Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finished the week with a good workout. I started with STS Disk 10/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I went as heavy as I could and was burning at the end. This end my monthly 2-a-week workouts with STS Meso 1 which I have been doing since February. Love STS, but I am not sorry to put Meso 1 on the shelf for awhile. :# Anyhow, I finished with one of my favorite Cathe Live workouts.....IMAX Live. I am still astounded she managed to not only make an IMAX workout I don't dread, but one that I actually really have fun with. Love it!

Tami, I can't believe it is time for your DH to be gone again! But September is flying by, so.......Will you be visiting him again this year? Hopefully he has no issues with fires. I am really surprised how I have taken to these Cathe Live workouts. I normally get annoyed by these types of workouts (with sometimes questionable camera work and the 'woo-woo' cheers and such), but the workouts are so good none of that bothers me. I was thinking earlier this week as I was contemplating signing up for the year how the workouts rate against her DVDs, I would say, without question, that the leg workouts and Kickboxing workouts are, by and large (in other words, mostly but not completely) better than her DVDs. For straight steady state non-Kickboxing cardio and upper body work, I prefer her DVDs. I haven't done enough of the Total Body strength workouts to make a comparison. But where Live really tops it is in the metabolic type workouts. So much more intense than anything she has on DVD (X10 being the closest comparison.....but not really too close) and so many options. And, like I mentioned before, she has a tendency to blend workouts styles into one workout more (like Kickboxing and HiiT or Kickboxing and Plyo Legs), so, for whatever reason, I feel like I get a more complete workout in 45 minutes than I do with the DVDs. So it really has changed the way I workout, and I like that. Anyhow......sorry I went off on that! Yay for Mexico! That should be fun. Hope to make a decision on Hawaii soon. But, boy, that would give me something to look forward to this winter!

Thelma, sounds like a good workout. I keep telling myself to check out KCM. I tried one of her workouts about 10 years ago and didn't click with it at all. But all of you enjoy her, and it makes me think I should give her another chance. Of course, the last thing I need right now is more workouts! B) Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,560 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. On Friday when I got home I could not keep my eyes open so I changed into workout clothes and went to bed. I woke up a couple of hours later with no desire to workout. I knew I wanted to workout but it had to be something gentle so I tried 2 of the Yoga Warrior 365 workouts. I really liked them. Loved Rudy Mettia! Good instructions and it seems like he is talking to you. He is also funny! did "The Mountain Warrior which is a standing yoga sequence" and half of Versatie Warrior workout. Very good stuff! On Saturday I did Body Project Boxing Abs cardio.

Laurel, great workout combo! Way to go!!!
    We all enjoy KCM for sure. The raw workouts in YouTube are a little different than her DVD's. That upper body workout I tried last week was pretty good. I had DOMS for days! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a good time at the car show, I didn't sleep very well. I really don't like hotel beds. On Sunday I was so tired that I just had to take a nap when we got home, so no workout for me. This morning I did KCM's 30MTF Body Design Bootcamp & Lower Body Premix. Loved that one too.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! I would love the kickboxing metabolic type workout. Hmm on an Imax that you like, I can't imagine that! :D Those are all such dread factors for me. Congrats on signing up for a year of Cathe, you are getting your $ worth by trying out those workouts everyday. I'm glad that I was patient with the knee also, I realized that I had to take it down to yoga when even walking was making it sore. ;) Cross our fingers that the rotation will get you ready for Hawaii, that will be so much fun to go to in Feb!

Tami, Nice that you could help out your DH with the fundraiser. Hope that your evening workout went okay! Nice that you are going to be going on vacation in Mexico!

