Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.

Agreed!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

I'm a 32GG and I hate it. It's not due to my weight (5'2, 110lbs) I'm so uncomfortable and I've been thinking about going to the docs for a while now. I've done loads of research and the only thing bothering me is the scarring..

Would consider having kids in the future? If so, it might be worth it to wait for a procedure so you don't end up having one twice.

This^^^

I have a friend that had to have it twice for that very reason!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

Growing up we only ever had diet soda in the house. Literally. My sister and I do not drink soda at all ever now, nothing carbonated at all, for decades. Also, the first time I ever tasted regular soda with sugar in it, I was about 11 years old and it tasted so gross to me I spit it all over the sidewalk.......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I pay someone else to clean my house. (I found someone who charges very reasonably.) It was the best thing I ever did. When I come home from work to a clean house, with sparkling floors and no dirty dishes...nirvana!

I have a friend that has a full S&M dungeon in his basement. He has a maid. The funniest thing ever is that he will spend the entire night cleaning the night before she comes each week, because it is ok that he has a dungeon, but God forbid she finds out he is a slob between cleans.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I hate when I find somebody interesting in a thread that I might want to send a FR, but when I go to their page they haven't filled anything out or have it completely locked. How can I know if I want to FR you?!? It makes me sad. :'(

My details are quite boring, actually. Even if they were public (I don't think they are), I would get far more FRs from dazzlingly witty forum posts. You guys are dazzled, right? Guys?

Yup!! :p
  • princesstaina
    Options
    My only confession is that i'm obsessed with fast food but of course I'm doing what I can to quit :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'd love to ride bikes for exercise, but I don't know how! I never learned how to ride a bike and I feel like I'm too old to learn now lol

I never learned either, my father was convinced I would kill myself so I never had a bike!
  • spiritfire13
    spiritfire13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I've been feeling lost as of late.

Is there any way we can help?

Having someone to talk to would be awesome.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had a really busy week and just saw there are 25+ pages and 650 new comments....I am gonna be here a while!

I keep a big drawer of candy in my room. My kids know where it is, and dip into it from time to time, but I have it in my room so they do not mindlessly eat it. What happens then is they see it, and want to pick at it out of habit and then I eat at it in 'competition' so I get some. This way we each only dip into it when we really want to.

I wear my worse bras and clothes in general to work. I do not really care what I look like at work (for the most part, as long as I am clean)....so I do not want to 'waste' good clothes there. I see people talking bra size and I wear an H cup, and those are not cheap, so I do not want to stretch out a good bra wearing it daily to work. So, my oldest bra is my work bra, my second oldest is for when I am running errands and my newest few are for everything else. They get passed down the line as they get stretched out and I buy new ones.

Speaking of which, I have TONS of clothes that I have never worn, even with tags still on them. I buy new clothes at a normal rate, but will buy six pairs of pants, and only wear two of them for months at a time. I do laundry 2-3 times per week, so rarely break into anything new.

I am still dying for some chocolate, bugs me almost daily. I have bought chocolate I want to eat on Easter after dinner already.

I bought some of that cookie butter, I have not tried it yet, but it is there.....thanks for the suggestion guys lol

My hair is super dry, after reading all the comments about shampooing too often I wonder if that is why....but I do not feel as clean without washing my hair....what to do, what to do....

I want to hear more about the 3 puddings for guests as well, but never thought to ask! I hope she shares!

I do not shave. Pretty much at all. Once or twice a summer I MIGHT shave my underarms, but only because I swim a lot and for some reason will get an odor if I have too much hair there, but only if I have been swimming a lot. You cannot even tell I do not shave my legs, when I tell people that, they are always in disbelief. I am Italian, and have almost no body hair at all, it is actually kinda weird.

OK, now it is 3am and I NEED SLEEP.....last time I do not look at the thread for a week....ugh
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last week I ate a whole box of caramel delight girl scout cookies in one day. I tend to find myself eating when bored and I will skip put in entries in mfp on purpose.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    In my quest to find a creative way of eating a can of tuna, I added it to a bowl of instant noodles. So far so good. Yesterday...I left out the noodles. So this "recipe" is now: can of tuna, hot water, ginger, pepper, garlic, masala. I can't tell if I really think it's quite tasty, or have such crap food habits that I think anything is tasty, really, and i'm just pleased with this one as it nicely contributes to macros.

I stopped by the offices we're refurbishing with and organization I volunteer with late last night to pick up some stuff, and saw we left chocolate rolls at our little construction site...on Friday morning - and I felt rather proud of myself for not grabbing at least one.

