Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today a couple people walked around asking who brought in the mini cakes so they could thank them. But when I brought food in on Friday, not a single person said thank you. I know I shouldn't care, that's not why I brought the doughnuts, but still, not one person out of 16 says thanks or otherwise acknowledges them?

It was just something nice I was doing and I know I shouldn't be annoyed, but I am.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    gopgirl425 wrote: »
    Confession: I love the success stories on here and I am really inspired by the loss but I am shocked at how dirty people's homes are.

Most people are pigs.

Though I should talk--I have lint on the mirror in one of the photos in my profile.

38f6oiqflhn9.jpg

Uggg, I hate signs and memes like that. Being messy doesn't prove that you have a life--it just proves that you are a slob.

I don't love my friends who are slobs any less because of it, but if you are an adult and you can't manage to keep your home in some kind of order, you have a problem.

Wooooooooooow... maybe YOU have a problem. A JUDGY problem. Having a messy house and BEING a messy person are two different things. Having kids definitely doesn't help, neither does having pets to clean up after. 3+ loads of laundry to fold. And don't give me that BS about "little at a time" believe me I do that. You're offensive.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    motiv8rz wrote: »
    I am horrifying at time management and spend waaayyy to much time on here...I'm like sucked into a vortex

Same here. Way too much time on here when I'm supposed to be working. In my defense, I don't have much to do and am waiting for my boss to give me new tasks. :)
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I love the success stories on here and I am really inspired by the loss but I am shocked at how dirty people's homes are.

Most people are pigs.

Though I should talk--I have lint on the mirror in one of the photos in my profile.

38f6oiqflhn9.jpg

Uggg, I hate signs and memes like that. Being messy doesn't prove that you have a life--it just proves that you are a slob.

I don't love my friends who are slobs any less because of it, but if you are an adult and you can't manage to keep your home in some kind of order, you have a problem.

Hmmmm, well. Yeah, maybe I do have a problem. Like, my parents are borderline hoarders, and no one ever modeled or taught me how to organize or keep a clean house. I had to teach myself, as an adult, to clean up after myself... and sometimes I just feel lazy. Or, sometimes my depression is so strong that I consider it an accomplishment that I wake up with my son every morning and feed him three meals. Or, maybe for me, my house that looks messy to you is actually a victory to me, because it is 20x cleaner than how I grew up. You are right, I have a problem.

Me too! My mom is mentally handicapped sooo... yeah me and my brother weren't taught the necessary skills to be super clean all the time. To this day my brother struggles to remind himself to brush his teeth (alarms, sticky notes), he was never really told to.

I think people like you and me have come a long way from how we were raised. In fact, it terrifies my husband so much to have another child, because he grew up similarly and finds it REALLY hard to get the drive to keep things decent, though our son has definitely helped us both learn to keep things in order. It's a victory for us to say there are no more clothes to wash or dishes to do, even if it takes me forever to fold our laundry.

The trash goes out, we don't leave food around. We're trying to instill better habits in our son, and it's definitely helping us become better house keepers!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm devastated that the "don't be afraid of fast food" thread was closed. I was enjoying it! And it's my spring break!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm devastated that the "don't be afraid of fast food" thread was closed. I was enjoying it! And it's my spring break!

Ditto.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Most people are pigs.

38f6oiqflhn9.jpg

Hmmmm, well. Yeah, maybe I do have a problem. Like, my parents are borderline hoarders, and no one ever modeled or taught me how to organize or keep a clean house. I had to teach myself, as an adult, to clean up after myself... and sometimes I just feel lazy. Or, sometimes my depression is so strong that I consider it an accomplishment that I wake up with my son every morning and feed him three meals. Or, maybe for me, my house that looks messy to you is actually a victory to me, because it is 20x cleaner than how I grew up. You are right, I have a problem.

Me too! My mom is mentally handicapped sooo... yeah me and my brother weren't taught the necessary skills to be super clean all the time. To this day my brother struggles to remind himself to brush his teeth (alarms, sticky notes), he was never really told to.

I think people like you and me have come a long way from how we were raised. In fact, it terrifies my husband so much to have another child, because he grew up similarly and finds it REALLY hard to get the drive to keep things decent, though our son has definitely helped us both learn to keep things in order. It's a victory for us to say there are no more clothes to wash or dishes to do, even if it takes me forever to fold our laundry.

The trash goes out, we don't leave food around. We're trying to instill better habits in our son, and it's definitely helping us become better house keepers!

I hope you are really proud of yourself, because it's awesome that you've been able to come so far. I definitely don't want my son to feel the same way about our house that I did about mine growing up. I don't keep my house 100% picked up 100% of the time, but sometimes I stop and pat myself on the back for providing a safe, sanitary, comfortable environment for my child.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Confession: I consider closed threads personal invitations to read them - I know something entertaining must have happened in it! Totally going to check out the fast food one now...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

Likewise. It drives my husband nuts because I will not leave the house without one on. :( So now I have a few that I will alternate between washing, wearing, et cetera.

I'm curious. Are all these the spanx brand, or do you just mean shapewear? Isn't spanx rather expensive? I like underwear with some suck in power, but don't want to shell out for spanx. And, isn't it a bit, ah, tight?

