Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Leaving work now. To run in what *might* be classified as shi-tastic weather. *might*
  • TORtheCarrot
    Options
    I joined this site today, I turned 23 yesterday and my sister uses this site so I thought I'd join the November challenge too.

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job Emmy!! You ladies look great with those double digits that say how much you've lost.

I need to kick my butt in gear and stick to my plan cause I am only hurting myself. Yesterday was one of those days that I was hating that fact that I had to count everything that went in my mouth. But I was up early this morning due to the time change so I managed to make some of Meag's pumpkin oatmeal.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Pumpkin oatmeal??? Sounds yummy!! Is the recipe on this thread somewhere??? If not, would you mind posting it??? Thanks:wink:
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just noticed question of the day- good thinking Aly!!!

I keep myself on plan by visualising myself in size 12 (uk size) skinny jeans with a tiny butt and waist!!! I cannot wait to get there so that keeps me on track if I'm craving a little chocolate, or not feeling my workout!!

xxxx

I just bought myself my first pair of skinny jeans AND a pair of Uggs as a reward while I was in New York...let me say I think I look darn hot!!!! You'll get there!!! Maybe even buy the jeans and hang them up in your room so you can really visualize them!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am not exactly sure how Meag makes it but I used 1/2 cup old fashioned oats and cooked it according to the package. Then added 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin. And then sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg. I think I will cut back on the pumpkin a little next time. And it could have been a little sweeter for me but I am pretty sure that I will be making it again. Came out to 170 calories.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    katt - that sounds like a good change. I loved frappucinos!! My norm was a grande caramel frappucino with extra caramel. And then I slowly went to a caramel light. Once I went to the light, I couldn't stand all of the sugar in the regular one. I eventually moved on to a skinny vanilla latte....which has surprisingly done the trick for me. When I occasionally order a caramel light frap, its just not the same and feel that I've wasted my money and calories.

One thing I have learned is to never finish something if I am literally forcing it down my throat.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    OMG!! this site is speedy!!! LOL

everyone is doing such a great job!! very impressive!!! still 2 days left to my weigh-in!!! hoping for big numbers!! :)

keep up the good work everyone!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Emmy - glad you enjoyed your badge. I wish I could have gotten it to work in the post tho :-)

I have more to update- for one I just set a personal achievement for distance- 4.5 miles. And I completed it in under an hour so WIN. But now my stomach is a little weird...and I have some homework, which is contradicting the amount of sleepy I am. So I'm going to have a couple of milano cookies and hit the hay early.

Buut, my super acheivement was this- an EVENING weigh in of ... 159!!!! EEEEEEE!! The 150's! I havent seen you since I was 15!

HAve agood one everybody. Better, more useful update coming soon.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I went for a run tonight after not working out for 7 days!!! It was awesome! 4.7 mile run, I feel great about my half marathon tomorrow. Today I actually stayed completely to my food plan and I wasn't hungry at all! I guess the supplements are helping. Great job Meggon!!! I can't wait to see the 150's! You earned it! Everyone Make sure you drink enough water after a workout. They say you should actually weight yourself before and after along workout and make sure you drink that amount in water! I am working on my water right now. Have a great night everyone! I am thinking of the QOTD for tomorrow!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Did a good workout today, ate well. Now I'm home from work and I just want to eat everything. I'm hungry! Honestly. But I can't and stay in my calories. UGH. Like, I would seriously eat a meal. My husband is stuck at work late, so it's even more tempting just to go crazy because no one would see me. :devil:

QOTD - Workout partner. So much easier to stay on track if you are held accountable by someone else. Also, not buying things I tend to overeat and keeping cut up veggies available when I feel like snacking. And of course - talking to all of you!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update from my trip.... Wish I could address each and every one of you individually but I literally have ONE minute lol!

Miss this thread loads. Having some hard food choices but I know that I deserve it and I am trying not to guilt myself too much. Avoid stuff when I can. Eat lots of healthy snacks and try to have oatmeal every morning for breakfast. Boyfriend and I went running this morning for 40 mins. That was a good thing :)

Looks ilke everyones doing fairly well but I can't wait to really catch up. I know there were some food questions that I am dying to address... Meag's pumpkin oatmeal. OMG. To die for:

1/3 cup old fashioned oats + 2/3 cup water
    1 min (stir) + 30 seconds in the microwave
    1/3 cup pumpkin puree
    cinnamon + pumpkin spice to taste (sweetner/sugar if desired)
    1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup drizzled over top
    Amazing!