In general, I seem to have no bar for food. Nothing is disgusting, nothing is too old, too greasy, too anything. Everyone said those chocolate rolls were a greasy mess on Friday - I thought they were great. I wish sometimes I could be a picky eater, and have something in front of me and just not want it, even beyond the issue of eating when not hungry. I grew up in a (post-Soviet) home that was extremely strict about throwing away or turning up one's nose at anything. I recognize it's a good principle, but I'm sure it also contributes to my food issues these days. It also, well, makes me feel unfeminine. I sometimes feel like some strange blob next to women who can delicately put aside this or that.

Just a note on throwing out food, because it came up earlier: western countries throw away between a third and half of all our food. It's the leftovers on your plate and that stuff you left in the fridge until it got mouldy. But it's mostly the stuff that got thrown out at the end of the big conference, and by the bakery at the end of the day and the supermarket at the end of the week. And by factories and even farms. So it's wasteful and consumerist, yes, but it's also systemic and waaaay bigger than your half-jar of peanut butter that you don't want in the house anymore. Is it wasteful to throw it away? A little. But if what it requires for you to change the way you eat in the long run - to cooking more, to portion control, to fresh ingredients, to genuinely less waste - is to throw out that jar now? I say go for it.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the craze around Gitl Scout Cookies, I've tried a couple different types and think they are gross! Even my kids won't eat them. It drives me insane that my husband buys them from his coworkers and brings them home where they sit on the shelf in the pantry for months before I end up tossing them in the trash. I always end up feeling mean when the girls are trying to sell them outside the store and I won't buy any, but unlike my hubby I refuse to buy food I'm just going to toss.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If I feel like my measurements are getting bigger I'll pull out my corsets and wear them as tight as I can without pain for a day or two until I feel like it prevented the extra growth.
    I'll even sleep in it if I'm really worried.
    Note: due to my scoliosis discovery I don't sleep in them anymore.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."
    This makes me feel so much better. I'm shameless on food stuff but it's good to know I'm not the only one.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    Confession 3: I really really miss beer...I wish I saved up more calories for my nightly beer. My husband home-brews so we always have such good beer on tap at home, but I rarely get to drink it without cheating. ='(

I know the feeling! However a few months in it gets easier and you'll be able to fit it in. Depends on what he brews it even gets better as it has had time to condition. :-) I know: I homebrew as well.

My confession for today: I can't say screw it and take a break for even one day. I had a co-worker over cooked corned beef and cabbage with potatoes, etc. I pre logged everything and guessed my cooked portions besti could and made sure to log more than I thought I had, keeping to my goals: this way when I hang out on Tuesday when I hang out with buds I won't feel guilty about taking a break from living as it's just one day.

Now I'm sitting here at 4am planning the rest of my meals for Tuesday so that I can for it all in and know I will still log, driving myself nuts trying to guess my portions.

I keep saying I do great all week, I've surpassed my goal and will have these "Screw It Sundays" where I just don't log as I eat out a meal or two... nope. Can't stop, must log.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the craze around Gitl Scout Cookies, I've tried a couple different types and think they are gross!.

They used to be a lot better... but last time I bought... that was when my sister was a scout twenty plus years ago.
  • Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    Confession 1: I don't eat healthy! There I said it. I have a friend who dropped 100 pounds last year and I'm very proud of him. I assumed he was eating healthy and exercising. Nope. He confided in me that he still eats like *kitten*, but just...less of it. I was so amazed that one could do this. I had always thought to lose weight it was salads and bland baked chicken and brussles sprouts for life, but then I decided I could try to lose weight if I could do it that way. I'd tried the healthy eating approach before and always fell off the wagon. Now I still eat my favorite foods, but in small portions and drink water instead of calorie-costing drinks. I've lost eight in the month or so I've been on this track. It's awesome.
    My god, are you me? I came here to say exactly this! Thank God I'm not the only one. My food today consisted of Fruit Loops and pizza. Stayed within calories, and that's all I'm focusing on right now. Literally all I'm focusing on. Don't care about macros or any of that noise. So, I guess my confession is, I'm not doing this for health. For me, it's all about the way I look.

• Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I had haggis (and tattie scones) for breakfast, a piece of banana & white chocolate cake (at a cat cafe no less!), a 3 course lunch (venison meatballs!) and a 7 course tasting menu. I didn't log any of it. Birthdays rock!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I missed lunch today and just ate a bowl of choc orange ice cream to get my calories over 1000 for the day so I could complete my diary, which was pointless because it is calculated on my last check in, from which I'm about 2.5kg up due to days of eating crap. I think I just needed to see a significantly lower number on the 5 week projection to give me a bit of a boost.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love catching up on this thread but tend to kind of speed read and then see a one liner which grabs me so read further waiting for the comeback, the questions and the detail. Makes me chuckle how some just seem to get passed by...

Point in question:
    I have two boyfriends

Tell us more!