WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Sue Yay for thirteen pounds gone! Good job!

Beth good luck with Cecil. Seems like two year olds just need lots of attention and repeat work on boundaries.

I had an exciting moment on the horse today. He hopped, but I didn't fall. Then he was a little fast, so I practiced slowing him down.

Time to go cook for my parents. They are having crab patties.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Just a quick pop in before bed.

Intentions for today:
    ♦️declutter writing space ✔️
    ♦️general chores✔️
    ♦️sort out groups hall rents✔️
    ♦️monthly meeting 2.30pm; pay rents ✔️
    ♦️solid habits✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie,

question about "Let it knead in the bowl for ten minutes,"
    So, do I knead it in the bowl then on the board or let it rest for ten minutes then put on the board?

I am very new to this(used to use my bread machine when I did make bread.)

I have my second batch of banana yeast rolls ready to go in the oven in 10 min.

I will try setting my pressure cooker on warm for five minutes before putting the dough in and turning it off when I do put the dough in it and let it just stay in it to rise until double in size. Having it on warm, it left a dryer spot on it, like it did yesterday when I made it(but I messed up and it was on warm for 20 min instead of 5)

The flavor is great, just want to keep practicing- DH says they remind him a little Hawaiian bread.

Think I might try a mango next time I have extras that are over ripe

It’s a typo. It should read “let it rest in the bowl for ten minutes"

THANK YOU Karen- I fixed it on my copy of the recipe.
    Sorry to keep this going, but that was absolutely NOT a typo. Once the bread has completely come together and is pulled away from the sides of the bowl, you should knead it for ten minutes, either in the bowl of a stand mixer (which is what I was referring to), or by your hands. Without that, you won't develop any of the gluten, and it will be flat as a pancake.

lol sorry for sticking my nose into this
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Karen - Thank you so much for that beautiful post. It has helped me so much. Everyone has a different story to tell, a view of events that can be at a slant to ours, or even unrecognisable.
    I am expecting a letter from my ex, where he puts forward how he feels about things. I've been anxious about it, but I have found the universe has come up with all kinds of help for me, including your post this morning.
    I am glad you feel more at peace. <3 It's often surprising to us to find that other people have minds of their own, even secret corridors and rooms, whole wings, to which we are not privy. We are not responsible for their feelings because they are coming from a wholly different place. All we can speak is our own truth, believe we are good inside, and that we did the best we could at the time. 'When you know better, you do better.'

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS And yes, Barbara, I did knead the dough with a dough hook. I have a beautiful KitchenAid.

PPS This morning I boiled an orange in the IP to make another whole orange cake. DH was so sad that I gave away the first one (gluten free) to the family, as a welcome gift, and didn't get to sample it, that I'm making him another one. :p<3 Not gluten free.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Carol – a lizard in the house! I don’t think I’d be giving it any reason at all to stick around, I don’t care if it needs water or not. I don’t want/need it

Michele NC

We have heaps of little lizards around ... I kinda like them. :)

M in Oz