Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

In reality, you've probably never "failed" your children :)

The bold part is what's really important.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I make coffee ice cubes so I can drink it immediately, without the sad dilution side effect!

Yes! I do this with cocktails. I like Crystal Light lemonade with either Bicardi Limon or silver tequila and fresh lime, so I keep a tray of Crystal Light ice cubes in the freezer. No watered down drinks around here!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Salty, creamy goodnesss... yarrrrggghhhh *Homer drool*
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

Agree. Parenting is so hard because you can't know if you've done OK until it's pretty much too late. All you can do is do what you think is best at the time and love them.

I know as an adult I appreciate my dad's strict parenting choices more. My mom was a mess. Even so, I know she loves us regardless of her past mistakes.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I play with my dingy sometimes.

3200296486_0c73fd9ce4.jpg
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like Arby's Horsey sauce on their curly fries. :blush:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

RE: 5 Hour Energy:

You can buy B Vitamin Complex in liquid form from any vitamin shoppe (I think mine are from Puritan's Pride) and it comes with a dropper, you drop a measure of the liquid under your tongue. It's like ultra-concentrated 5 Hour Energy, for a much lower cost per use. And I can attest, when my butt is dragging, and I drop a double dose under my tongue, I am perked up within the half hour! (Those 5 hour energies can get expensive).

I hardly ever need them but when I do (Dos Equis commercial), I get them from Dollar Tree. 5-HE are crazy expensive!!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I play with my dingy sometimes.

3200296486_0c73fd9ce4.jpg

That's exactly what I thought, too.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    All these posts about bad parenting make me want to go home and hug my parents.

Me too!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I use Heinz English Salad Cream pretty much anywhere mayo would be appropriate. Love the stuff, pay a goofy price for it, and always have a bottle in the fridge.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Yessss. Ranch is the BEST. I have to be picky about where I get it from though because a lot of places throw MSG in it (Hidden Valley, Wishbone, etc...). There's a place in Northeast Ohio called Yours Truly that makes their own and it's so so good. The best/worst combo is ranch with Notso fries smoootherrreddd in cheese, bacon, and sour cream.

yours-truly-restaurant.jpg
  • BZAH10
    Options

Thank you! I wrote that post in response to feeling so angry about all the terrible things others here have gone through with their parents. I hope it wasn't perceived as I was looking for credit or validation. It wasn't about me (although I do appreciate the responses). And after reading those terrible experiences I feel foolish for whining about my own life.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Agreed 100%. Again I work in child support so daily I deal with people who definitely should never ever procreate BUUUUUT they do. It's sad honestly.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I like Arby's Horsey sauce on their curly fries. :blush:

Oh, yeah, forgot about that! Haven't eaten carbs for a while, but I used to like that combo and then McDonald's fries with bbq sauce.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

RE: 5 Hour Energy:

You can buy B Vitamin Complex in liquid form from any vitamin shoppe (I think mine are from Puritan's Pride) and it comes with a dropper, you drop a measure of the liquid under your tongue. It's like ultra-concentrated 5 Hour Energy, for a much lower cost per use. And I can attest, when my butt is dragging, and I drop a double dose under my tongue, I am perked up within the half hour! (Those 5 hour energies can get expensive).

I hardly ever need them but when I do (Dos Equis commercial), I get them from Dollar Tree. 5-HE are crazy expensive!!!

Hahaha! Nice reference! Also, congrats on the recent weight loss! I wanted to comment on your post a few pages back but I always seem to be scrambling to keep pace here.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Whenever I'm overseas (so not at home in Germany) people always look at me when I put mayo on my fries. Here, almost everybody does that. When you order 'fries red/white' you get it with mayo and ketchup. When I was younger there was one brand that sold mayo and ketchup together in one bottle, swirled the way multi-colored toothpaste is.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)