Thelma, Great minds think alike. I really loved that upper body workout, it was different but challenging. That would be funny to have recorded him so you could fall asleep. Yes that is the only thing that I have to remember about these RAW workouts are the warm up and cool downs. One of the RAW workouts is around the 45 min. mark if I remember correctly. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the Yoga Warrior workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We spent another weekend with rental home improvements. :# I have mentioned a couple of times our need to winterize the house. While DH and I have been willing to tackle most of the issues of damage and neglect on the inside (paint, appliances, stained floor, leaking shower, broken taps, etc), when it comes to some of the outside structural issues, we have been trying to draw a line. As you know, we did all the rock work, and DH has done things like repair holes in the driveway, patch the siding, etc. But there are some big issues (roofing tiles falling off) and some smaller issues (damage to the garage door seals) that really should be taken care of by the property manager or landlord. The garage door issues were caused by previous tenants and neither DH nor I think we should be required to either invest in repairs or watch our $$$$$ fly out of the heated garage at -40 temps. In addition, both the front and back porches have boards that are rotting and the front porch has a railing that was literally falling off with rot.....all of which are safety issues in our book. So a couple of months ago, DH contacted the Property Manager with a long list. I think it took the landlord by surprise how bad the house had gotten. We had people come and do estimates (one recommended an entire replacement of the roof!) and then heard nothing. Long story short, we decided we either had to live with the issues or work out a compromise. We did the latter. DH volunteered us to do the work if the landlord paid for the parts (roof excluded!). They agreed. So this weekend was spent replacing boards on both porches, cleaning and waterproofing those. And completely building a new front porch railing, and getting that painted. We still have some work to do on one of the garage doors and some more painting to do, but it is much better and safer. Makes me shake my head in a climate like this to see such neglect.

To say the least, this house is exhausting me! :p I did skip my workouts on Saturday, per my usual. But I convinced myself to start my next to last week of LGI8 yesterday with STS Disc 35/Plyo Legs, followed by a repeat of Cathe's most recent Live workout, Sweat Blast. Today, I woke up even more tired, but got myself through a surprisingly good hour of STS Disc 34/Chest and Back, followed by High Reps Abs. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Power Step from a few years ago. This was like a 40 minute collection of some of her power blasts from past workouts, so little choreography and lots of sweat. I enjoyed it!

Thelma, sorry to hear about the Friday tired, but good job finding something that you wanted to do. Sounds like some good yoga! Hope this week is better for you.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the car show, though I understand about hotel beds. Great workout this morning. Yes, I am definitely getting my money's worth from Cathe Live. Thanks again for previewing it for all of us. I never would have signed up for it without your recommendation. It does sound like you took the best approach on your knee. Again, I love how you rehabbed it with yoga. Gives me so much to consider next time I get injured.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I haven't been able to check in yet today...... if I don't make it back today I will tomorrow. I was absolutely slammed all day today with files because I didn't come in yesterday. :neutral: Had a good workout Sat. with STS Total Body + S&S Abs and then we did our Breast Cancer Walk yesterday with the ladies from the office .... "Walkers for Knockers" again this year! LOL I might have to stay a little late so will probably head home and get my workout in afterwards.

I am here though and doing well. Glad you all had great weekends it looks like.

Tami
    p.s. It rained last night and most of today!!! WOOHOO :smile:
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! XT CBS w/u, HasFit Back & Biceps, Treadmill, Stretching for me tonight. OMG remember that house we fell in love with but went under contract? It's back on the market! I wish we had never gotten in this retirement mental hole we've gotten ourselves into. We can not stop talking about retiring and moving to NC.

Ladies, the two Yoga Warrior 365 workouts I did are available in YouTube. Here are the links (don't include the underscore at the beginning!) since we're going to be incorporating yoga into our next routine. I think the first one is something you do after a tough workout. Either that or you do both in one workout session.
    _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Wqej5h_Js
    _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNDDkizv6s

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the car show! I'm with you when it comes to hotel beds. You just have to get yourself super tired in order to sleep in those hotel beds. Like don't sleep the night before! LOL. I could've share that boring speakers recording with you for your hotel stays had I recorded him! LOL
    The RAW upper body was really challenging. I don't like it when trainers claim short workout duration times when they don't include warm up or cool down time. I think this is why people get hurt too because they simply don't take the time to warm up or cool down.

