Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    AshZie wrote: »
    I completed the 30 day shred on Tuesday so yesterday I "celebrated" with a slice of garlic squash & mushroom pizza (yum!!!), a bag of jalapeno kettle chips and 5 girl scout cookies. But that wasn't enough so I went out for drinks with my boyfriend and consumed a total of 8 drinks and inhaled 2 more slices of pizza. This morning I was super hungover and got Mcdonald's on my way to work. It wasn't even good. And I will most likely eat junk for the rest of the day. I was supposed to start another round of Shred today but that will have to wait until tomorrow :wink:

That gave me flashbacks. 99 cent Spicy McChicken sandwiches were my go-to hangover food. (they never worked.)

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    schonton wrote: »
    at the age of 26 (almost 27) i like to go to bed at 10pm so that i can wake up at 4:30 am. I can get a lot of things done at that hour. and I still get my 6 hours in.

At the age of 45 I like to go to bed at 10 and get up at 4:30 becauszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    While we are on pet confessions...My husband was meh about having a pet, but I really wanted a dog. I talked him into it. I love my pup, but it is kind of annoying that now she and my husband love each other more than anything.

Sometimes I feel left out.

This made me laugh because it reminds me so much of my dad. My mom convinced him to let her bring home a puppy a few years back even though he wanted nothing to do with it. The dog took a liking to my dad and they have been inseperable ever since. My mom and the dog don't even like each other very much!

Picture a 62 year old burly man and his baby...a teacup pomeranian named Pixie. Haha!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    While we are on pet confessions...My husband was meh about having a pet, but I really wanted a dog. I talked him into it. I love my pup, but it is kind of annoying that now she and my husband love each other more than anything.

Sometimes I feel left out.

This made me laugh because it reminds me so much of my dad. My mom convinced him to let her bring home a puppy a few years back even though he wanted nothing to do with it. The dog took a liking to my dad and they have been inseperable ever since. My mom and the dog don't even like each other very much!

Picture a 62 year old burly man and his baby...a teacup pomeranian named Pixie. Haha!

That. Is. Awesome.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    morrskie wrote: »
    Oh dear, I have quite a few.

I have three dogs and a cat, and they all have accents and 'backstories'. Interestingly, despite the fact that they're all from the valleys, none have Welsh accents... hrm....

Continuing the above, I like to read aloud to all my pets. Depending on their... personalities, I read them different books. So, Rocko likes classics (particularly Russian, German and French authors), Meg likes horror stories, Lilah likes crime and fantasy books and Mishkie likes books on linguistics. (Yes, I am THAT sad!!!)

Hehe, I think I might love my pets a little too much. Oh well, they make up for me not having any actual friends!

You are like my new favorite person lol :) Now I want a backstory for my dog...

• AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I completed the 30 day shred on Tuesday so yesterday I "celebrated" with a slice of garlic squash & mushroom pizza (yum!!!), a bag of jalapeno kettle chips and 5 girl scout cookies. But that wasn't enough so I went out for drinks with my boyfriend and consumed a total of 8 drinks and inhaled 2 more slices of pizza. This morning I was super hungover and got Mcdonald's on my way to work. It wasn't even good. And I will most likely eat junk for the rest of the day. I was supposed to start another round of Shred today but that will have to wait until tomorrow :wink:

That gave me flashbacks. 99 cent Spicy McChicken sandwiches were my go-to hangover food. (they never worked.)

Yeah, it didn't work for me either. Now I'm contemplating stopping at my favorite authentic mexican restaurant on my way home to grab a gigantic burrito. I'm pretty sure that will fix it :wink:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize it may be odd to talk and sing to your pets until I met my husband and he laughed at me over my conversations with my Siamese. The cat talks back! I know what he's saying. LOL

I sing to my cat when I feed him. My husband thinks it's hilarious. He went around mocking me with "chicken and gravyyyyyyyy" for days.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh and regarding Christmas - I think Elf on the Shelf is perhaps the creepiest thing EVER. And the people who spend lots of time posing it every day are just odd.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Oh and regarding Christmas - I think Elf on the Shelf is perhaps the creepiest thing EVER. And the people who spend lots of time posing it every day are just odd.

I'm more irritated by the ones who have their elves give their kids little presents all month leading up to Christmas. They go to school, tell the other kids their elves give them stuff, and those kids go home wanting to know why their elf doesn't like them. Fortunately, mine was too old already when it started, but I have nieces and nephews who've brought it up to their parents.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A good friend treated me to dinner and let's say I went on a super binge. I basically ate about 1600 plus calories in one sitting. Luckily I did not eat all of my lunch and I was able to eat back my exercise calories, but I still ended up over by about 600 calories.

