Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Melissa…glad it was just a short illness.
    @Susan...Jacob’s game of choice is Monopoly. Goodness I hate it, but the electronic version at least makes it bearable!  How was the show? And yes, seeds are bad because apparently I think I need to eat them until the bag is empty. Oh well…they are empty now.
    @L2T…ND is looking at that scholarship. I hope it passes before Jacob is a senior…although he’s going to have do a lot better in school than he is now to get one.
    @Holly…we have an alternative/relaxed/band service each week. It is not my cup of tea, but they have a fair turnout each week. Luckily, I’m not a huge cake fan so it’s not too bad to have around. The part I like best is the batter and I usually get to lick the scraper when it’s all said and done so that covers it (and I do count those licks!! )
    @Tanya…I’m sure it is frustrating when your body doesn’t allow you to do what your brain wants. However, keep listening to the doctors – they know best. Is there something they say you can do in the meantime?
    @Laurie…glad you had a productive snow day.
    @Robin…glad you had a successful surgery! What fun to rediscover beautiful things all around you, but hope this flu passes you buy quickly.
    @Karen…yuck with waking up early, but I hope your conference is worth it.
    @Kaye…that’s how this whole cake thing started. I made them for my kids and if you could figure out what it was, I was happy. Then I took 2 cake decorating classes last year, learned some techniques and just loved it. Still had no plans to sell cakes, but then my sister had a friend and it has steam rolled from there. No plans for a business, but it’s nice to have a little extra cash each month.
    @Tracy…love that cake and congrats on the “end of cancer treatment”!!

AFM…yesterday was a wonderful day! I didn’t have to put on shoes or a coat and just got to stay home. While I should have been more productive, I did get my 8 hours of work in and most of a cake done. Today’s cake is a combo of the Flash and Green Arrow. I had to go on line and do some research since I had never even heard of the Green Arrow. My son thinks I’m dumb. HA! I just have to finish the emblems today and then it’s out the door.

I made my calorie goal yesterday and my water goal. I knew it was a day of rest as far as working out (these days of never leaving my house don’t happen often). And I saw the season finale of How to Get Away with Murder. Wow, never saw that coming!!!!

Today, the plan is to meet my calorie goal, meet my water goal and get to the gym. My evening is pretty relaxed…Jacob has basketball practice, my Mom has asked me to come measure her for her mother of the bride outfit and then I need to pick up my Bountiful Baskets. And then I want to get both bathrooms cleaned so I don’t have to worry about them this weekend.

Friday Fitness: Part of my March goal is going to be focusing on fitness more. Hikes in the Colorado Mountains are coming up in July and I need to be in better shape. I’m going to steal from others:
    • Cardio - 3 times a week
    • Lifting - 2 times a week
    • Water - 5 days a week (just trying to be realistic)
    • Calories - 6 days a week
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 - DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER!!!! I was too tired to stay up and watch it last night, and am trying to avoid spoilers until I can watch this evening. But cool beans on the Flash/Arrow cake. I've met both of the actors who play those roles on the CW shows. Stephen Amell (Arrow) showed me pictures of his baby girl on his phone. :smiley:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @melifornia...I agree..hate when I hear about things before I see them. I won't do any spoilers, but it was a good show!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @Welcome New People.
    @Tanya- Sorry to hear about your pain and headaches. You have done so well don’t let this set back get you down.
    @RobinsEgg- Glad the surgery went so well and god blessed you with better vision. Hope the flu goes away soon get plenty of rest and liquids. God has just blessed you so much in your struggles and I am so happy to see that.
    @Karen- Family is so crazy at times. Keep your head up and don’t let it bother you and hubby to much.
    @cblue- Congrats on the talk and it is always best that you let people know how they make you feel even if they don’t get it.
    @kah- Sorry to hear of your friends diagnosis. Now imagine 7 months of your current weather with no melting away …it is not fun.
    @tlh- I am not a cake fan at all that is how good your cakes looked to me. I do love frosting though. I have never heard of the Green Arrow either. Thanks for not spoiling the season finale….Love that show and didn’t realize it came on an hour earlier so I will have to watch it over the weekend On Demand.