Laurel, OMG! That house has been seriously neglected. You guys just saved those people thousands of dollars in labor costs. WOW! They really should let you live there live rent free for a few months! You guys are awesome and you are AMAZING! I can't believe you still had the energy to workout the next day after all that hard labor! Great workouts!
    I think for some reason my body wanted a break from jumping and weight lifting. Those yoga workouts were gentle and doable.

Tami, great workouts and good job for doing the Breast Cancer walk! So happy you guys finally got some rain! YAAY!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did GHUTV Pilates Abs 1 & 2, that was about all the time I had to get something done. ;) This morning I did KCM RAW Boxing, and I used weighted gloves.

Laurel, That is to bad that the house has so many issues, but glad to hear that they are willing to give you the $$$ for material. You both are awesome to put all that muscle into another persons property. ;) Great job on your workouts, and that you are finding some great live workouts. The two workouts that Thelma posted above are really good, and will let you know what Rudy is like.

Tami, Nice that you had a moment to check in, and of course you are doing a great job with those workouts. Really happy to hear that you had constant rain, I'm going to hope that it will help even more with those fires. Hope the work load starts to settle down soon. Love the name of that walk.

Thelma, Great job on your workout! Oh my on the house coming back on the market! DH and I are only talking about retirement, not to the point that you both are at though. I slept okay the first night, but the second, I don't think I was as tired. I should have gotten on one of the exercise machines that where right next door to our room on that day, but we where busy with judging cars all day. I agree with you on the workouts that you expect to be a certain length. Just note that those RAW workouts don't have really great warm ups, except for maybe this boxing one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Back to a “normal” work day today so I am able to catch up with you ladies during my actual lunch break. Last night I went home and did ICE BootCamp and this a.m. was Pyramid Upper Body. I am not sure if I will go tonight or workout @ home. Bernie was actually in a spot in the yard anxiously awaiting for my arrival last night..... cute little guy. I could see him right when I turned down our street. Normally he hangs out on the back deck a lot so he must have really been looking for someone to come home. :blush:

Laurel: Outstanding job with your workouts! I can see why putting Meso 1 on the shelf for a bit is what you want to do. LOL Well the LIVE streaming for Metabolic alone sounds amazing. Thank you so much for the comparisons on that; I have been inspired to at least check it out from all of your raving reviews! I do like to plug & go however in the early a.m. more decisions would not be good. If you ever do decided to try one of KCM workouts I will give you short list of my favs! Just to help with that decision. Some of her older ones are not ones I re-visit much; newer ones I have a few that I love to do. I can’t believe it is time either for DH to be gone. HE even cxld his first week out due to the smoke. Going ok so far, with our improved air quality anyway; fishing is expected to be very slow this year. Fish counts are down by a lot. He has caught fish each day even if just 1 or 3, he is happy to be catching. Some guides are getting skunked every single day.

Laurie: I am happy to hear you had fun at your car show over the weekend! Sorry about the bad beds however, hard when you don’t sleep good and come back to start your work week with the tireds. Great job getting in your KCM Body Design BC & Lower Body Pre-Mix.

Thelma: Way to go on the workouts! Sounds like your enjoyed the KCM Raw Upper workout forsure and of course your HasFit workout too. Glad your allergies are doing better and eating is back on track. All of that helps so much on a day-today basis. Great job as well with trying out some new Yoga ….. maybe those would be something I would like to try, thank you for posting the clip from YouTube! I bet you both are wanting to buy that house so much right now. I am sure the talks of retiring and moving are non-stop with your dream house being available again.

Have a great afternoon!

Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with STS Disc 40/Squat Rack Legs. For whatever reason, where these Squat Rack workouts usually bore me to bits, I have really enjoyed them this rotation. I think Laurie made the point awhile back that may be because I am not doing them every week, which is probably true. But it felt great today. I followed it with a cardio mash-up since I couldn't decide what I felt like doing. So I started with Cathe Live Quick Fix cardio, which is a short, HiiT-ish type workout, then went into Cathe Live Cardio Boxing and Plyo Legs. It ended up being a really good 70 minute combo.