Miss you guys tons!!
    :heart:
    Meag
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone.. today was weigh-in day and i'm down 3 lbs, officially bringing me to the 30lbs lost mark! just about half-way to goal! i def agree with Emmy in saying that this thread helps keep me motivated. i usually check in at night when work is slow, and wow do i have a lot to catch up on by then. i love how active the dialogue gets!
    thanks finn for the advice with the eye. so far everything's been normal, but i'll be taking it easy and keeping watch..
    today was recovery day, with no work out, and while it was nice, i felt like such a lazy bum. all i did was sleep and catch up on the shows i missed last night. work has been so stressful lately due to people being on vacay, and at the same time people being out sick, while no one wants to pick up the slack and come in and cover. this is the worst thing about working night shift. i know i certainly dont want to come in when i'm not scheduled! hope everyone has great wigh-ins!
  • kattungen
    Options
    katt - that sounds like a good change. I loved frappucinos!! My norm was a grande caramel frappucino with extra caramel. And then I slowly went to a caramel light. Once I went to the light, I couldn't stand all of the sugar in the regular one. I eventually moved on to a skinny vanilla latte....which has surprisingly done the trick for me. When I occasionally order a caramel light frap, its just not the same and feel that I've wasted my money and calories.

One thing I have learned is to never finish something if I am literally forcing it down my throat.

In Norway there's no such thing as "light" when it comes to coffee standards, but I always ask for my coffee (no matter what kind) with the 1,5% milk :) I can't finish a whole "normal" (4 dl) frappuchino, as it's too much sugar for me :p

Way to go on switching to skinny vanilla latte! I'll have to try that the next time I'm around a Sbux, probably in March sometime ;)
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Every time I get on this thread I am surprised by how fast it's going!!! I really need to be better at catching up - but so glad to be a part of it with you ladies!! :bigsmile:

1) Pumpkin Puree is now officially added to my grocery list. Yum.

2) Way to go, Gonks!!! I'm soooo close to the 150s so I know what an achievement that is. Way to kick some *kitten*!!

3) Roobean, I know exactly how you feel. I kinda go through phases of being hungry all the time and not really that hungry at all. These past few weeks, I have been HUNGRY!!! The advice I got really worked for me (when I have the mindset to follow it). I find protein makes me full - so I try to eat a lot of protein throughout the day, esp for dinner. But if it's late at night and I feel like I've gotta eat something, then I eat something - but something healthy and low cal. *** Try making yourself some tea first, especially mint tea (which I'm out of, AGAIN!) is good for curbing my appetite. Or grab some veggies to munch on - I have a go-to bag of baby carrots. Or have a little bit of yogurt. Usually that is enough to fill me up and make me feel satisfied. Hope that helps :happy:

My updates/confessions: Just came off of homecoming weekend, which was a lot of food and drinking that I did not need. Seriously! I haven't finished a half a pizza in FOREVER - felt so gross afterward. Did manage to accompany my friends to a late night diner and not eat anything (well, except a bite of someone else's pancake) - so that was a point for willpower! Could not workout yesterday, which is putting my whole week into catchup mode. I don't get home until around 9 tonight, but I think that I will try following an online yoga video, just to get myself into gear. Weigh in day's on Thursday!!!

QOTD (well, from yesterday!) When I feel like I want to eat something but don't know what, I am going to stick some veggies in the oven with olive oil and spices and guiltlessly eat my heart out!!! Tried it yesterday and LOVED it!

My inspiration:::: I really need new jeans, and when I buy new ones, I want them to be a size 10. Planning on going shopping after Thanksgiving, maybe not Black Friday b/c I've never done that before and probably never ever want to!!

Cheers, Ladies!!
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Whoops, I said my Half Marathon was today haha. I meant to say that it is this Sunday.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure I like the thought of having anything with pumpkin, though I’ve never tried anything pumpkin before, but since so many of you like it I’m definitely going to give it a try.