AFM- I am going to try to eat better today yesterday was a bust. I ate fast food at lunch and then proceeded to eat a whole medium thin crust pizza for dinner than felt crappy all night it just tasted so good. I am going to bar bingo on Saturday night I don’t really drink but I will have food and fun with a friend. I am so ready to be above 10 degrees this weather is just icky.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth a bit tardy: I really blew it yesterday. I cooked. I ate. I was over calories. I did not even finish logging until this AM. The good news it was not quite as bad as I expected, so that was a relief. But really! I think @Lives2Travel you said it right...asked some really profound questions. Is it a switch? Diet fatigue? I did so well pre and through the holidays, now this just stuck in one place. Whatever the cause, I need to shake this off and get back at it.
    Good news on that front: My daughter and the daughter of a friend have started to do MFP again. Neither has a lot to lose, maybe 10# but I know they will be really good and get this done. They will be sort of monitoring my progress, so I guess I feel I will be on display. That will help. You all help, but I think are too kind and understanding sometimes.
    @Cblue Certainly, you said some interesting things on your home page this AM. I certainly took it to heart about how much you have improved your endurance etc. You are and continue to be an inspiration.
    @Niki I think what you said about people don't really know who you are apparently holds true for many of us. We probably first need to understand ourselves and sometimes that is hard or we hide behind "convention"... whatever we perceive that to be.
    As for exercise and Friday Fitness this week. I have done zero. My hip is bothering me and I have been babying it. What can I say; this comes and goes with arthritis and the weather.

Have a great Friday everyone and a wonderful weekend.
    Barb (mountmary)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    First of all, I finally changed my profile picture (and learned how to take a proper selfie!... albeit still a bit too much of a close up for my liking, but here I am).

I said I was going to start my "no fast food for the rest of Lent" today and am happy to report I stayed away from the drive thru after work. I took some lentil soup to work to heat up for lunch and greek yogurt for snack before physio. Physio went well, although not full speed yet. I did run for 5 min on the treadmill for warm up and felt pretty good.

@Robin... Welcome back my friend! So nice to hear you are feeling up to your old self, and isn't good eyesight wonderful? I'm just on the verge of needing some glasses for reading/driving. My arms are becoming too short now, and I can't read the street signs as far back as used to.

I am wondering if anyone has information about B12 shots and weight loss? In Canada there is a weight loss clinic called Dr. Bernstein, and they use these shots for weight loss, along with a very strict diet... too low if you ask me (and sooooo expensive). There is a new naturopathic doctor at physio who provides these B12 shots, and the naturopath is covered by my work benefits. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything about these shots and if they really work.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started checking out this thread yesterday and thought I would share a little about myself. I have been overweight my whole life. In the last 6 years I gained 80 lbs! 6 years ago I had met my boyfriend and I went back to school and was working full time and with all of this combined I wasn't exercising regularly, I was eating out a lot, I put all my other commitments first and the commitment to myself on the back burner. In the process I lost respect for myself, I lost my self confidence. I became an unhappy person.
    Finally 6 months ago or so I decided enough was enough. I don't want to be this fat unhealthy person anymore with no self confidence. I want to be a healthy woman who lives life to the fullest. I am someone who can get very overwhelmed because I don't know where to begin. I know you loose weight by having a calorie deficit but how? The whole idea was just really overwhelming to me and it's probably partially why it took me 6 years to start making changes. I decided to do a program through Kaiser called Transform. You start off on the Optifast product and while you are on it you go to weekly classes where they teach you about changing behaviors, logging, exercise and about calorie counting and they slowly ease you back into real food. Now I continue to go to classes to keep me accountable and to get support but I am on regular food. I am counting my calories and meal prepping like everyone else trying to loose weight. I am 100% grateful for the program because if I didn't find it I probably would have already given up due to being overwhelmed. I needed to have my hand held while I learned the basics! Now I feel like I can conquer the world.
    For exercise I have been doing classes like Zumba and Body Combat and hiking on the weekends. I want to work in strength training but I am at that point of not knowing where to start! lol. I am not going to allow my anxiety to take over though. I am looking into a TRX class and a couple other classes in my area that work on strength.
    I am loving losing weight. Obviously I feel better/healthier but I also feel this power. I have taken back control of my life!! I still have a long way to go but I am ready!

