedding came and I wasn't one (a virgin, born again or otherwise) anymore.

At all.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    lol you lose it when you want its a personal thing that everyone can pick.
  • silcock69
    silcock69 Posts: 50
    Options
    I think mine might've grown back :sad:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are so doubtful when I say my son is a virgin. I'm not that gullible when it comes to my kids and they know I wasn't a virgin when I got married so no reason for either of them to lie about something like that. Would it be different if he got on here himself and said he was a virgin? :ohwell:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome that you respect and value yourself enough to choose to wait for the right time/place/person to be that intimate with. My hubby is only number 2 for me and if I could do it again he would have been my 1 and only.

Good for you!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    wow... I was just asking...

Curiosity wins out over fear, a lot with me, and when I become curious about something I research it. The only way to research that kind of question was to ask it.

And for the record, I have more female friends, than I do guy friends. Many of whom are attractive... and one of which, have openly said, that if I didn't take a stance against it, she would leave her boyfriend, at the time, for me. Not what I want....

My choice to remain a virgin, has little baring from my Christianity, just a bonus, but more on my own life.

Christ spoke, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself" So, I love everyone, not in the lust sex manner... but in the, if you need a shirt... take mine, need a ride, Where too? Need arms to help move, I got wedsndays off... Need a shoulder to cry on... mine is dry. I don't care if you pay me back ether. That is me.

God bless you. What a wonderful young man you are. :flowerforyou:
  • silcock69
    Options
    I don't know why people are so doubtful when I say my son is a virgin. I'm not that gullible when it comes to my kids and they know I wasn't a virgin when I got married so no reason for either of them to lie about something like that. Would it be different if he got on here himself and said he was a virgin? :ohwell:

Hey personally i think its great that in this generation of liars and secretism, you've got that much trust in your son. Good to see!
  • FitLink
    Options

Did your mother know you weren't a virgin, back BEFORE you got married but AFTER you had sex the first time? Did you entertain any thoughts of telling her? We don't tell our moms these things, for the most part.

I would most likely believe him if he said he was, under the circumstances that the OP posted. I WOULD NOT believe him now if he posted to this particular thread.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.

Have you read "The Purity Myth:How America's Obsession with Virginity Is Hurting Young Women" by Jessica Valenti?
    I think it would be right up your alley.

Haven't read that particular book yet, but I do love Jessica Valenti and Feministing! I do have "He's a Stud, She's a Slut ... And 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know."
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Don't worry about the people that thinks you are blind to what your son is doing. It takes a strong person to stand up for being a virgin. Why would your son lie about being a virgin? A lot of people believe that a person has to lose their virginity at a certain age or something is wrong with them. A lot of people that's going around saying they aren't virgins are actually scared virgins. They are afraid of being strong, so they weakly fall into the hands of people they want to like them. It's sad, but it's true, a lot of people go out and lose their virginity to fit in.

Fornication is a sin.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am and I'm 29. It's not that I haven't had opportunities, it's just that I'm a female who feels strongly about there being a link between sex and emotional feelings. Sometimes I think I'm ready...but then I remind myself of my wishes to stay that way until marriage. I think it was my mum who encouraged me to think this way (almost like a brainwash) and I love her for it. Plus, she had to get it right with me considering she had no influence on my brother with this at all. :)
  • silcock69
    Options
    Fornication is a sin.

And like most sins, it's ****ing awesome :drinker:
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.

Virginity does not oppress women. In fact, I'd consider the push for women to give up their virginity at the drop of a hat to be oppressive. I mean, consider the consequences. And, yes, we have options, but I'm still waiting for unplanned pregnancies and rampant STDs to be a thing of the past due to all these options we have.

Come on, women! Own your bodies. Utilize self-control. It's funny that self-control is okay (and encouraged) when it comes to giving into donuts or french fries, but it's considered oppressive when it comes to a potentially life-altering decision like a one-night-stand.

I respect all virgins and responsible non-virgins alike. But I get irritated with people who chase after pleasure without concern for consequences. This includes the obese who won't lift a finger to change their habits or the sexually promiscuous who think birth control and condoms (or abstinence) are too much of a hassle.

Yes, virginity oppresses women by reducing them to their sexualities and basing their worth on whether or not they've had sex. Oh, and there is absolutely no push for women to give up their virginity at the drop of a hat. More like the exact opposite. Seriously, for women to be able to own their own bodies, they have to be sexually liberated, and they can't be shamed for making decisions about their bodies.

Thank you, Laura! I couldn't have said that any better.

How is it not oppressive to tell women to "own their bodies" on YOUR terms and not encourage autonomy?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Do worry about the people that thinks you are blind to what your son is doing. It takes a strong person to stand up for being a virgin. Why would your son lie about being a virgin? A lot of people believe that a person has to lose their virginity at a certain age or something is wrong with them. A lot of people that's going around saying they aren't virgins are actually scared virgins. They are afraid of being strong, so they weakly fall into the hands of people they want to like them. It's sad, but it's true, a lot of people go out and lose their virginity to fit in.

Fornication is a sin.

No where does it say Fornication is a sin.

Fornication outside of wedlock is considered a sin but God actually orders us to fornicate.
This discussion has been closed.