Thelma, oh my on that house being back on the market. It may be fate! :D But, seriously, I imagine your minds are consumed with it right now. I know I have stopped looking at 'dream' homes for now because we just aren't even close to being in a position to do that. And it was only serving to make me more frustrated with our current house situation. Thank you for your kind compliments to DH and I. The neighbors think we are nuts doing all this work, but DH and I are both the types of people that if we see something broken, we want to fix it. And we get the benefit of a better living environment too! Thanks for posting those yoga workouts. I am going to try one or both on Thursday since both you and Laurie recommend them.

Laurie, great workouts. Believe me, I was whining to DH this weekend about all the work on a rental, and he said I should look at it as 'practice'. We can mess up on all these things on somebody else's house so if we are ever in need to building another porch railing, as an example, we will do it better. Somehow.....that didn't help my mood. :) But I credit him for trying.

Tami, glad to hear things are more normal today. Yay for rain! Hopefully that helps with the fires. Bet it also made everything feel so much cleaner and fresher, especially after all that bad air for so long. I am sorry to hear about the fish situation, but I am happy your DH is having some luck. No fish for days on end would make for some long, frustrating days, no doubt. I hear you on too many workout decisions, especially early in the morning. I have taken (in complete geek fashion) to watching some of the Live workouts silently on my iPad while DH and I are watching TV in the evenings. I am not much of an avid TV viewer so it gives me chance to choose my next day's workouts. Of course DH often wonders why I have no clue what is happenig on the TV, but that's another story. :p Thanks for being willing to recommend some KCM workouts. I watch some clips and wouldn't even know where to start. I think I am going to hold off on getting anything new right now until I exhaust more of these Live workouts. Since I am committed for a year now, I want to get the most out of that commitment.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Not much time for a workout tonight so I just walked on the treadmill. Tonight we had a meeting with our financial advisor. We meet with him twice a year and this is our usual September visit. Needless to say it was about us retiring early. He has to crunch numbers but we both walked out of there with a more realistic view or where we are even before these new numbers are crunched. I think that if we worked at least 2 more years things would be better. DH still plans to get a job in NC. Before we left for our appointment I told DH that I didn't want to go anymore because I was afraid of what we'd hear. I'm glad we went because somebody needed to bring us back to reality. First order of business is for me to stop looking for our dream home. I've been afraid all this time that we were letting our emotions lead the way to retirement which is not a good approach. I don't even care anymore that the house we fell in love with is back on the market. Deep in my heart I knew that 2 more years was more ralistic. In fact my countdown to retirement is for 2 years!

Laurie, great workouts! I am going to try that RAW Boxing workout soon! It's important to have a retirement strategy. We've been preparing for a long time. Being tired is key to being able to sleep when you have to spend the night in a hotel.

Tami, glad you got to have a normal day! Great workouts and how sweet of Bernie to wait anxiously for your arrival! I hope the rain helped with those fires!
    Those youtube links are for full length yoga workouts. The retirement dream period has come to an end. At least the unrealistic phase has come to an end. We are going to continue dreaming but now have realistic dates.

Laurel, fabulous workouts today! Great job! We really have been consumed with everything retirement. It definitely has to stop but we just didn't know how. Today dose of reality was a good medicine!
    I'm with your neighbors on you guys being nuts but I understand your point. You need to feel good about the place you call home and you are making the best of your current situation. I can't wait to read your thoughts on the Yoga Warrior workouts.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work, just got home to late. This morning I did GHUTV Pure Strength, this is a metabolic weight training workout. Really fun! There will be no workout tonight, because I'm going to visit my dd to get my hair cut and colored. ;)

Tami, So nice that you had the welcome home from Bernie! I don't know what I would do without that greeting me everyday. :D Nice workouts, I love that ICE Bootcamp, and the Pyramid always gets those legs good. Glad to hear that your DH is catching fish even though the count is down. He knows where to put that boat for his clients. ;) It will be good for you to give advice on the KCM workouts, since I love all her workouts and wouldn't give good advice. :D

Laurel, Awesome workout combo! The boxing/plyo legs sounds like a winner. I am usually on my ipad or computer when the TV is on, unless it is something that I really want to watch. I'm still in my knitting faze, but in a way it is good, because I am keeping my hands busy. I'm not putting things in my mouth. I think that you will like KCM a lot, she has a very nice personality. I like her boxing workouts more than Cathe's to tell the truth. Having those house projects can be a blessing for our DH's. I know that having that deck this summer kept my DH busy, and it was a great stress reliever for him.