Just in the past two days I had two victories: I reached over 70lb weight loss! I also fit into an old belt that hasn't fit for years. It is a size 2X and I haven't fit in anything that was a size 2X for as long as I can remember.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!!! We had a great time at Wicked last night, but I'm exhausted. The show is 2 hours 48 minutes and while the theater is nice the seats haven't been updated in years. The upholestry/padding is useless and it felt like sitting on metals chairs. So uncomfortable!! And it wasn't even me the big girl complaining, but the skinny little 14-year friend we brought with us. Here's a picture of Cyrus and Phoenix. I think they had fun. Did I say how much I LOVE the new way to post pictures??!! LOL

lxhn1ps5b76w.jpg

Also, I was so excited to get a vendor gift and it's NOT something decadent. Love Edible Arrangements!!

osq1ayaoh2yu.jpg

@MNwalkingqueen/Holly - I'm glad your knee made noise. We knew you weren't crazy. LOL!! Hopefully, the medicine will work and you'll find some relief soon.

@Jennbo83 - Welcome!!

@Kay68/Kelley - I know Alaska is on my list one of these days. I just need to give myself plenty of time to save. It will definitely happen before Cyrus graduates HS. Also, never been to San Fran either and it's always been want. One day for sure!! Also, so sorry to read the diagnosis for your co-worker. Thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time as they process this news.

@Laurie - Woo Hoo!! Snow day's can be a nice break. Unfortunately, we've had a few counties who have been out almost 2 weeks. They just don't have the equipment to handle the snow/ice. I think they normally only plan for 3 days. They'll be going until mid-June at this rate.

@RobinsEgg/Ellen - WOO HOO!!! I love to see your spirit back. Plus, I'm so glad you had such positive results with the cataract surgery as well. I'm so happy for you. This is what true friendship is about through the ups and downs. Almost like a marriage. You take the good and the bad. Rich and poor. Sickness and in health. We got you my friend!!!

@Skinny/Karen - OMG!!! As I was reading your post, I was wondering if your SIL was even speaking to her mother either. I cannot believe you MIL. Seriously??!!! Like you said, it's terribly sad, but she's a very disturbed woman I'm afraid. To have a family and to have your later years in life being bitter. If she keeps this up, she will die a very lonely old woman. Sad.

@Melifornia - I'm so glad dinner went well and things are settling in the belly. Hopefully, you'll be full force steam ahead soon!!

@Goinstd - I'm always in awe what they can do with cakes now. Gorgeous!!!

@Lives2Travel‌ - Your AFM was right where I'm at. I'm really going to clean cupboards and get focused this weekend. Next week is time for me to get back on this journey. One day at a time. One becomes two becomes three and just keep going!!!

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MelforniaGet Away With Murder - WOW is all I can Say !!
    Skinnyyour MIL should be one of our Military Weapons she's so vicious! I haven't seen the likes of her anywhere- I don't think I could bear up under such awful pressure...
    SusanYou saw Wicked? were you in Chicago meeting Skinny's MIL? hahahahaa... so nice to hear about all the happiness around you now that your settled in...
    Jennbowelcome and thanks for your intro...just stick with it. OK? we all fall down...I heard a good quote yesterday..."Try and fail. Try and fail. The only real failure is when you quit trying."

Thanks for the welcome back. I will post my starting weight some morning when I can catch myself in the buff!

Today I started my up-hill stair-climbing goal. I did one flight of stairs up. One down. One up. One hour later -One advil. Ha ha ha. But its good to be moving - flu seems to be over but still no appetite. Yay.
    Darn cold, but no snow here, many sympathies to all who suffer the wrath of snowfalls. We usually get lots of snow. Lack of it kills off our trees and perennials anyway.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Oh - I wanted to share this bit of info with you - a ponderable:

Science Daily Web Article Date: December 16, 2014

Source: BMJ-British Medical Journal

Summary: Ever wondered where the fat goes when somebody loses weight? Most of it is breathed out as carbon dioxide, making the lungs the primary excretory organ for weight loss, explain researchers.

Human fat cells store triglyceride, which consists of just three kinds of atoms; carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Shedding unwanted fat requires unlocking the atoms in triglyceride molecules by a process known as oxidation.
    By tracing every atom's pathway out of the body, the authors discovered that when 10 kg of fat are fully oxidised, 8.4 kg departs via the lungs as carbon dioxide (CO2). The remaining 1.6 kg becomes water (H2O).
    Their analysis shows that the inhaled oxygen required for this metabolic process weighs nearly three times more than the fat being 'lost'. To completely oxidise 10 kg of human fat, 29 kg of oxygen must be inhaled producing a total of 28 kg of carbon dioxide and 11 kg of water.
    "None of this biochemistry is new, but for unknown reasons it seems nobody has thought of performing these calculations before," say the authors. "The quantities make perfect sense but we were surprised by the numbers that popped out."
    "These results show that the lungs are the primary excretory organ for weight loss," they add. "The water formed may be excreted in the urine, faeces, sweat, breath, tears, or other bodily fluids and is readily replenished."
    "The exhaled carbon can only be replaced by eating food or consuming beverages such as milk, fruit juices or sugar-sweetened drinks," the authors say.
    At rest, an average 70 kg person exhales around 200 ml of CO2 in 12 breaths per minute. Each of those breaths therefore excretes 33 mg of CO2, of which 8.9 mg is carbon. By simply exhaling 17,280 times, an average person therefore loses at least 200 grams of carbon every day and roughly a third of that weight loss is achieved during eight hours of sleep.
    "Keeping the weight off simply requires that you put less back in by eating than you've exhaled by breathing," explain the authors.
    Replacing one hour of rest with exercise that raises the metabolic rate to seven times that of resting by, for example, jogging, removes an additional 40 g of carbon from the body, raising the total by about 20% to 240 g.
    But the authors point out that, for comparison, a single 100 g muffin represents about 20% of an average person's total daily energy requirement. "Physical activity as a weight loss strategy is, therefore, easily foiled by relatively small quantities of excess food," they say.
    "Our calculations show that the lungs are the primary excretory organ for fat," they conclude. "Losing weight requires unlocking the carbon stored in fat cells, thus reinforcing that often heard refrain of 'eat less, move more.'" The authors recommend these concepts be included in secondary school science curriculums and university biochemistry courses "to correct widespread misconceptions about weight loss."

• lindsaymarie612
    Options
    Well, I'm down 9 pounds since I started eating "like the poor person I am." LOL. Basically, my friend looked over my budget and told me that I am not wealthy enough to be eating out like I was. After eating on a budget for the past few weeks, and then this week replacing two meals with green smoothies, I was excited to see the poundage go down this morning. The perfect boost to end the week!

I been eating a "vegetarianish" diet since right after Christmas and noticed a difference in how I felt, but not in anything else. In fact, I felt like I was gaining more weight- probably because my only goal was to avoid eating animal meat.

Now that I have started more of a standard for what I will eat, I feel like I can form a sustainable pattern in my eating habits, rather than just either eating a strict diet or eating whatever the heck I feel like.

Anyways, I'm thankful for a forum like this where we are all on the same journey :)

QUESTION: What does AFM mean? I keep seeing that, but haven't picked up the lingo. lol
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    AFM = As for me
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Really we should rename this discussion CAKES AND CATS for all the beautiful photos ! I loved all of them as I read a ton of pages to catch up! :D
    @Tanya -love,love.love your new photo! You look so thin! I hate to hear your neck injury pain continues, but what others say is so true, just like other, such as @SkinnyJeans is experiencing with her shoulder injury, it just takes a durn long time to work through a muscular and tendon injury. So, be patient, and be true to that part of your self that is injured. As someone suggested yoga (traditional not hot) might help. I don't know about B-12, but I've never heard of it HURTING anyone.
    @GrandmaKaye - how great it must feel to be off your BP meds. I am so impressed! You pondered you might be at your set weight. You sure do look great! Might as well keep trying though, for a little while anyway. I'm being selfish, I don't want to see you go!
    @Niki - I loved your Thursday share, and as @CBlue said, I also feel like we are kindred spirits - being a '60's hippie turned conventional business person, etc. Life changes us and we change back. Fascinating business.

Well on to March - I am excited to start this new month!
    I've got my plan made. My exercise is going to consist of walking up and down the stairs in my building - since we'll still have really cold days this month. My new BIG GOAL is to get ready for my summer trip which will include a lot of hiking - thus the stairs.

March All In Challenge 2015:

1. Meet Calories Goals: 27d/31d Current #:
    2. Do Stairwells 5 x week:
    3. Increase # of Stairs every other time: yes/no:
    4. Greens March: Eat Veggie Daily: yes/no:
    5. Accountability? Daily: yes/no:

2015 Mantra: Bend
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin welcome back, it is great to see you again. Great plan for the stairs.

I had a great climb tonight and they were challenging. My arms and fingers will really feel this climb tomorrow.

Need to run now as I need to some sleep so I can get up and go swim in the morning. I will be glad when it warms up in the morning. Not looking forward to 16 degrees around 8am.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--It's great to see you back! Glad the vision is so improved, and you are feeling better overall. Very interesting article too--thanks for sharing. As for my MIL--yeah, she's a piece of work. It's honestly not that hard on me b/c I'm someone who chooses to avoid drama when possible. I do feel bad for my DH and his sister b/c I think it's so unfair for anyone to have that kind of a person as a parent. I'm not saying they are both saints, but neither has done anything to deserve that kind of treatment from a mother.

@lindsay--haha, love the eating like a "poor person" comment. Since DH and I made out a budget a couple of weeks ago, I've been much better at thinking twice before spending money on bar food while out with friends. Congrats on the 9 lbs--that's awesome!!

@susan--glad you enjoyed Wicked and love the picture of Cyrus and his friend. Yes, my SIL is also not speaking with her mother. At this point only my BIL is still communicating with her (as far as we know) and possibly one of my nephews and his wife, but they are in Ohio, so not much contact. She drove my other nephew (her grandson) away several years ago, and as a result we never get to see him either. It is sad, but also her own doing, so it's hard to feel sorry for her for too long. Especially when she leaves those lovely messages on our machine. :(

@jennbo--welcome! I can relate to your story. I also have always been overweight, but when I hit my mid-thirties I gained about 60 lbs in 6 years. Suddenly, I was 40 years old and almost 250 lbs.--I knew I had to turn things around and that;s when I found MFP, Now I've lost that 60, but am about 2 sizes smaller than I was when I was last at this weight, meaning I have a lot more muscle on my body for my 185 lbs. Come back often for support and motivation. :smile:

@tanya--I love your new picture! As robin mentioned, I'm also dealing with an injury that is really starting to frustrate me. PT doesn't really seem to be making any lasting difference. If it were just the shoulder, that wouldn't be as bad, but I have days that even when y shoulder isn't hurting, I have tightness and pain in my lower neck. I know I need tobe patient and keep at it, but it's hard to deal with this chronic pain when I've never had neck or upper back pain before. :( Sorry, I know nothing about B12 shots.

@barb--I feel the same way--not sure why I'm struggling so much at this time of year when I did okay through the holidays. Everyday I say I will do better; then a few days later I'm eating or drinking things that I shouldn't. I may need to add a 2nd mantra related to food. Maybe amanda's "You Know Better!!"

@holly--thanks, we are trying not to let her get to us. I'm about ready to ditch my landline just so she can't call. However, it's part of a bundle and we would actually pay more each month without it (which makes no sense to me). I'm right there with you regarding the temps--I need it to be warmer soon!

@tracy (tlh)--the conference was actually really good, Got some great ideas for some lessons and we were done at 1 pm, so at least we got to start the weekend a little early. Hikes in CO sound like a great motivator! Oh, and your cakes were gorgeous!!

@melissa--I also got glasses at a young age--just 4 years old. They found I had astigmatism when I got my pre-kindergarten eye exam. I also wore contacts most of my adult life and then finally got LASIK in 2005. It's been great; however, it doesn't last forever--your eyes still age. I'm getting to the point where I need reading glasses again, and I've recently noticed that my night vision isn't as sharp. My advice to you is to get the LASIK while you're still young so you can get your money's worth out of it.

@kelley--so sorry to hear the news about your friend.

@L2T--I would kill for 6 days in a row of control--I feel like I lose it every other day lately. Congrats on the progress you're making.

@amanda--your glasses story made me laugh!

@lori--hope your husband joins you for the counseling.

@tracy (goins)--that cake was beautiful; sorry your order didn't work out to fulfill your expectations.

AFM--as I mentioned to tracy, the conference today was really good. It was all about using humor in the classroom which I already do, so it was fun to get some new idea.

Afterwards, my friends and I went and graded while waiting for colleagues to meet us out after school. I finished all of the AP quizzes, so this weekend I need to start on the AP essays.

A friend from work is having a party tomorrow night, so I will go to that and plan to spend the night b/c he lives kind of far, and I don't want to drive home after drinking. Several of my other work friends will sleep over as well, so it should be a regular slumber party. LOL He and his wife have a pretty big house and no kids yet, so they do this a few times a year. It's always a good time, but I don't want to drink too much and be too hungover to be productive on Sunday. As a precaution, I will be doing my 8k BEFORE the party--no excuses not to get that done!

Friday Fitness:
    Ugh. With 2 days of PT this week, it didn't leave much time for any "real" fitness. At least when I was rehabbing my knee, I actually got a workout in the process. This shoulder/neck PT pretty much consists of my lying there moving my arm back and forth and some light massage. Tomorrow is the last day of the month. so I will do my 8k on the treadmill. Going to continue the light weights I got back to last week as well.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: 3/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 4: 1/3 balance; PT DONE; 1/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. x/64 AP essays
    3. 64/ 64 AP quizzes DONE

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--PT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--PT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    What a day here in north Texas--snow started about 9am, steady all day. I left work about 1:45 & it took 2 hours to get home--roads weren't too bad then but traffic was in gridlock. We've had snow off/on since then, we set a daily snow record receiving 2". More snow/freezing rain expected tonight & tomorrow. City is pretty much shut down, over 500 accidents reported so far--right now it's hard for road crews to keep up & this "brine" they use is freezing up. :grimacing: Very glad I don't need to be anywhere tomorrow & that I have heat! :smile:

Have a good night & keep warm!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: My fitness goals are the only ones that I feel I am doing consistently. I've had a good walk everyday this week. Yesterday it was about 8 miles, today 6.8. We take Anya for a walk in the morning. Then I walk in the evening with one of my daughters. I have one day left of my goal for the resistance bands. My goal was 3 days a week (12 days for the month).
    My food and water goals leave a lot to be desired. I'm thinking 'diet fatigue' as L2T mentioned may be my problem, but I've been slacking long enough that I should be rested now and ready to take off again.
    @robin I'm not going anywhere. Even if I don't lose any more I need this group to keep me from gaining.
    Plans for the weekend include lots of family. Will be a challenge.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose 100 + pounds, I am currently on track, swimming and walking in pool most days for an hour is my best exercise....I walk and swim in the warm pool (leisure) and its lovely really, easy on my joints and soothing as well. I am nervous as I dont have a good record for hanging in there and now its been the best part of a month.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @Lauriek70‌ Aren't snow days nice? We have had too many this winter which sucks for me because I don't get paid for them and we have to make them up in June. But having a day off to rest, get caught up and get things done is wicked nice!

@RobinsEgg‌ Glad your surgery went well! Hope you start feeling better from the flu. Tis the season right?

@kah68‌ Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully he will be able to fight it off again this time! Prayers and strength for him! Also, funny you're talking about the snow in TX. We are on winter break right now and last week it was freeeezing, like below zero temps up here in NH. One of my co-workers was so excited to go to TX this week, only to go to more freezing temps and winter storms.

@lindsaymarie612‌ I need to go on that "poor girl diet" too lol. I eat out wayyy too much for my budget! Great job on the weight loss, keep it up!

AFM - I've been pretty busy this week for being on vacation. I went away Wednesday and Thursday down to CT to the casinos with my mom. Yeah that was a waste lol, they got all of my money. Luckily I broke even on the roulette table and I was there for a while so it wasted time for me. I haven't worked out much this week, but I did get a lot of steps in. Bad part though, I have not eaten well at all. I need to get back on track. Last week I finally made it to my first 10lbs loss that I've been stuck at gaining and losing, and now I am probably back up again.

Hope everyone has a greaat weekend!

Erin

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @Lives2travel – Great streak!
    @Melfornia – Hope your tummy is back to normal again
    @jennbo83 – Seize that power and channel it, it will take you where you want to go
    @susan2396 – Wicked is one of my favorite musicals. If you get the chance to see Once it too is amazing.
    @Robin – So glad to have you active here once again. You sound stronger and perkier. The stairs will do you wonders!
    @skinnyjeansbound – The party sounds like fun, stick to your goals and you will have no regrets.
    @lindalster – Even if you don’t stick to your weight loss goals this is a great group. Come back no matter what your weight loss or eating looks like. We are all in this for the long haul. We have all been up and down, dedicated or not. We are all here for each other.

AFM: Great success on the fitness front, with the swimming, measurements and weight lifting. Not so good on the eating. Had a few Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad days this month. But overall I am down a few pounds. Water was hit and miss.
    I have decided not to pursue the Spring Weight Loss Challenge. I am still losing weight, not the amount I need to be competitive. I just have too many things going on in my personal life.
    March Goals:
    Log every sip, bite and move. The good the bad and the ugly truth of it.
    Fitness: Sunday - Spin, Body Pump, yoga
    Monday - Spin, swim
    Tuesday - Trainer, cardio, mobility
    Wednesday - Total Body Fitness, mobility
    Thursday - Trainer, cardio, mobility
    Friday - Spin, swim
    Saturday - Spin, swim

By the end of the month I want to be able to swim 5 continuous laps, run one mile and hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to do some outdoor fitness. That last one is totally out of my control but hope springs eternal.

Personal: Hubby is just being stubborn. I hope he comes on Monday to the counseling session but am not holding my breath.
    Oldest son knows what is coming. (3rd DUI) He had is initial court appearance this week and the lawyer is doing all he can. Son knows he has to serve probation and go back to rehab and knows these will all be good in the long run. He is doing so very well at work they have fast tracked him to get his certifications a year early. He is a diesel mechanic and works on huge trucks. He is on the Aspergers spectrum so has some social anxiety disorder. So his work is his biggest success.
    Work is still busy and the phone just does not stop. I am still running behind and am just not willing to work 20 hours a day to catch up. People will have to wait.
    Sister is still taking a few hours off each week to care for her grandson who is just the cutest thing ever. Her DIL is still not totally up to speed and had to have another surgery this week. It is crazy, she was at work and started to not feel well and was in surgery a few hours later. They did take out her gall bladder a couple of weeks ago but now there are still stones in the ducts and occasionally one causes problems.

Thank you all for sharing your lives so openly, it is truly inspiring and I look forward to checking in here every day.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3