TORthecarrort – welcome to the group & good luck for your goals!!

meggon – You are doing really well. Congratulations on your run & reaching the 150s!! I’m trying hard to get out of the 150s since 2 weeks :) hopefully, by next Monday I will be in 140s.

Aly – Congratulations to you too for the run :) and Good luck for the Half Marathon!!

allie – the loss is awesome...keep up the great work!!

stuartme – I like you advice but I’m always so lazy to even make tea that I end up eating whatever I feel like when I’m hungry. But I’ll definitely keep it in mind next time & have a stronger will power.

I only lost 0.5 lb this week and have 4 more to lose in 2 weeks. I kept a low goal this month but November is such a difficult month….birthdays & festivals!! Anyway, I’m going to try & try & try & try & I have to succeed. Seeing all of you do so well, I’m determined now.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    stuartme – I like you advice but I’m always so lazy to even make tea that I end up eating whatever I feel like when I’m hungry. But I’ll definitely keep it in mind next time & have a stronger will power.

Tell me about it! Tea is so easy to make, yet it's even easier to reach for a bag of potato chips (my downfall). But it's always worth it once I do make it :)
  • Roobean33
    Options
    :[/quote] Roobean, I know exactly how you feel. I kinda go through phases of being hungry all the time and not really that hungry at all. These past few weeks, I have been HUNGRY!!! The advice I got really worked for me (when I have the mindset to follow it). I find protein makes me full - so I try to eat a lot of protein throughout the day, esp for dinner. But if it's late at night and I feel like I've gotta eat something, then I eat something - but something healthy and low cal. *** Try making yourself some tea first, especially mint tea (which I'm out of, AGAIN!) is good for curbing my appetite. Or grab some veggies to munch on - I have a go-to bag of baby carrots. Or have a little bit of yogurt. Usually that is enough to fill me up and make me feel satisfied. Hope that helps :happy :[/quote]

Stuartme- Thanks for the advice! I actually drink hot tea, but I've never had mint, so I'm gonna try that. I think I'm learning as I go because yesterday I ate so many of my calories earlier in the day because I was so hungry and then had very little to work with that evening (basically set myself up for failure). I didn't eat anything last night, but I had 2 big glasses of diet soda :ohwell: Planning to do better in the future!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    :
    Roobean, I know exactly how you feel. I kinda go through phases of being hungry all the time and not really that hungry at all. These past few weeks, I have been HUNGRY!!! The advice I got really worked for me (when I have the mindset to follow it). I find protein makes me full - so I try to eat a lot of protein throughout the day, esp for dinner. But if it's late at night and I feel like I've gotta eat something, then I eat something - but something healthy and low cal. *** Try making yourself some tea first, especially mint tea (which I'm out of, AGAIN!) is good for curbing my appetite. Or grab some veggies to munch on - I have a go-to bag of baby carrots. Or have a little bit of yogurt. Usually that is enough to fill me up and make me feel satisfied. Hope that helps :happy :[/quote]
    [/quote]

Stuartme- Thanks for the advice! I actually drink hot tea, but I've never had mint, so I'm gonna try that. I think I'm learning as I go because yesterday I ate so many of my calories earlier in the day because I was so hungry and then had very little to work with that evening (basically set myself up for failure). I didn't eat anything last night, but I had 2 big glasses of diet soda :ohwell: Planning to do better in the future!
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Spellbinder- .5 is nothing to shake a stick at. I was having soo many weeks where I would have dreamed to even hit .5 a week. That is a healthy weight loss, keep that in mind. The closer we are to our goal the harder it is!

Good morning peeps! I had a Tempeh scramble for breakfast this morning and it was totally doable. It was supposed to be broccoli, avo, and almond for breakfast today but I wanted to try out my tempeh. I like it soo much better than tofu, and it is healthier. I am feeling good about my food choices, and even though I had a beer last night I think that is ok since I didn't eat anything else extra off my food plan.

Question of the Day:
    What new food or menu items have you found works well in your program? Care to share how you make it it?

- I would have to say Veggie/chicken stir frys are my ultimate favorite right now. I mix whatever veggies I have around (last night it was snap peas, carrots, bell pepper) with some already cooked chicken. Then add some soy sauce, some sweet and hot chili sauce. Stir fry for a few minutes and your good! Soo yummy! I eat this at least 2 or 3 times a week.