Thelma, Getting on your treadmill is awesome. I should do that with our elliptical when I can after work. We have to get with our financial adviser soon, because I have to make some decisions on a pension. ;) 2 years really isn't that long! :) I did the Boxing workout with my weighted gloves, and I did pick up weights and follow Kelly when her brother was resting.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today marked the end of the STS portion of this current rotation. I am not nearly as happy putting Meso 3 back on the shelf as I was Meso 1 last week. :) In fact, I spent a good part of the workout trying to convince myself I really want to do Slow and Heavy instead of Meso 3 for that fourth month in our next rotation. Since I haven't shared my fourth month with you all, you can probably guess I haven't quite convinced myself yet. B) I am trying to stick with one program or at least one workout (as with the Circuit month) throughout all four weeks as a point of reference for progression. While I love Slow and Heavy, I know four weeks of it can get tiresome. But........I love it and it has been forever since I have used it for any time more than a week. So I am still leaning towards S&H, but....... :p

Anyhow, today's workout started with Meso 3, Disc 36/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I went as heavy as I could and felt great. I have definitely gained strength with this LGI8 rotation. I followed it with STS Med Ball Abs. For cardio, I did Cathe Live High Intensity Cardio Step, which, like the one I did Monday, is no choreography but, instead, a series of blasts. It was surprisingly tough!

Thelma, I am glad you got some clarity from your Financial Advisor. As Laurie said, two years is not that long and, hopefully, having a clear plan and date will help both you and your DH in your work situations, knowing that it is not forever. There will be other ideal homes out there when you start looking again, no doubt. If there is one thing this bizarre move to Alaska has thought me it is patience. We were so anxious to have a home of our own when DH retired from the military that we probably did not make the best choices (especially in terms of DH's job), and this is the result. Trust me, we have both learned to slow down and really weigh decisions, and that is what it sounds like you got from last night. It is probably disappointing right now but in the end, I think it will pay off. At least that is what I keep telling myself.......as it gets colder and darker....... :D

Laurie, hope you enjoy your time with your DD tonight. Sounds like a good workout this morning. I am going to pretend you didn't mention anything about KCM's kickboxing workouts! ;) I share your love of kickboxing and have always wanted a little more from Cathe's KB workouts. But, oh my, I do not need more workouts!! But if you have any specific recommendations.... >:) . Yes, DH is happiest when he is, as he puts it, fixing stuff. That is one of the reasons he is enjoying this job so much. He loves figuring out ways to make things work......and he is good at it. And I actually like the work itself, too (the figuring out thing I am not very good at). So I think next time we buy a house, we need to make sure we buy one that allows DH lots of projects. Our last one didn't, so between that and his job......he was downright bored. Idle minds and bodies had him looking for jobs.....and we know what happened next! :o:D

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout yet today, headed to Spinning tonight after work. We have been getting rain off & on all week, which is so great. It pours down hard and then stops, so just lots of different systems coming in and out. Supposed to be nice this weekend though …. Just in time to mow the lawn again. LOL

Laurel: Fantastic job with SR Legs. It has been a very long time since I have done one of those workouts due to the bore factor. Glad to hear they have been more enjoyable. Another great combo with Cathe Live workouts as well. Excellent job finishing up with STS altogether as of today! Happy to hear you have gained strength! Always a good thing. Yes, the rain has definitely made things feel clean and fresh; especially helping with the air. Will be nice to see what the weekend brings with some blue skies and 70’s … if that stays true.

Thelma: Sorry to hear the dream is put a little bit into the future …. Not gone, just a little longer. It WILL happen for you guys though. So keep your eye on the prize! Way to get in a walk on the treadmill.