55835802.png

Go to zulily.com and check to see of they have the shapewear on sale. I have bought most of mine there and they are pretty cheap. Yue quality is good.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I get uncomfortable when people say "you should use that website to find out your real bra size then go buy new bras!"

I don't have a lot of spare income. I can't afford to be buying a ton of new nice bras. I'm saving that for GW.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options

Most people are pigs.

38f6oiqflhn9.jpg

I hope you are really proud of yourself, because it's awesome that you've been able to come so far. I definitely don't want my son to feel the same way about our house that I did about mine growing up. I don't keep my house 100% picked up 100% of the time, but sometimes I stop and pat myself on the back for providing a safe, sanitary, comfortable environment for my child.

We both should be proud! :smile: I admit it's frustrating because I like to make mental lists that tend to overwhelm me, and then I get nothing done. -.- But each day I try and do at least 1 or 2 things to make the house look better. Never ending loop of picking up after a 2 year old!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

No worries. You can color grey.
    My poor son is 20 and has been going bald for a year. His hair is half gone. :(

I started finding grey hairs when I was 23. The worst part is I can't colour my hair, it won't hold any dye and ends up looking like straw within a couple weeks (doesn't matter if it's permanent, demi- or semi-permanent). The most recent time I did try to colour it, it didn't cover the grey anyway. :'(

Aw, dang. :(
    I've been coloring my hair since I was in my late 20's. I'm 41 now and have no idea if there's any grey under there or not. I don't wanna know!

I've got this rogue thing going on with my hair right now, I've been going grey since I was 16 but only on the left side of where my hair parts. I have zero sympathy for people who freak out when they find their first grey hair in their late 30's to 40's. I may be heartless lol

I got my first gray hair at birth! No kidding... I was born with one!

I found my first gray hair the other day, I was so upset! What makes it bad, is that it was a pube! Even worse - it was on my pizza!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I get uncomfortable when people say "you should use that website to find out your real bra size then go buy new bras!"

I don't have a lot of spare income. I can't afford to be buying a ton of new nice bras. I'm saving that for GW.

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a nice one if it fits better. You can get a 2 pack at Walmart for $10. That's what I did when I first tried the calculator, just to see how accurate it was. It was dead on, so I ordered one "good" one after, because I know my size changes will be slow going. If I was losing as fast as I did when I was younger, I'd probably stick with walmart til I was done.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just eat cereal for all of my meals. This means I eat a full box of cereal. (protein cereal is best) When all I eat is a protein cereal for the day I do manage to hit my macros because the cereal is high in protein and has decent fiber and my almond milk has some fat.

When I do this, I wake up like a pound or two pounds lighter than my norm because cereal is such a light food.
  • Beast4242
    Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and some days my place looks good but most days it doesn't get clean until after bedtime. And sometimes my wife and I don't really have the energy to clean for an hour after working all day and taking care of the kids, so yeah sometimes it is messy but whatever. Maybe one day I'll make enough to hire a maid but until then Id rather watch Spartacus on Netflix before bed than clean some nights.

I am just glad the subject got off bra's though. So confusing and honestly I just want to hear about people eating powdered hot chocolate and weird stuff like that.

Like my favorite snack at work is 'Peanut butter fingers' (if you are a freinds fan you'll know what this is, just think jar...finger...peanut butter...in my mouth)
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i don't ever track the salt that i add while cooking

i eat dinner at 4:30 on wednesdays (only on wednesdays)

i build in 200 calories for candy every. single. day.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac and can't eat gluten but when I get stressed I crave gluten. Not carbs, or bread, specifically gluten/wheat. If I'm super stressed I will eat a bagel and cream cheese (my former comfort food) and then be in pain for days. Despite all of that, it is totally worth it. I feel so much "better" after. I tried eating a gluten free bagel but its not the same. I know its ridiculous, I know its bad for me (trust me I can feel it), but the craving/desire/urge/whatever is so strong I can't even describe it.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    Confession: What I dub "Breakfast Ramen" is about 1200 calories of deliciousness for the amount I end up eating.

FTR: Breakfast Ramen usually is made in bulk and consists of draining the cooked ramen with seasoning packets, adding a couple tablespoons of mayonaisse (to 6 packets or so) 8oz pork breakfast sausage, a bag of frozen vegetables, a couple of eggs to the hot noodles and plenty of cheese. I also make a smiliar ramen meal with tuna, veggies and cheese.

Soooo good.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

I'm a 32GG and I hate it. It's not due to my weight (5'2, 110lbs) I'm so uncomfortable and I've been thinking about going to the docs for a while now. I've done loads of research and the only thing bothering me is the scarring..

I have scars, looks like my nipples are crying but they've faded and nobody but my husband sees them. I'm a 34D and don't have to wear a bra. I told him to jack them way up so they would never fall down. Best move I've ever made.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

Wow, really? Just curious - do you know why? I think it's a beautiful shade from your avatar picture, so I'm truly just being nosy! Feel free to ignore, of course...

She colors her own hair the same color and just started doing mine when she did hers. I thought it was my natural color until I hit puberty lol. Now I have a professional do it every four weeks. It's damn expensive to keep up with. Roots!