July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I'm just done with week 1 and alreaady have a love/hate relationship with Hal Koerner.

Hope everyone is having a runderful day!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 , @amymoreorless , @bruins_girl , and @skippygirlsmom and all the other sweaty runners - I am glad to know that I am not alone. As I run along the trail I have found myself watching to see if there is anyone else as sweaty as me rather than checking out their speed, lol. Almost never see anyone else even close. I have to sit outside for a while so the dripping stops. I have gotten out of the chair on my deck and had a pool of sweat on the ground below so deep that a bug had drowned in it.

Anyway, thanks for making me feel slightly more normal.

Yeah, I have taken to stopping my run 1/2 mile from home and slowly walking back to allow my core temp to fall.

I plan just about all my routes to include an extra half mile to mile just so I can walk to cool down.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    WK 7.3.17 - 7.9.17

M - 4 m.
    T - 15.2 m.
    W - 10.7 m.
    T -
    F - 9.6 m.
    S - 12 m.
    S - 10.6 m.
    Total - 62 running Miles * Goal is a 60 mile running week.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats @angmarie28 ! You are awesome!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    Way to go @angmarie28!!!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 - Wow, you're tough. Completing a marathon, in adverse heat, after having a long run of only 9 miles? I don't think I'm that tough. You really earned that medal!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 - Wow - that is an incredible race story! I cannot imagine running for that long in the heat regardless - and to have managed all that with a sore hip and only a long run of 9 miles certainly proves that you have incredible moxy! Congrats on a fabulous finish - even if it wasn't official.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 Oh God bless you girl! Oh God bless you! You are one tough woman.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 fantastic!!! Wow that's amazing that you would run a full marathon having only run 9 miles long. wow Great job
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Sweaty girls - yeah us!

But take comfort, sweaty runner. Although your running group may mock the fact that you look like a drowned rat after every run, no matter the length, or that you sweat more than the guys in the group, or that your shoes never stop making that noise, you know how tough you are. In fact, you might be sweating more as a result of increased fitness. The American College of Sports Medicine says “A fit person will start sweating earlier and easier. It may sound strange at first but as someone becomes fit, the body becomes more efficient at regulating the body’s temperature. When you start sweating earlier the body cools down faster, which releases extra body heat and allows you to work out harder for longer.”

http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2016/05/t-rex-runner/sweaty-women-runners_59538#X4VgFDIe9LljDqSk.97

That's right! Sweaty girls are bad *kitten*. ;)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 woo hoo! You rock! I wish I had your determination.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Way to go @angmarie28! I'm envious of you. You are one tough chickie!