Laurie: Sounds like your Pure Strength workout this a.m. was a good one, glad it was fun! What a fun evening and time with your DD. Enjoy that. I just loved seeing his little face perk up when he saw me. Last night it was raining pretty good so he waited in the back for my arrival. Yes, fingers crossed that he can continue catching. Makes the days a little easier because he is pretty hard on himself if he doesn’t. Can’t control what the fish do I tell him, but he doesn’t ever want his clients to think he isn’t trying. (If you ever saw him in a boat you would have no doubt), which they don’t either I tell him.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    HI ladies, no workout tonight. I forgot to tell you that today is our 14th wedding anniversary. We made dinner and will go to Boston for dinner on Saturday. I was feeling very depressed today and actually cried on my way home. I always say that God makes things happen for a reason. The house we loved going under contract right before we saw it. That was God''s way to prevent us ftom making an impulse purchase. Deep in my heart I knew I would have to work till I'm 55 or even 56. The problem was that we allowed ourselves to dream too much. Of course DH kept assuring me that the dream was possible didn't help! Lol.
    I told him from now lets wotk on making our retirement dream a reality.
    My laptop died overnight so I won't be writing much. I apologize for mega typos and spell check auto corrections

Laurie, that pure strength workout sounds good. I know 2 years isn't long but right now it feels like an eternity. Have fun getting pampered by your dd. Definitely meet with your financial advisor.j

Laurel, fabulous combo! We really got ourselves all excited about returning nextra year. I kept telling DH I'm afraid we're thinking with our hearts instead of our minds. There is a lot go think about when thinking about retiring. Who knows n as y be NC isn't the place!

Tami, glad you'regetting more rain. I know the dream is just on hold for now.

Thanks Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a wonderful time with my dd, and I always let her do her thing coloring my hair. She put in some random red streaks in my hair. It really looks nice. Then I said have fun with the hair, but leave the back the way it is. She is really good at her job, and she is now looking to go to a different salon. She is in a smaller city, so will be looking at something with more traffic. Can't blame her. This morning I did GHUTV Walk & Sculpt, which is 5 min. of walking 5 min. of weight work. This is another metabolic type workout, but more cardio since the heaviest weight I used was 10lb.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts! I feel for you, having to put Meso 3 on the shelf. That really is one of the best heavy workouts around. I agree with you that SH can get boring, but it really is a different way of lifting. ;) Like you I have not done that series in quite a while, so I will probably use that one also. Your DH and mine sound a lot alike. I just made the suggestion about the deck being in that location, and all of a sudden DH is giving me designs to look at. He just loves to use Autocad. :D I think that next year is going to be the shed that we really need, so that he can get some of the misc. equipment out of his garage. When you are ready to try KCM out, just let me know. If you can, try out her RAW 888 workout on youtube, it gives you a really good indication of what Kelly is like. It would be a good workout to add onto another HiiT type workout.

Tami, Hope that you had a great spin class. So happy to hear that you are getting rain. We are suppose to have temps in the 90's today, and all weekend. Guess that we didn't receive those hot temps in August, so Sept has decided that it will be hot. It will give me a chance to get out and clean up the walnuts that are finished dropping from the trees.

Thelma, Happy Anniversary! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bout of depression. You are right, we need to remember that God's plan for us may not be what we want or expect. It always seems to work out in the end though. Sending you some hugs via social media. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a fun workout today. I wanted all cardio and moderate....and long. So I did two Cathe Live workouts (both repeats for me). I started with High Energy Kickboxing, right into Cathe's Birthday Blast (which is Kickboxing, HiiT and Hi/Lo). Felt great. Then I did Yoga Warrior 365/Standing Yoga (one of the videos Thelma posted above). I loved it! Thelma said it would be good after a tough workout, and it was a perfect long stretch today. I also liked Rudy. Laurie, I remember you saying that he holds poses but not too long, and I was thinking to myself throughout the routine that I really liked the pace. Will definitely be doing his longer yoga sessions on YouTube for Yoga Saturday this winter to get a better feel of his other workouts. Good stuff!

