Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie,

Yeast Rolls for Sandwiches or Filled Rolls:
    Bread – full recipe (taken from Mama’s recipe)
    3 to 4 tbsp yeast in 1 cup of warm water, with pinch of sugar, proof.
    2 cups milk or buttermilk if you want tangy rolls (warm to room temp in microwave)
    2 large eggs
    2/3 cup of oil
    4 tsp salt
    1/4 cup sugar
    6 to 8 cups of flour (bread flour or all-purpose flour)
    Whisk oil, salt, sugar, milk, to get salt and sugar dissolved while yeast proofs.
    Add yeast, water mixture after it comes to a head. Add six to seven cups of flour until it becomes a big, mass, pulling away from the sides of the bowl.
    Let it knead in the bowl for ten minutes, pull out onto a board/countertop with enough flour to make it not stick, form into a smooth ball. Clean and oil the mixing bowl, add a bit of oil to keep bread from sticking, put the dough back in it, put it in a warm place, covered with plastic wrap, until dough doubles.
    Punch down the dough, form rolls or loaves, let them rise ‘til double.
    Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until brown, for rolls. Loaves need to be in for as much as 30 minutes. Cover with foil if they get too brown.

Half-recipe (makes about 15 rolls).
    2 tablespoons of yeast (or 1 packet-ish) with pinch of sugar in 1/2 cup water.
    1 cup milk or buttermilk
    1/3 cup of oil
    1/8 cup sugar
    2 tsp salt
    1 cup of wheat bran (optional)
    3 to 4 cups of flour

For filled rolls, when it comes to time to shape them, flatten roll dough into a small disk, put filling in the middle, gather the dough up over the filling, pinch all edges together, and turn the pinched edges to the underside, let rise, bake the same as with the regular rolls. Fillings can be ham and cheese, pepperoni and mozzarella.

I tend to use the half recipe, and it is more than Corey and I can use in two weeks... Enjoy!

question about "Let it knead in the bowl for ten minutes,"
    So, do I knead it in the bowl then on the board or let it rest for ten minutes then put on the board?

I am very new to this(used to use my bread machine when I did make bread.)

I have my second batch of banana yeast rolls ready to go in the oven in 10 min.

I will try setting my pressure cooker on warm for five minutes before putting the dough in and turning it off when I do put the dough in it and let it just stay in it to rise until double in size. Having it on warm, it left a dryer spot on it, like it did yesterday when I made it(but I messed up and it was on warm for 20 min instead of 5)

The flavor is great, just want to keep practicing- DH says they remind him a little Hawaiian bread.

Think I might try a mango next time I have extras that are over ripe

It’s a typo. It should read “let it rest in the bowl for ten minutes"
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbara I love your attitude. I enjoy reading your posts.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,109 Member
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today. Do emails count?

12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Can't tell you that! It's a secret ... same secret as my favourite Christmas gift. :)

13 Tell a random person they look "good" today. It's a bit late in the day to read this and didn't meet too many random people today ... or people in general. But I smiled at some horses and told Rhody he's gorgeous.

14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    One is a secret ... I should be able to tell you by the end of the month.
    My skin cancer surgery went better than expected and all my margins are clear.
    I've been able to hold my granddaughter.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week. Well, I did email a couple people yesterday. :)

16 What made you smile today. Do you mean like evil laughter?? :naughty: Or a happy smile? :smiley:
    Happy would be big fresh strawberries from our plants and my colouring book. I'm colouring little rainbows right now.

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    Our garden

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    House
    Bed
    Comfy PJs
    My Chair
    Food

19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently.
    I have been going to my optometrist and optical shop for several years now. I went there again today and again I was very happy with with their service.

20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    In no particular order ...
    My hair
    My eyes
    My legs
    My hands
    My brain

21 Pay it forward in some way .... ummm ... well, I smiled and thanked a number of people today.

22 What do you most desire in your life right now? That's my own personal, unpublicised desire.

23 Go an entire day without complaining. Today wasn't the day for that. :) Got together with some friends from my former workplace. I haven't seen them in a couple months so we caught up. Is it complaining if I update friends with the way the insurance company has been treating us?

24 What about you makes you special? Tenacity and determination

25 Spend time with a loved one. Every evening!
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Woke up several times last night with back spasms. Don’t know what triggered them. I haven’t had any in the last 10 years. Hurts like a bugger and there is nothing I can do about it. Mine are up below my shoulder blade into my ribs which squeeze my lungs. I get panicky about not being able to breathe then I’m up all night. C’est la vie as they say. Might be because the humidity up to 98% here due to the ‘storm’. Oh, well, it will go away, just a ghost of a pain right now. Took some Tylenol and should go away soon.

I get back spasms occasionally when I've been doing a lot of work in the garden on a warm day and haven't been drinking enough water.

About a year ago, I got a really bad one in the middle of the night which wrapped around to my chest. Had me a quite worried for a while!!

Those things are scary!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    When you are early into a relationship use the three strike rule. Watch for clues how they treat others and animals. Three actions that do not align with your values and they are out. BE VERY CAREFUL if you are approached by someone online because it is much harder to judge if this is a trustworthy person. I have been approached by men I don't know online and I never respond to them!

Thankfully, I think I'm past the new relationship thing. :)

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept straight through until 5:45 this morning, fed the dog and got dressed and am over with Miles..
    Not sneezy ,just feel worn out.. we are getting snow this afternoon..just 1-2 inches and turns to rain and thunderstorms afterwards.
    I have a drs appt at 2:45 about my meds and then home..
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in Alaska