for anyone considering the Couch to 5K...

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W6D2 today...Go Running Fools!

:laugh: We should change the thread title to that.
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    OK I have been hiding out for almost a week now and here is why.....

I moved last Thursday. Hubbie moved everything but forgot all of my good healthy food at the old apartment. By the time we got everything in the new place and returned the U-haul it was way too late to go get my food. I got chinese food! :blushing: Why oh why did I do that? :sad: :sad: I ate a reasonable portion but my body felt awful after I did which made me really depressed. I ate poorly for two more days after that. I felt sick every day and was really disappointed in myself. I did not work out for 5 days straight.

Good news- I finally got some healthy food choices in my refrigerator and went back to running last night. I did week 3 day 3. I was scared that I had lost my momentum but half way through I was awesome! My last three minute run turned into a 7 minute run!!!! I felt great. I am back on track ladies.

Sorry this was so long, I just needed to get it out. You are all doing awesome! :happy: :flowerforyou:

BTW has anyone heard from Loren? I wonder how she is doing with the program.
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm going to start this program starting today! I am not a "natural" runner by any stretch and have had periods when I love it but then I fall off the wagon and stop for months. I participate in an annual 5 mile fundraiser run each spring and this past July I did my first sprint distance Trialthlon...swim and bike were great, the run was horrible b/c I hadn't had my running shoes on since April!! :sad: . I am sick of the starts and stops with running and would like to try to this program to see if I can build my endurance and excitement on a more controlled pace so I stick with it. My goal is that it becomes a habit that I love to do! Looking forward to hearing all of your success stories and useful tips!!
  • toots99
    Options
    I'm no natural runner either, Bucky, I'm over 200 lbs! Just keep at it and you can do it too!

Hope things have settled down for you, AlyssasMommy!

As for me, I did W6D2 today...it was tough, but I did it! When I feel like I want to quit I tell myself "You're not going to die, and isn't five more minutes of struggle worth the rest of your life?!" Or I think of Jillian screaming "UNLESS YOU'RE GOING TO PUKE, FAINT OR DIE DON'T STOP!" :laugh:
  • meisen1116
    Options
    This is impressive! Congratulations! I know how difficult this probably was for you - I find running incredibly difficult. Yay for you!!!!
  • toots99
    Options
    It's not easy, but it's a great feeling of accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We really are running fools arent we :) I am over 240lbs and Im doing it and doing it successfully I must say so lol. Dont worry about the starting weight, or even the final weight. The best part of this program is the running and the feelings of accomplishment and success you get when you complete each run!

welcome to the team hun :)
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Did our thread die? I am starting week 4 tonight. How is everyone else doing?
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    hey lauren :)

I was wondering if it died too :( My progress took a back burner for a couple days because I got stuck working for 16hrs thursday and woke up friday morning with a nasty charlie horse wehre the muscle sticks out in a knot from my calf...NOT pleasant and its hard to walk all that day

i took it easy today and went to the zoo and did about 6km walk and I'll do a run tomorrow morning instead.....eek even longer runs! How is your progress coming along?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm still here ladies.... :) Did week 6, Day 2 this morning, in the rain and everything! Bring on Day 3 (25 minutes straight)......
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Completed week 7 day 1 today!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yeah I kinda thought this thread died too. Glad it got revived. :happy: I just got back from a run with amylynne and you'll never believe what I did! I was supposed to do w6d2 which is a 10 min. run, 3 min. walk, 10 min. run. Well Amy got a little ahead of me but I ended up catching up to her. I could have passed her but I felt so good that I decided I'd keep pace with her and see if I could run the same amount of time as she was running. She's on week 8 which is a straight 28 min. run. Well I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually ran for 28 minutes straight!!! I felt great when we stopped. I could have actually keep going a little longer. We were running a a pretty slow pace and I think that made a big difference. I wasn't even that much out of breath and my legs weren't very tired at all. We were whooping and hollering like crazy. :happy:

I have to give God the praise for it because I always pray before I start running. I forgot to pray first this time and shortly after I started I realized it so I asked God's forgiveness and prayed He'd help me finish the race and He sure did. I guess helping me to run the whole 28 minutes was His way of showing me He forgave me for forgetting. :laugh:

Smiles, great job running in the rain! That's a true running fool for ya. Not gonna let a little rain stop you from running! :bigsmile:

Congratulations to every one. You're all doing a terrific job. Good to see us running fools posting here again. :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I finished week 4 day 1 tonight. I feel fantastic! :smile: I can't believe that when I started I could not run for 60 seconds at a time. I saw a pair of fabulous running shoes today....might just have to treat myself. :bigsmile:
    I am so glad that the new me is a runner.:heart:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!!! So proud of all of the accomplishments. Just came back from my run this morning. Finished Week 5 day 3 - it does feel so good. I've been using the podcast to go out - then on the way back I run as I feel like it, so overall ran well over 30 minutes this morning. Just LOVE it.
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    I did a run today, I wanted to do the 25 minute run again today adn it wasnt that great. I hurt my tailbone somehow yesterday and so every time i steped it started to hurt so I only did about 10 minutes of running and then about 20 minutes of walking. I am goint to have to do it again tomorrow if i can and get through it all over again before I start week 7!!!

how is everyone else making out? Im really struggling to do the whole run each time. I find I need to do 10 minute runs adn 1 minute walks becuase I am not able to do it straight through yet. I dont want to say I "cant" do it, just that I am not "able to" yet lol :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend :tongue:
  • toots99
    Options
    Trying week 7 today, a 25 minute run! :noway:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'll try to post on Tuesday night if I run. We have a guest evangelist preaching at our church through Wednesday and hopefully if my daughter can go I can ride with her and I'll miss Tuesday's run. If I miss Tuesday I'll definitely run on Thursday. Since I did so well Saturday running 28 minutes, I'm going to try to skip w6d3 and weeks 7 and 8 and go for the 30 minute run at a slow pace. Wish me luck. I believe I can do it with God's help. :happy:
  • toots99
    Options
    I was so off! I must have forgotten that I already did the 25 minute run, and so today I was supposed to do the 28 minute run...and I did it!!!!!! All 28 minutes, without stopping. At the 28 minute mark, I was like "Shoot, I've come this far, I can do another 2 minutes to make it an even 30!" And I did! Granted, I did slow down to 4.7 at times, I did it!

Sooooo excited! We're all doing so well! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I was so off! I must have forgotten that I already did the 25 minute run, and so today I was supposed to do the 28 minute run...and I did it!!!!!! All 28 minutes, without stopping. At the 28 minute mark, I was like "Shoot, I've come this far, I can do another 2 minutes to make it an even 30!" And I did! Granted, I did slow down to 4.7 at times, I did it!

Sooooo excited! We're all doing so well! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

How exciting!! Good for you! I could have run another 2 minutes also but I didn't because I only had 23 minutes worth of music arranged on my I-pod. I wish I would have just continued running for another song's worth. I could have because I wasn't that much out of breath. Oh well. I'm really glad you made it though. I'm so proud of you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to go for a walk later and try running outside...I find that to be super hard!