Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

I freaking love this.

Me too. How about taking her to the DIY store and every time buying an item towards a long term project. Or if you know about cars teaching her some mechanics.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    I once shot a man

Hmm. A man in Reno? Was it just to watch him die?

• tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

How old is she and what kinds of things does she like? (sorry if you've already answered this; I'm a page or 2 behind on this thread)

No worries. She's only 4 months, so I've got some time to think of something. I just want to make sure I don't wait too long.

Maybe she can be your buddy whenever there's a home improvement store run?
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.

I laughed so hard at this, the dogs came over with concerned looks on their faces.

I've eaten premade frosting out of the jar before. I also eat cookie butter out of the jar. In fact, that's how 1.5 jars of cookie butter got consumed in this house... all but the 1/2 jar I used in a recipe.

What is cookie butter? BTW - great profile photo!

Imagine if peanut butter was made with ground up cookies instead. Now wipe the drool off your chin :D

where do you get that?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you in the US? Even Wal-Mart now has Biscoff spread in the peanut butter section:

biscoff.jpg

No, I am in Canada..... :'(

Thank your lucky stars we don't have that stuff here!!!!

Wish there was a like button! I am also glad it is not available in Canada. Also, I love Jif peanut butter and it is no longer available in Canada...a great thing, since I can easily say no to any other brand.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some cute gym guys the other day and nearly fell off the elliptical =(
    This made me smile! I could see this in a movie:)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

I freaking love this.

Me too. How about taking her to the DIY store and every time buying an item towards a long term project. Or if you know about cars teaching her some mechanics.

I love it too. My dad took me and my brother fishing in the summer & skating in the winter. Loved doing both :)
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I sometimes save calories so I can drink a whole bottle of wine :s

It's already open, right?!

I scanned the barcode on a bottle of wine last week. It came up "serving size- 1/2 bottle", so I drank 1/2 the bottle.

I always make allowance for wine on Friday and Saturday.
    And I love your thinking Ceci_O_K!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I freaking love this.

I like the idea of a long term project. I've got next to no knowledge on cars, but I do have several friends who can build one with their eyes closed. I've been thinking I might get a beat-to-*kitten* muscle car and have her rebuild it with me, then give it to her when she gets a driver's license. The only problem is that it's not something we can start until she's a older.

Someone else mentioned model rockets, and that's a great idea. I'd love to foster some interest in STEM as they are typicaly male-dominated fields. Rocketry is something we could do early on, too.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I freaking love this.

I like the idea of a long term project. I've got next to no knowledge on cars, but I do have several friends who can build one with their eyes closed. I've been thinking I might get a beat-to-*kitten* muscle car and have her rebuild it with me, then give it to her when she gets a driver's license. The only problem is that it's not something we can start until she's a older.

Someone else mentioned model rockets, and that's a great idea. I'd love to foster some interest in STEM as they are typicaly male-dominated fields. Rocketry is something we could do early on, too.

My dad and I built model rockets, took fishing trips, did float trips down a local river, and always rode bikes or rollerbladed every Sunday. (We did a whole buncha stuff--especially every backyard sport possible--and he coached a bunch of my church league sports teams, but those were "our things".)

Now we don't live in the same state, but we set up equivalent bike routes on Strava and compete. He usually wins. :)

ETA: My confession is that my dad is far cooler in one minute than I will ever be over the course of my whole life.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...

But if someone is complaining that they are doing EVERYTHING, and they are not losing or are gaining weight, the best thing to do is get a realistic idea of what they are actually consuming in calories. Most people get a real wake up call. It's the easiest answer for a frequently asked question.

I don't think that situation is the problem. The issue is really people who have to weigh every single thing they eat AND think everyone else should too. It's a good learning method if you are stalled with your weight loss, and yeah, there's a scale in my kitchen for times when eyeballing really isn't going to work but you shouldn't try to weigh everything the rest of your life. It's bound for failure, long-term.

Insert thumbs up emoticon here.
  • sydneyypaigee
    sydneyypaigee Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I judge the workouts that I see other people do at the gym. Not because I hate what they are doing, but because I want to see them actually work for it. I saw this girl doing weighted squats, and I wanted to tell her to go lower or to put on more weights. She made it look easy.
    But then there's that guy that comes in and does really weird workouts, and they don't look like they are beneficial, but everyone's body is different.
    I guess I want to try and push people harder at the gym, but I hate talking to other people.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Remember how Dustin Hoffman in the movie Rain Man could recall stuff from the phone book?

I'm like that with 90's music.

I think that's awesome!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I want to scream at the people on the treadmills at the gym to stop holding the bar because it burns less calories when you do...
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to scream at the people on the treadmills at the gym to stop holding the bar because it burns less calories when you do...

Admit it: You just want to see the clumsy ones (like me) go flying off the thing and into the wall! ;)
  • tincanonastring
    Options

You're just hoping they fall and get ejected off the back. No judgement; I like watching people fall, too.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

Admit it: You just want to see the clumsy ones (like me) go flying off the thing and into the wall! ;)

Jinx!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options

Jinx!

Heh. I suspect we should both get off MFP and have a life. But brrr, so cold outside!
  • jessmm1229
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have the same problem!! I completely understand.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »

Hmm. A man in Reno? Was it just to watch him die?

Thank you!! I had the same thought, but I figured I was the only one that would get it.