Weird foods/combinations you eat

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Lately I’ve been LOVING egg salad on cinnamon raisin bread. Perfect sweet and salty/savory combo. yqv16omzkjeh.jpeg

this! I love cinnamon raisin bread for grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I don't know how weird this is considering Heinz just made a packaged version of this combo, but I LOOOOVE dipping fries in a mixture of mayo and ketchup. My favorite way to eat fries but I can't do it often lol.
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with hot mango pickle and red onion on pita
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    This goes back to my early teens - very very VERY burnt toast with raw carrot.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't know how weird this is considering Heinz just made a packaged version of this combo, but I LOOOOVE dipping fries in a mixture of mayo and ketchup. My favorite way to eat fries but I can't do it often lol.

Definitely agree. I don't eat Chick-Fil-A anymore (boycotting the company, nothing diet-related) but that was the whole point for me, dipping chicken sandwiches and fries into a mix of ketchup and mayo. Delicious. I still do it at home with baked sweet potato fries and olive oil mayo blended with ketchup. Mmm.

I also used to love Dairy Queen chicken finger baskets, dipping my chicken and fries into their white gravy and ketchup mixed together.
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Peanut butter and miracle whip sandwich

Butterred egg noodles with cottage cheeses and pepper on top.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,416 Member
    Options
    eahrenee wrote: »
    Peanut butter and miracle whip sandwich

Butterred egg noodles with cottage cheeses and pepper on top.

Not gonna lie, the PB/miracle whip thing sounds revolting, but cottage cheese and pepper on buttered egg noodles doesn't sound weird at all. I grew up using a mix of cottage cheese and Shredded Mozzarella where most would use ricotta in lasagna and do to this day. I find it far superior to ricotta in lasagna :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options

This is how most Dutch people eat fries. There is a typical fast food dish called "patatjes oorlog" (= fries at war) of fries with ketchup, mayo, satay sauce (spicy peanut sauce), and chopped raw onion.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    A childhood favorite and I still crave it (and eat it) from time to time: plain white cooked macaroni with a nut of butter and a good spoonfull of brown sugar.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pb n j
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!

Sounds like the Mexican candy suckers called Luca real mango and it’s dipped in chili lime powder
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I love roasted nori (seaweed) and peanut butter or spreadable cheese.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Fried Bologna in butter with cheese and diced jalapenos. Elvis loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches and I would have to agree that they're delicious! Nutella and peanut butter on saltines. Ketchup on almost anything is delicious...sandwiches, eggs, potatoes...
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Fried Bologna in butter with cheese and diced jalapenos. Elvis loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches and I would have to agree that they're delicious! Nutella and peanut butter on saltines. Ketchup on almost anything is delicious...sandwiches, eggs, potatoes...

I don't think these are weird combos at all! Or maybe they are and I'm just weird. I love the Elvis combo too... but with raspberry preserves too. I like ketchup on everything too... well, not everything. But ya know what I mean
  • LoveyChar
    Options

I don't think these are weird combos at all! Or maybe they are and I'm just weird. I love the Elvis combo too... but with raspberry preserves too. I like ketchup on everything too... well, not everything. But ya know what I mean

Oh I'll try it with preserves, sounds delicious...
  • pancakerunner
    Options

s8bz820erksz.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Seaweed snacks (sheets of nori) and V8. Or nori with Sesame Snaps.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Seaweed snacks (sheets of nori) and V8. Or nori with Sesame Snaps.

I love roasted nori with peanut butter or with cream cheese haha
  • LoveyChar
    Options

s8bz820erksz.jpg

Oh my goodness...that looks delicious, like a humongous gob of peanut butternon topof bacon and jelly underneath. But what is the bread? Is it like a pita bread shell?
  • pancakerunner
    Options

s8bz820erksz.jpg

Oh my goodness...that looks delicious, like a humongous gob of peanut butternon topof bacon and jelly underneath. But what is the bread? Is it like a pita bread shell?

Haha look up "Fool's Gold Loaf" :)