Thelma, I am sorry about the sadness and disappointment. I wish I could give you a hug. Trust me.....I feel your pain. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have felt almost utter despair over the past five months since this move to Alaska has set us (in my mind) so much further away from that dream of a home and feeling settled. But, as you say, there is a purpose for everything, and I do believe that. That doesn't take away the disappointment, of course. But it does make it easier to get to the other side of it. Again, thanks for posting those YouTube videos. I really enjoyed the one I did today.

Laurie, sounds like a fun time with your daughter. I love that she and you are both comfortable with experimenting with your hair. I'm glad you mentioned I would get a good taste of what Rudy is like in those videos. I really liked him! A good blend of serious and funny, and really clear instruction. Thank you, also, for the recommendation of a KCM workout I can try with out a purchase. I will definitely give that a try to see if I click better with her than I did the first time I tried one of her workouts. Sounds like another good workout this morning! It does sound like our DH's are similar!! As you know, I have been planning all types of winter projects, because we will be spending way more time indoors on weekends than we have in years. And since we live in North Pole, Alaska, I have lots of plans for Christmas decorations. :) One night this summer DH and I were sipping wine on the front porch, and I casually (and somewhat jokingly) suggested that, as a winter project for him, he build a Santa sleigh to put on the front porch for Christmas. Next thing I know, he had searched for plans on the internet and we were at Lowe's buying lumber and paint and supplies..... :o !!!! I have NO clue what I am going to do with a sleigh when it isn't Christmas, but seeing him excited to build something is worth it! Next time I might suggest something more useful though. :p

Tami, I bet that rain has been wonderful! But blue skies and 70s sound perfect!! It is so hard for me to remember today is the last day of summer. Our high yesterday was 48! We are supposed to be back up to the high 50s over the weekend but.....definitely not summer anymore. Hope your DH's back is holding up on this fishing trip. Hope the Spin class was good last night!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Fun Spin class last night. When they are fuller it is always really good energy. She has changed it up the last couple times and has made for just an all around good class. High Reps was today’s workout. Will head home after work and maybe get something in this evening.

Thelma: I am so sorry you were feeling teary …. Life kind of has a tendency to do that sometimes. Especially when we are hoping or wanting something and realize it is not the right time. I understand how you were feeling forsure.

Laurie: Sounds like a wonderful time with your DD and so glad she is loving her new career! My BFF just recently moved salon’s; they built a new one I should say and the traffic is entirely different. She gets walk-ins all the time now. She loves it. Great job with Walk & Sculpt this a.m. Our weather is supposed to get back into the 70’s this weekend but it is only like 54 degrees today. Feels like Fall forsure.

Laurel: Fantastic job as always with your amazing workouts! Good to know on that Yoga workout. I would like a faster pace style. Which is why I like the Jillian M Yoga and Bob Harber. Thanks for asking about DH’s back. So far so good …. The other day he had to help a guy up that had fallen on the slick river rocks however and even for a “good back” person that is an awkward lifting motion. He iced and heated that night and is hanging in there. So that is good.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did HasFit Legs, walking on treadmill, stretching. I'm in a MUCH better place today. Poor DH doesn't want to disappoint me so keeps telling me he wants me to retire next year. I told him today that I appreciate him saying that but I asked him to stop telling me that because it doesn't help me mentally to want to keep working. I told him every day worked helps our retirement fund grow and the bigger the fund the better off we will be. I told him that I would rather know where can could cut back in spending so we can save more. Of course now that I'm on this savings kick my laptop dies!
    I was scheduled to take tomorrow off but decided to work because I have to much work. Will save the day for another time. At least I will be working from home. I do have next Friday off.
    We had a very cool windy and cool day. It was in the low 70's but it was a cold wind so it felt cold.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad you had a great time with your DD and that you're happy with her work! She really sounds like a good hair stylist. I hope she finds a new job soon.
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes and the virtual hugs!

