I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so question- cookie dough as lunch is off limits- but what about a special sunday number from Friendly's- I mean Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter is got all the macros- carbs, fat and protein... does that mean it's okay to have "just' for lunch.

And when/where can I pay my dues for the ACEC?

I'm not a member, but the proxy treasurer - I will PM you with a PO Box to mail your check. Your membership card and your starter kit (which includes a bag of Pop Rocks, a plush stuffed animal of the mascot (an adorable honey badger with an ACEC headband), and a highly varnished oak flogging paddle) will be shipped shortly thereafter.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I was suggesting that the OP THOUGHT she was posting an exaggeration. I don't imagine she actually has a friend who logged a whole meal of cookie dough. I do imagine she was fliply implying that she doesn't want to look to someone for motivation who eats nothing but empty calorie crap for every meal even if they are within their calorie goal. And, maybe I'm just trying to see the good in people when I infer meaning . . . Who the heck knows? But, at this point, the straw man is well and truly built. Let's do continue to whack away!! It's such fun.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Whittedo wrote: »
    I am a clean eater. I shower everyday and wash my hands before every meal. To the cookie dough and pizza bingers who justify their behaviour by "keeping within their calorie goal" I ask a simple question: How long do you think that I would live if all I ate was 1.5 cups of white sugar everyday? It is exactly my calorie requirement so I have to assume from some of the posts here that it would be perfectly acceptable.

And here we go. When in doubt you'll win an argument with sense, let's throw out some extreme nonsense to try to prove the point.

He's just better at using an exaggeration that actually came across as the exaggeration it was intended to be . . . . IMHO . . . .

I would never eat cookie dough as a whole meal. I'm NOT judging ANYONE else if they do. But, when I saw the OP, I took it as an exaggeration because it was not in my frame of reference, and I didn't know of anyone who does that. I'm guessing it wasn't in her frame of reference either. (I said I was GUESSING). Little did she know other people do this and think it's fan frickin' tastic and get their undies twisted if you bring it up and talk about it like it's a weird thing.

And before coffeechugger, or whoever that was, decides to go all personal again. No, I didn't fall off the wagon because I deprived myself . . . . of anything. LOL!

Sheesh, I said "with all due respect . . . . . "

Bless your heart.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I was suggesting that the OP THOUGHT she was posting an exaggeration. I don't imagine she actually has a friend who logged a whole meal of cookie dough. I do imagine she was fliply implying that she doesn't want to look to someone for motivation who eats nothing but empty calorie crap for every meal even if they are within their calorie goal. And, maybe I'm just trying to see the good in people when I infer meaning . . . Who the heck knows? But, at this point, the straw man is well and truly built. Let's do continue to whack away!! It's such fun.

So to take the OP at her word that she observed (and judged) a friend eating cookie dough for a meal is the straw man in this thread? Are you sure you aren't letting your bias cloud your interpretation maybe just a little?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Whittedo wrote: »
    I am a clean eater. I shower everyday and wash my hands before every meal. To the cookie dough and pizza bingers who justify their behaviour by "keeping within their calorie goal" I ask a simple question: How long do you think that I would live if all I ate was 1.5 cups of white sugar everyday? It is exactly my calorie requirement so I have to assume from some of the posts here that it would be perfectly acceptable.

And here we go. When in doubt you'll win an argument with sense, let's throw out some extreme nonsense to try to prove the point.

He's just better at using an exaggeration that actually came across as the exaggeration it was intended to be . . . . IMHO . . . .

I would never eat cookie dough as a whole meal. I'm NOT judging ANYONE else if they do. But, when I saw the OP, I took it as an exaggeration because it was not in my frame of reference, and I didn't know of anyone who does that. I'm guessing it wasn't in her frame of reference either. (I said I was GUESSING). Little did she know other people do this and think it's fan frickin' tastic and get their undies twisted if you bring it up and talk about it like it's a weird thing.

And before coffeechugger, or whoever that was, decides to go all personal again. No, I didn't fall off the wagon because I deprived myself . . . . of anything. LOL!

Sheesh, I said "with all due respect . . . . . "

Bless your heart.

Oh now nice for you.
  • alienbabyjen
    alienbabyjen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love it when you people fight. It's like Housewives of New Jersey meets House meets Hell's Kitchen with a rainbow of gifs. It is glorious and warms my blackened, evil, little soul.
  • BABetter1
    Options
    :\

So to take the OP at her word that she observed (and judged) a friend eating cookie dough for a meal is the straw man in this thread? Are you sure you aren't letting your bias cloud your interpretation maybe just a little?

