So sad with what I saw today I wanted to cry

Options

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Have fun losing weight super fast on 800 cals a day.....and have fun losing your hair and your skin luster as well....Ive been on medifast which was 800 or so cals a day, and i know tons of others who have been on either that or low cal and the first thing that goes is your hair(i'm a hairdresser, i know these things) so stock up on some wigs while you lose the weight quickly, and the fact that you think a 35 pound 3 yr old should comsume more calories than(lets assume) a 160 pound person is REDICULOUS.....
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Have fun losing weight super fast on 800 cals a day.....and have fun losing your hair and your skin luster as well....Ive been on medifast which was 800 or so cals a day, and i know tons of others who have been on either that or low cal and the first thing that goes is your hair(i'm a hairdresser, i know these things) so stock up on some wigs while you lose the weight quickly, and the fact that you think a 35 pound 3 yr old should comsume more calories than(lets assume) a 160 pound person is REDICULOUS.....

You don't have kids, do you? Considering a child's size, they do need a whole lot of calories. For instance a 35 pound three year old would eat about as much as the 160 pound adult even though they're more than half their size.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options

You don't know nearly as much as you THINK you know..my kid is also a Hair Stylist, so please don't go spouting off at the mouth thinking your a know it all. And I was told to watch for that a sign my body isn't dealing with it. It's dealing with it, so again your scare tatic doesn't work on me. And I know someone who was on medifast and she didnt' lose her hair...some people deal well with it others don't . Sorry you didn't. It's been said that a morbid obese person can eat 75% BELOW their RMR. 800 calories are my 75% below. With the KNOWLEDGE that I will have to SLOWLY raise my intake as my weight goes down. Already done my research so try another one.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    O GEEZ...are we back to comparing toddlers to adults again!?!?!
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    This whole thing is silly, so sad that my post about this poor woman I was and it turns into a fight about my calorie intake and what may or may not happen to my body.

With everyone believing different things and passionate about it I guess it's going to get interesting, but name calling and all the holier than thou attitudes is a bit ridiculous.

I've been told that with my starting weight I can eat 75% below my RMR. That's 800 calories, I need to take a multi vitamin and take a fish oil capsule a day. And to listen to my body, it will tell me what I need to do differently. I'm doing that. They also told me that once I got to something healthier then I need to slowly up my calories to something more sustainable for down the road. Instead of people jumping to conclusions they should give people credit for being smarter and wiser than they assume. Drives me nuts for people to think they are so much smarter than anyone else and they know it all. Just because I believe differently than you doesn't make me wrong nor does it make you right. It's just your perception of how it is.

I'm just sad they turned this into something it wasn't.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    << is holier than thou. Haha. :flowerforyou:
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    << is holier than thou. Haha. :flowerforyou:

yeah and I like your attitude :laugh:
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    O GEEZ...are we back to comparing toddlers to adults again!?!?!

Comparing the caloric needs, yes because someone called something that's really not at all unfathomable "rediculous". I assume this person does not have kids because children need A LOT of calories considering their size. Even a teenager still needs quite a bit.

Generally the metabolism of a child is much greater than an adult, that's why some (not all) can get away with eating whatever without exercise and won't see any weight gain till they get in their late 20s.

I was never one of those kids though. I gained weight looking at a box of donuts. Damn it.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I do not have children, but used to babysit/nanny for 10-14 hours a day....this girl will drink juice, have a banana, maybe a SMALL bowl of cereal, some milk, half a pb and j sandwich and a couple bites of chicken and some rice for dinner and fit like 6 crackers or so in there for a snack. I don't know any grown adult that eats like that every day, besides my friends who are crash dieting. But whatever, i'm such a know it all and whatever words you want to throw at me, but I'm going off things ive seen for years (been babysitting since i was 17) and no child that i have EVER watched ate 1200-1500 cals a day....maybe when they got the occasional mcdonalds, but if they ate at home they weren't.

To the OP....yor defense mechanisms are incredible! You just have SOMETHING to say back to everyone that says something to you, even if they are saying it out of concern....perhaps you should eat more, because maybe its lack of food making you so angry and have to condescendingly lash out at anyone that has an opinion other than yours.
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    I do not have children, but used to babysit/nanny for 10-14 hours a day....this girl will drink juice, have a banana, maybe a SMALL bowl of cereal, some milk, half a pb and j sandwich and a couple bites of chicken and some rice for dinner and fit like 6 crackers or so in there for a snack. I don't know any grown adult that eats like that every day, besides my friends who are crash dieting. But whatever, i'm such a know it all and whatever words you want to throw at me, but I'm going off things ive seen for years (been babysitting since i was 17) and no child that i have EVER watched ate 1200-1500 cals a day....maybe when they got the occasional mcdonalds, but if they ate at home they weren't.

To the OP....yor defense mechanisms are incredible! You just have SOMETHING to say back to everyone that says something to you, even if they are saying it out of concern....perhaps you should eat more, because maybe its lack of food making you so angry and have to condescendingly lash out at anyone that has an opinion other than yours.

