December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is it harder to breathe when the temperature is in the teens?

Full disclosure, I have never run in the teens. But, I'm gonna go ahead and say, yes it is harder to breathe, move, think, or even exist in weather that cold!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 That's awesome!! Congrats!! Also, that is a super cute medal!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary Well that is one big bug! No worries about that one getting in your ear while you sleep!

@Avidkeo i think we all lose motivation from time to time. I know i do. There's nothing wrong with a break, and when this funky no-wanna-run mood hits, all you can do is embrace it hoping its the result of a subconscious need. Go for walks, swim, have a bike ride or try to anything until it passes.

Worst thing for me is having a great run and expecting all of them to be great. Yet in reality, 1 in 20+ are great runs.

I'm currently trying to get over the fear of running. I'm afraid if i run, it'll hurt again. So no run, no hurt. But then I'm not training like i want too. And I think I'm just waiting for this year to be over so i can magically start anew.

Good luck. Do some soul searching. Maybe you can figure out the where the wall is and plot to climb it. If you figure it out, please share because we all hit this from time to time and it'd be nice to have some insight how to manage it.

Think of weta zombies? You must run. :wink:

Thanks for this. I really needed it. As you say I expect all my runs to be great but honestly they are usually a slog lol. Weta zombies... No thanks haha. We had one on our wood pile a year or so ago. Didn't go near it for ages, just let him take over. I like and admire them - at a distance!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins woooo hooo Well done! Awesome report and yay you! Feels good right (along with the pain and agony lol)
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Congratulations! I LOVE the photo of you crossing the finish line. You look so happy!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 Wow! Well done!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Congratulations on a great race!

@zdyb23456 Super cute medal and CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal of running a marathon at 40!!!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I’m running a NIGHTTIME half next Saturday. My body is not going to know what to do.
    I'm a morning runner, too - but LOVE night races! Except the all-day pre-race nerves.