Laurel, awesome workouts! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Yoga Warrior workout! I really loved Rudy. I felt he was talking to me. I love the way he looks right into the camera. BTW, I bought the Yoga Warrior 365 program on eBay for $50 if you're interested. Brand new too.
    Boy Laurel, I'm sorry this move to Alaska has been so hard. I know it was a big sacrifice for you to give up the life you had in FL which you were loving so much.
    It was a bit of a crush realizing that all these years I've been thinking (been assured) I would be able to retire at 54. I don't feel that is the right thing to do if DH has to keep working longer while I'm a stay at home wife when I have a good job. So I will continue with my manual countdown and will cross a day out on the calendar for every day worked that takes me closer to retirement. That kind of feels good. :smiley:
    How nice of your DH to build you the sleigh! I wonder if you can put plants on it during the warmer months?

Tami, great workouts! Glad you enjoyed your spinning class and that your DH's back is doing well! Were the fires put out yet?
    I was just feeling sorry for myself yesterday. I hope the time will fly by. It seems to do that anyway as we get older. Can you believe we're already on the second half of September? Pretty soon November will be here and my aunts will be here for their annual visit.

Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies and happy first day of fall,

This mornings workout was GHUTV Kettlebells, really do LOVE this one. It gets into that thutt area really well. I will have to remember to incorporate kb's into our rotation, just because I enjoy the different movements. I'm hoping that I can get the motivation to do some type of after work exercise next week. ;)

Laurel, Your workouts sound like fun! I think she does some interesting costumes around Halloween too. I'm so glad that you tried out the Yoga Warrior workout. I really loved the whole YW 365 set, he is like that with all the workouts. There is one workout called Gentle Warrior that is all stretching, he has a fast paced one too that I don't remember the name. I just like that he doesn't do crazy poses, but if someone in the class can do them, he lets them. One of the workouts in KCM's RAW ends horribly. Her battery runs out on her ipad, so you are in the middle of the last move and it goes black. That is in the Hips & Glutes workout, but the workout is still solid for lower body work. Yep our DH's are really similar when it comes to projects. So now you will have to think of a project that you need for the house. I love that he made a sleigh for Christmas. ;)

Tami, Nice that the spin class was high energy, makes for a better workout. Great job with the high reps too. Well hopefully these high temps get back to normal after this weekend, I really don't enjoy the humidity. :D That is what DD is hoping for, she doesn't like being idle at work. Glad to hear that your DH's back is doing okay, hopefully he didn't do to much helping with the person slipping.

Thelma, I love that your DH is wanting to make you happy, but you are right, it probably is best if he stops entertaining the thought that you could retire in a year. Great job with the leg workout, and getting on the treadmill.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I enjoyed a fun, lower intensity workout today. I started with Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets. I love how this workout just flies by. So good. I followed it with S&S Core. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Get Stepping from a few weeks ago, which is like Party Rockin' Step 1, but slower and easier. A nice way to end a tough week of workouts. :)

Tami, glad to hear the spin class was good. Wow, you got cold down there fast! I certainly hope your temps get back up for the weekend. Glad to hear your DH's back is doing okay. I imagine he was a little concerned having to help that guy up. As you said, that is awkward for anybody.

Thelma, great workouts. Glad to hear you are doing better. I definitely think you have the best mental approach over the next two years. I know it helps me to have a deadline or a goal. I can get through just about anything as long as I have a view forward. I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary!! I'm so sorry! Hope you enjoy your dinner in Boston this weekend! Happy Anniversary!

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. It has been forever since I have done a kettlebell workout, but they really are good for targeting that tough 'thutt' region, for sure. Thanks for the head's up on the RAW workouts. I know you have mentioned they have less-than-ideal production so I will be prepared. I have a long list of Christmas projects.....that I started in June! :) Don't know that I will get any done for this year, but I am enjoying doing them. Right now I am cross-stitching a tree skirt and crocheting a blanket. I have also started making a stocking and have some parts to a village we have that need painted. DH is being very patient with me. :D But, as I said, when you live in North Pole, a town decorated for Christmas year round, it just kind of makes sense to go all out!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel