40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• FEves
    FEves Posts: 20 Member
    Think me tomorrow as I start up with my exercising again! After a week off, I'm looking forward to getting back at it...(I'll repeat that to myself as needed!) Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    FEves wrote: »
    Think me tomorrow as I start up with my exercising again! After a week off, I'm looking forward to getting back at it...(I'll repeat that to myself as needed!) Thanks for the kind words. :)

Yeah!!! Go for it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Back in town and back on the horse!! Made it through the cook off with no major damage done and the team did very well. Now I need some recuperating time! Hope everyone is well. Have a great week.
  • krispit74
    krispit74 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone. Love the name of this 'club' because we were the original cool kids..right? I'm in pretty good shape; a little obsessed with working out but need to drop about 20 lbs. I turned 40 last year and feel like my metabolism bottomed out! I can smell food and gain weight...or it seems! What the heck happened? look forward to meeting everyone.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    It's Monday- I made it to the gym this morning. Uphill walking and arms&chest weights. Not a bad workout after a bit of shoveling as well. I did not make it there on Saturday as I was hoping,but I had a good weekend overall. I also signed up for a kickboxing class starting next Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.
    - Hubby got settled at the rehab and had some OT on Saturday. He's doing OK for being so far away and says everyone is nice so far. I have a call in to the social worker there just to touch base and to make sure that they are aware that his family is involved in his care.

Have a good one all!

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    KellySue67 I hope everything goes well for your husband at the new place, hoping something closer comes up soon too.

I dragged my butt out of bed at 5:30 this morning, man I did not want to. But I did it, got to kettlebell and feel better for it (other than the knee still bugging me) and finally some downward movement on the scales! Down 3lbs from last Sunday.
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 42 and have been struggling to also take the last 15-20 off. I know it's my diet and my love of a great cocktail. I average 3.5 days a week of intense exercise now, but I love to eat.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Happy for all of you OTH & fit people!
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    Getting back on track... I wanna join the cool kids. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »

Beeps, did you endure the get together with good grace. Or did you pick up one of the ladies and bench press her?

Not only did I ENDURE the get-together, I was OVERWHELMED with appreciation that I (somehow?!??!?!) made it onto the invite list. At all.

I do sit on an executive committee with one of the women who hosted. The other woman who hosted I had never met.

The evening was a mish-mash of VERY powerful women in my community - and in my nation (actually!). So, I broke bread with 22- women who, among them, included former Prime Minister, a former Deputy Prime Minister, former Dean of Medicine at our university, philanthropic leaders in the community, and our Ethics Commissioner.

!!

What the h$*l was I doing there?!?!? I don't know but I am hand-writing the most SINCERED "thank you" letter I have EVER hand-written....with hopes that I get invited to MORE of these lovely events.

Who knew??

FANTASTIC!! That is quite the power house list of women. Yourself included. :-))
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Morning 40+ Cool Kids!
    Mind if I jump in? It's always good to have a support group of like-minded individuals who are also your age! :)
    This group seems so supportive of each other and I don't think I've seen that type of dedication and support in a group since I was on the Weight Watchers groups a million years ago (more like 4 years, but you know what I mean :) ).
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all! Am back from my week with my new granddaughter. She is SO adorable! Was back in time to take my eldest granddaughter to dance and lunch, then headed out snowshoeing. After not doing a dang thing the entire week, did two back to back big hikes on the weekend, covering a total of 20km or 12 miles, some of which I had to break trail. Lots of climbing in both.
    Eating has been okay as well (not perfect, but not bad either), not sure how much weight is coming off, but am feeling better.
    Have not had time to catch up - will try and do that later.

Hope all doing well! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Well, March brings visions of lions and lambs and I have decided I am....NEITHER.

Just going to keep going-with-the-flow.

Eat a little bit less. Drink a little bit more (water). Aim for better sleep - in part by getting my workouts back to 3 x per week lifting + 1 x per week cardio.

I am liking the steady-eddy approach.

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids.

School and work was closed today due to ice. I just finished breaking up ice and salting. What a work out. If the ice refreezes I will have to work out from home and forego the gym tonight. My fingers are crossed because I do much better in group environments versus solo.

I finally found a spot called Zia's and their spot caters to the palette of both raw and traditional vegans. Needless to say, I could have stayed the night and tried one of everything. I miss raw eating. Now that I found them, I can incorporate it back slowly but surely. I am the only vegan in my house and cooking for both palettes along with the rest of my busy life made it more difficult for me, so I forsaked myself and have not been able to really plant my feet back since. This is a game changer for me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and great day ahead.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I turn 40 at the end of May...... do I count as a 40yo yet? I kinda hope I do cause I'm looking forward to being 40...... I always said whatever I was doing by the time I was that age was what I was going to be doing for good.

I'm about to start a Dip in Business, I work in a bakery (and love it) and I'm fitter & healthier and HAPPIER than I've ever been.

My son just moved out of home though :'( so I guess that's a downer, but I don't have much confidence in his ability to budget or even pay rent & bills so I know he'll move back home soon...... sad outlook know but he may be 21 but his mind is only 15. He's just not ready.

But please let me join.....I'll wait if I have to.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    ok switching things up a bit, I am waking up early with my wife and we are doing strength Exercise every other day and PiYo every other day, with some breaks in between.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    By posting...you are "in"....now, stick around, post about your fitness/nutrition pursuits (and others....we are all pretty friendly here!) and ENJOY!

BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Happy Monday Cool Kids!
    Only a moment to check in and send love and encouragement to you all!
    Rode my bike in.
  • GrannySansom
    GrannySansom Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    I'm learning

• Trying to figure out how to post. I think I made a goof. Anyway I'm a 47 yr old teacher looking to get my health back. I've had too much stress and comfort food. Need all the advise I can get.