I have a really, really hard time not doing that every time my husband and I go out to a restaurant for dinner. Not really a binge, though--One meal at a place like Chili's can clock in at over 2000 calories! I always tell myself I'll order a lower-calorie option, buuuuut... Nope. Never. Not even once! :neutral_face:

Restaurant food is generally calorific. I don't worry about it, since I only get to go to a restaurant once a month, unless it's Subway... And I eat that within my calorie goal. :)

I had nachos, quesadillas and Riley's in my mind because I got the smaller portions I was eating less. I wasn't. It was delicious.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I'm more irritated by the ones who have their elves give their kids little presents all month leading up to Christmas. They go to school, tell the other kids their elves give them stuff, and those kids go home wanting to know why their elf doesn't like them. Fortunately, mine was too old already when it started, but I have nieces and nephews who've brought it up to their parents.

Let's go ahead and segue this into a rant about tooth fairy money. My brother's ex-wife gave my niece $20 for her first tooth. Are you kidding me?!? I'm just glad there is enough age difference between my niece and my son that there won't be any comparisons.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I totally agree. Never got one for my kids.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Confession: my son (will be 2 in June) picked a pair of my clean undies out of the laundry and has been carrying them around. I think it's funny that he keeps putting them on his head, so I haven't taken them away yet.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Let's go ahead and segue this into a rant about tooth fairy money. My brother's ex-wife gave my niece $20 for her first tooth. Are you kidding me?!? I'm just glad there is enough age difference between my niece and my son that there won't be any comparisons.

When I was a kid I got $0.50, then eventually $1 or $2 per tooth. I was excited about this, but then I started hearing about kids at my school getting $50 dollar video games, or $20 or whatever. I did wonder why there was such a difference.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: my son (will be 2 in June) picked a pair of my clean undies out of the laundry and has been carrying them around. I think it's funny that he keeps putting them on his head, so I haven't taken them away yet.

You've taken a picture, right? That's exactly the kind of stuff it's fun to drag out when they hit their tweens and think they know everything.
  • Talkradio
    edited February 2015
    Options

You've taken a picture, right? That's exactly the kind of stuff it's fun to drag out when they hit their tweens and think they know everything.

Absolutely, I did. They are purple and everything! :#
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just had a 1000 calorie snack because PMS.

I've used that as my excuse for two days of eating out for every meal. Pretty sure my next weight gain won't be all blamed on water retention.
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

1. I get pissed at my SO when he buys me junk food. He does it on a whim to be nice but he doesn't understand that I don't want to spend my extra calories on chips when I'm doing well. I can't not eat it though.

2. I was so jacked when my MIL brought chocolate chip cookies down from my SIL. I took a bite and noticed these were "healthy" cookies. Coconut oil and Apple sauce in place of butter, ect. I totally see the health benefits, I get it. But the cals are close to what it was if she used sugar and butter, and it would have tasted better. I wanted to cry.

3. I lost 100 lbs in a year before I had my daughter, I only gained 24 for her and lost it all after my c section. Since then I have lost another 48 lbs. I have a friend who used to be thin and is now a bit higher than my current weight. She is forever telling me how jealous she is and how I lose weight like its my day job. I count calories like mad, I make myself work out, I am trying so hard to learn to be healthy for my family. It's not easy and it makes me mad that she thinks so. I still have 100+ lbs to go to be my end goal weight.

4. I've always been fat, plus size, whatever you want to call it. It irks me when people use weight as a reason not to be happy. Being over weight never stopped me from doing or becoming anything. People assume I'm losing weight because I hate the way I look. I'm not. I'm learning to be healthy to be a good role model for my daughter. I love myself and it's time to take care of myself better.

5. I don't think it's okay to comment on anyone's body but your own. I am SO for body positivity, but people don't seem to understand it means all bodies. Fat, skinny, healthy, fit, disabled. Your not a real or better woman because you have curves or don't have curves. We are all people and it would be easier to spark change and healthy habits if everyone was uplifting.

• happyfitkris
    happyfitkris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I knew I was gaining weight and getting out of shape, but I didn't think I really needed to change my diet and exercise habits until last month. I had been getting arrhythmia after eating too much sugar. One day, I took an exercise class, and sugar bonked so hard after it, I crashed my car. It wasn't even a difficult class. Had my A1C done, and am pre diabetic. =(
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

When I was a kid I got $0.50, then eventually $1 or $2 per tooth. I was excited about this, but then I started hearing about kids at my school getting $50 dollar video games, or $20 or whatever. I did wonder why there was such a difference.

When I lost my first tooth I had a pog under my pillow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs for you young kids...lol. It was amazing and holographic and I loved it, until my sister came over and told me she was the one who had to give it up and I had to give it back. So much for the tooth fairy.

Confession: Elf on the Shelf freaks me the h**l out. I told my siblings they better not even think about getting that for my nieces and nephews or I'm not coming over in December. *shudder*
    Also, we had a luncheon at work today and I totally snuck ate an m&m cookie. It was stale, I ate it anyways.