Heck no, I'm not sure of that. Wait, are you saying we're supposed to be absolutely sure of the OP's meaning before we express our opinions?!! Oh snap, I guess I've been looking at this all wrong then! So, did she like PM the rest of you a detailed break down, and I just didn't get the memo or . . . . . . ?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the OP was using what she thought was an exaggeration, LOL. Oh my, how the panties bunched!! LOL!!

in...for pantie bunching and food diary judging
  • BABetter1
    Options
    Adam Sandler CD circa 1990 something, "Screw you guys for judgiiiiiiinnnnnggg meeeeeee . . . . . " LOL!!!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    11 pages, what have I missed?

Anybody agree on anything?
  • BABetter1
    Options
    pfffffffffftttttttttttt
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Heck no, I'm not sure of that. Wait, are you saying we're supposed to be absolutely sure of the OP's meaning before we express our opinions?!! Oh snap, I guess I've been looking at this all wrong then! So, did she like PM the rest of you a detailed break down, and I just didn't get the memo or . . . . . . ?

Good. You've finally arrived where many started...

...which was to ask OP for clarification. Glad we got you there...on page eleven.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I had Oreos and coffee for breakfast today. I was in a hurry, I'm having a stressful week and it made me happy. I'm still on track to be under my calorie goal for the day. Haterz gonna hate!
    Edit: 2 Oreos. Not the whole box. Because moderation.

I just saw they have cookie dough stuffed oreos, I need to find these but until then I will suffer with cookie dough ice cream

What if... you put a little brownie batter into the bottom of muffin cups and put a cookie dough covered cookie dough oreo on top of the batter, and baked it? ... And then served it with cookie dough flavored ice cream with pieces of cookie dough in it... ?

Oh I need to try this! Think you may have given me my baking project for the weekend

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)<3

I've been meaning to try it, but I just haven't had the time, you know? I was in a serious baking mood last weekend, wink wink, but I made a blackberry pie instead. I regret nothing!

There will be pics! Last weekend was the cake and the dozen cupcakes I need someone to eat!

Once upon a time I gave my friends Diabetes with these Reese Cup, Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcake things I made.

You press store-bought cookie dough to the bottoms of a cupcake tin about 1/4 of the way up. Top with an upside down Reese cup, and then top THAT off with brownie batter (about 3/4 of the way up). Bake for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

It's heaven.

This sounds amazing!! I am so making these.
    SconnieCat, are you in/from WI? I'm assuming from your name and your hat. I'm sending you a FR :)

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This thread...

giphy.gif

why would someone flag Mugatu
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

does not judge but posts a thread judging others food choices..interesting...

I eat cake and bulked up..I also ate cake and go to 12% body fat...

I guess you lack the intellectual gravitas to understand that overall diet is what matters, and not individual food choice...

• BABetter1
    Options
    Ha, ha, ha!!! Yeah, "clarification". That's tooootallly what was going on here. PFFFFFTTTTT!!! I love this thread. It is soooo funny!!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I had Oreos and coffee for breakfast today. I was in a hurry, I'm having a stressful week and it made me happy. I'm still on track to be under my calorie goal for the day. Haterz gonna hate!
    Edit: 2 Oreos. Not the whole box. Because moderation.

I just saw they have cookie dough stuffed oreos, I need to find these but until then I will suffer with cookie dough ice cream

What if... you put a little brownie batter into the bottom of muffin cups and put a cookie dough covered cookie dough oreo on top of the batter, and baked it? ... And then served it with cookie dough flavored ice cream with pieces of cookie dough in it... ?

Oh I need to try this! Think you may have given me my baking project for the weekend

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)<3

I've been meaning to try it, but I just haven't had the time, you know? I was in a serious baking mood last weekend, wink wink, but I made a blackberry pie instead. I regret nothing!

There will be pics! Last weekend was the cake and the dozen cupcakes I need someone to eat!

Once upon a time I gave my friends Diabetes with these Reese Cup, Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcake things I made.

You press store-bought cookie dough to the bottoms of a cupcake tin about 1/4 of the way up. Top with an upside down Reese cup, and then top THAT off with brownie batter (about 3/4 of the way up). Bake for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

It's heaven.

This sounds amazing!! I am so making these.
    SconnieCat, are you in/from WI? I'm assuming from your name and your hat. I'm sending you a FR :)

Yay - I promise never to put you on blast for eating cookie dough. :)

And yes... although living in Chicago now.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so question- cookie dough as lunch is off limits- but what about a special sunday number from Friendly's- I mean Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter is got all the macros- carbs, fat and protein... does that mean it's okay to have "just' for lunch.

And when/where can I pay my dues for the ACEC?

I'm not a member, but the proxy treasurer - I will PM you with a PO Box to mail your check. Your membership card and your starter kit (which includes a bag of Pop Rocks, a plush stuffed animal of the mascot (an adorable honey badger with an ACEC headband), and a highly varnished oak flogging paddle) will be shipped shortly thereafter.
    You had me at Honey Badger!!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    This thread...

giphy.gif

why would someone flag Mugatu

Hangry.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Good. You've finally arrived where many started...

...which was to ask OP for clarification. Glad we got you there...on page eleven.

LMAO!