December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 Yes, I'm a little geeky with the run tracking spread sheet though I've resisted the urge to graph the data. :D

Did a track workout yesterday and felt my right hamstring and upper calf twinged after 2 miles of warming up. I've had off and on trouble with the hamstring when I try to do speed work but the right calf is a new thing.

alq76tyx1k1y.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Another trick for tracks is to carry pennies. Drop a penny each lap, and when you run out stop. Though 177 pennies would be a lot to deal with :)
    I've never run on an indoor track (and am pretty sure that none even exists anywhere nearby), so I won't have to try. But I was just thinking that an alternative would be candies like jelly beans. You take the right amount with you, and eat one for each lap. Counting and carb fueling in one! :wink:
    I did this in a race with a multiple-looped course once. Worked great!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Big sale on Under Armour right now, big enough that some of it is actually reasonably priced. :) This article has the links and coupons:

https://9to5toys.com/2018/12/03/under-armour-december-sale/
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    ctlaws44 wrote: »

Whaaa? The only reason to use a spreadsheet is to look at trend data. I love graphs and charts!

Hope the hamstring/calf is nothing! Id hate to see it ruin a perfectly good spreadsheet/graph. :wink:

:D Thanks @Elise4270! I know but I already get my fill of spreadsheets at work. If I graph it I know I'll get trapped into an analysis/manipulation vortex and then it wouldn't be as fun. My race results are where I really track my progress.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Scott6255! Hope it was a good one!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Easy 8 miles this evening. Only after 6 did it truly feel easy. Temp felt good when I started (sun was up). Colder than *&^% about half way through when the sun went down.
    Happy birthday to me. :D
    exercise.png

Happy Birthday!!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255, Happy Birthday!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Scott6255 ! I must have been channeling your birthday celebration today because i ate donuts, cookies and a chocolate bar! Hope you had a great day with great food!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    12/1 4.37 Saguaro 7k
    12/2 8 Hot Chocolate 15k

12/3 cold/tired/depression/grieving
    12/4 2 & upper body strength
    12/5 3.49 Tempo (10:00 min goal)

Total 17.86 out of 100

I did the same as last night. I came home, changed, ate, had some Nuun caffeine, then went for my run. I had a tempo workout with 400m x 6 at 10: 00-minute mile pace. By number 6 I was tired! I got nothing else. LOL