WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many people you can smile at today!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Afgans I made one for my 86 year old mother and she loved it. All this talk makes me want to make more for her and my grandkids. Lord knows I have enough yarn to use up! Won’t need to buy any LOL.

Yesterday after putting reservation tags out at park, I did 4 loads of wash while finishing my Christmas cards and crocheted gifts, then went out to eat for the first time since August using a gift card we got for Christmas. After that went to Post Office and mailed almost all my Christmas gifts. Line went out the door. Next to a Store called Big R where DH wanted to but some bullets and look for slippers. Then to Dollar General and home finally by 4 pm. Then put folded clothes away then collapsed. I was exhausted. Doesn’t sound like much but 8,000 steps made we whooped out! Only my son left for Christmas gift and card. His birthday too on 12/27. Today will be a quiet day home.

RVRita in windy Roswello
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I vacuumed the kitchen area, and mopped it. Not really a lot, but man I felt it! Last nights sleep was restless, and moments of tender belly. My poor muscles!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - I have suggested several alternatives from time to time. I am happy for him to go on his own, but that doesn't seem to grab him. He could go on the train from London. I have suggested going together and me staying in a local small hotel in the village, so he can stay with her. (I hate staying with people). I have suggested flying to a nearby city, Narbonne, and staying a nice hotel and visiting her from there. He hasn't bitten yet.
    As far as Cyprus goes, I haven't questioned him yet. Letting it mull. I did reply to my friend's email, saying we were pondering, and she was very sweet about it. She knows all the problems as we Zoom fortnightly. I may go next autumn at the same time as G. But I will have zero funds after paying for my cruise next June. Hoping to squirrel away some interest due next May.
    They are the most amazing hosts. I love visiting their house near Glasgow. One of the few places I can bear to stay the night. My own King bed and my own bathroom. They respect my hatred of background music and TV. A wonderful barbecue hut in the garden. Can't do enough for you.
    Cyprus in the autumn sounds attractive. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Worked today then bowling, ceramics tonight. No work tomorrow so the plan is to do a body pump DVD

Rosemarie – I don’t know if Jess would take me to midnight mass or not. I’m really not going to worry too much about it. See, Colby is a Mormon. VERY VERY non-practicing. As a matter of fact, he feels very awkward going to midnight mass with me. He went once. But he’s so uncomfortable I haven’t pushed it. I’m sure this stems from the fact that religion was pushed down his throat when he was growing up. You should see how his mother is pushing for them to get married! I’m sure she doesn’t approve of their living together. Right after Jess graduated, she was asking Jess about the colors for her shower. Jess just though “I really don’t care about colors, I’m concerned about where I’ll be living 3 months from now”. But marriage, children, is very much a part of their religion. And Colby is rejecting it. I know Jess tries to stand by him. Like they usually don’t go to mass with me on Christmas or Easter. So I’m not sure what she’d do

Had the Christmas party and celebrated those with December birthdays at bowling today. Brought my own sandwich. Yes, I did have a piece of birthday cake, two brownies, and this cookie along with fruit and cheese. Right now I am stuffed. Not going to have much for dinner

Karen – what a blessing you are for your brother

Allie – you ARE very nurturing

Oops...time got away from me yesterday. Anyway….

Tuesday here: did a body pump DVD, then bought gas (used up one of my $25 gift cards), went to Food Lion then the dollar store, walked around the block, then Vince and I went to WalMart and then had to go to Sam’s since WM didn’t have any milk. Wanted to see if they had a sampler of snacks (like Goldfish, etc) for Jess and Colby, but they didn’t. However, got this pasta basket for Jess. She likes her pasta. Ceramics tonight. This will be the last night I’m thinking until Feb. but I know that Michelle is hoping to get up and running in Jan. We shall see.

Anne DE – fantastic that you had such a successful date!

Rori – If an empty water bottle was capped and throw on the floor, I can’t see how that is more of a tripping hazard than if it wasn’t capped. I can see how throwing a full bottle uncapped can be less of a projectile. Do you have to call the arena to see if you can bring in an empty water bottle? I don’t remember seeing water fountains, but then again, I really haven’t looked. I suppose you could fill it up in the lady’s room, can’t you? My one coat is really meant to be one that you can fold up and transport so it has these deep pockets on either side. Really, I didn’t think about it, but I probably could have snuck a bottle in.

katla – feel better fast

Better post this before time gets away from me again.

As promised, the manatee.

Michele NC

z5tfh9bpfxtk.jpg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 3min 9sec, 83elev, 2.90ap, 91ahr, 118mhr, 6.05mi= 624c
    Strava app = 741c
    *lucy walked 2-1/2mi*
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 13.53min, 66elev, 165aw, 22amph, 111ahr, 155mhr, 50gear, 5.08mi= 141c
    Strava app = 130c
    Zwift stats- 13.55min, 67elev, 163aw, 50arpm, 21.94amph, 5.09mi= 131c

Total cal 765
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Today Bessie went on an exceptionally long walk after breakfast (95 minutes instead of her usual 10-30). It was all in the big field behind the house so I didn't get my usual long walk on the streets. My step count was so low that I had to walk again after lunch to get to 10,000 steps. Walking in the daytime is not my favorite but I did talk to several people and get current news of the neighborhood.

:)Annie glad you enjoyed your date. Take it one day at a time and don't make any snap judgments.
    :) To all of you recovering from surgery--I hope you will put care of yourself at the top of your list and cross off several others

:)Heather you have a big challenge weighing the expense and travel challenges against the joy of the destination

<3 Barbie in NW WA 💖
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Today was my 2 week checkup with surgery doctor. It went very well. He took off the gaze dressings and now just have tape over the stitches. Kind of sore around the one by my bra, and also around my belly button. But not too bad.
    Never did ask doctor about donating blood tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fine.
    Nothing else to report.💖🤗😁
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Yay Rebecca! Sounds like your recovery is going fine. Now we need to keep Debbie and Machka in our thoughts. Everybody take care of yourselves!

Pip you and Lucy and Yogi and Chispas are walking up a storm! You bounce right back!

I've tweaked my shoulder again carrying groceries. So no dumbbells tonight.

Hope everyone is safe in the storms.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Ha ha ha watching Christmas Vacation..makes me laugh every time ..
    756dhtn748uf.jpg
    This was Miles this morning,he corked off before mom even left.. he isn't sleeping well..but he sure looks cute when he does.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

It was my turn for insomnia last night. I got my phone out at four a.m. to read. But then I fell asleep around five and only woke up maybe three more times before my alarm at seven thirty. Probably related to the iced tea I had for lunch.

I have to get groceries today, and then Teddy goes to the vet at two. Then I have a pork loin to cook for dinner. So plenty to do.

My date yesterday didn't walk me to my car. He didn't ask me to text him when I got home safe. He didn't text me at all. I left a message for him on the dating site. On one hand, he is treating me like an equal, but on the other, it feels a bit inconsiderate. I have to think about how much that matters to me. I used to have a rule that I should ask for what I want, then give him a chance to do it, before I judge. Is walking me to my car universally known to be expected good behavior?

Annie in Delaware

I haven't dated in ages and the last time I did I didn't own a car ... but these days I don't think I would want a person I had just met to walk me to my car. If he did, he would know what kind of car I had and my licence plate number.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Well, that’s the last time we will go to ceramics at that building. She’s expecting to open late January. We shall see….

Rebecca – sounds like your recover is going great. That’s wonderful

M – I’m so glad to hear the surgery went fine. Now for you to rest and heal.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Machka, glad surgery went well! Rest and heal!💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    Options