They came at me first and I have a right to defend my decisions in MY life. My life not theirs, and while some may be from true concern most were def. NOT, it's out of I know better than you because I'm smarter than you, and I've seen the post from them to others and they are rude as F*** . I've tried telling them I know what I'm doing and I've taken measure to be sure I'm safe as I can be in this decision but they contiue to point out how wrong they think I am. You don't have to like what I do but you also don't have the right to call names and be rude about my decisions, my decisions for MY life. Live your life but leave mine out of it cause I can live my own life and I have to say I'm doing a really good job of it. If all you can do is criticise others for their choices just because they don't agree with yours then you have no business commenting on others if you can't support them then move on and leave well enough alone other wise this post is what happens. And I'm not the one being condescending, I'm defending. Lack of food has nothing to do with it.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    This makes me rather sad that so many people are being hyprocritical of others choices. What right have any of you to question anyone on what they want to do. Never heard the saying of different strokes for different folks? From someone who is over 300lbs myself I look at this woman for inspiration, she is doing something about her weight, health conditions etc. I would rather walk with her on this journey than half of you lot, at least I can be assured she won't judge me but understand me and why I have to do what I have to do. As a muslim we fast for one month of the year, I haven't died yet and would barely eat 500cals in the day.

Seriously half of you get off your high horses and if we are happy doing what we are doing then leave us be. I do believe that some of you make it a pact to come on here and just annoy people. How sad little lives you have got
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    This makes me rather sad that so many people are being hyprocritical of others choices. What right have any of you to question anyone on what they want to do. Never heard the saying of different strokes for different folks? From someone who is over 300lbs myself I look at this woman for inspiration, she is doing something about her weight, health conditions etc. I would rather walk with her on this journey than half of you lot, at least I can be assured she won't judge me but understand me and why I have to do what I have to do. As a muslim we fast for one month of the year, I haven't died yet and would barely eat 500cals in the day.

Seriously half of you get off your high horses and if we are happy doing what we are doing then leave us be. I do believe that some of you make it a pact to come on here and just annoy people. How sad little lives you have got

Can I walk with you guys!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Am I mistaken? I thought Muslims fasted from sun up to sun down for one month. I've never heard that they fast completely for that month. At least the Muslims that I know don't.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Then that child was underfed.

I'm going off of being a former babysitter and now a mom to my own child.

Trust me, when you become a mom you read every book you can get your hands on to ensure you do everything right (even though it doesn't work out that way) but yeah my one year old is supposed to have around 1000 calories a day. The 12 year old is supposed to have around 1600 a day.

They eat more because they're growing.

My one year old is a freaking piglet right now but some days he is fine with the minimum.

I am a "know-it-all" because I am a mother and a future nursing student. :) Aren't all nurses and mothers know-it-alls? Haha.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Trust me, when you become a mom you read every book you can get your hands on to ensure you do everything right (even though it doesn't work out that way) but yeah my one year old is supposed to have around 1000 calories a day. The 12 year old is supposed to have around 1600 a day.

My one year old is a freaking piglet right now but some days he is fine with the minimum.

I am a "know-it-all" because I am a mother and a future nursing student. :) Aren't all nurses and mothers know-it-alls? Haha.

Become a nurse first.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Become a nurse first.

I don't have to be a nurse to know children need more calories. They're growing. It's common sense.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    You eat 700 calories a day... I am sad for you too. You say this site is for support, that is true, but support doesn't mean "I will encourage you to keep doing what you're doing even if it's unhealthy".

I need to state for the record that you are posting publicly about eating 700 calories a day, I didn't dig for this information. You're not exactly keeping it private, for someone who is upset at all the negative feedback she's receiving.

I agree, too few calories, thats not the right way to do it. You won't keep it off long term, you need to develop a healthy lifestyle and make change you can keep for life.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You said you saw her walking; Maybe she has gotten the same revelation as you and many of the rest of us; Perhaps she has started her journey. Best wishes to you and her!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    You said you saw her walking; Maybe she has gotten the same revelation as you and many of the rest of us; Perhaps she has started her journey. Best wishes to you and her!

Something I've noticed I do now, park as far away from the entrance as I can. I mean I'm still in the parking lot but I'm no longer trying to find the closest spot to the entrance.
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a friend and she probably weighs 550, maybe more. Recently she became a diabetic and asked me for help diet wise. I explained about what not to eat and suggested she use portion control. She eats tremendous amounts of food. I begged her to get on MFP and diet along with me. Nothing I have suggested has worked. If she does not stop someday she will probably end up bedridden...minus limbs. Bottom line here is that some people just don't care. It breaks my heart for she is a wonderful person. She is content to be where she is at. She asked me to quit bugging here about her weight so I no longer say anything. Just because you may be sad that does not mean that person is sad and miserable.