Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I have the Talenti Southern Butter Pecan to try tonight. Good?

Incredible in my opinion.

Yay! Can't wait.
    I'm probably going to get kicked out for saying this, but:

The Haagen Dazs salted caramel is better than the Talenti salted caramel.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it, either.

It's good! It's really creamy and has a fairly strong caramel flavor.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

How is the Caramel Cookie Crunch? Has anyone had it?

NDJ is the only person I've ever heard say that they really liked that one. It's good but imo there are better caramel cookie ice creams to be had for less calories. It didn't wow me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

I feel like I need a do-over with this one, because mine was a little gritty almost all the way through, like maybe it melted and refroze, or was freezer burned. When I got toward the bottom, I liked it better.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I am curious on the Caramel Cookie Crunch too - I have a pint in my freezer but haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it is good - I love their chocolates but was less excited by the Salted Caramel (good but didn't floor me).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I just scooped through my entire pint of gelato - nothing resembling chocolate covered caramel. I'm so disappointed.

Oh no! That's no good. I agree you should contact Talenti and see if they'll send you a refund or a voucher.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I am curious on the Caramel Cookie Crunch too - I have a pint in my freezer but haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it is good - I love their chocolates but was less excited by the Salted Caramel (good but didn't floor me).

That cookie crunch one left me completely underwhelmed.

Oh now I am sad - it was between that and Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream and I went with the Caramel Cookie. Well maybe if my expectations are low it will seem better. What I really want is some Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans but I couldn't find it at the store I go to. I have to switch back to my other store to find it I think. I just wish they had a gelato version of it - I really do prefer gelato to ice cream just because of the texture.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Tried a bit of the Ricotta Fig last night. Very good - very creamy and rich. Both the ricotta and fig flavors were a little muted by vanilla and cinnamon in the ice cream, but it was very, very yummy as was.

Side note: Not sure how to log it. The pint lists a serving size as 4 oz (88g). Of course, 88g is only a bit over 3 oz. Emailed the creamery but I am guessing that the serving size should actually be 1/2 cup (88g).

Made it to McConnell's last night and had the churro con leche and tasted the olive oil and salted almond and also their mint chocolate. All so good. If anyone here is ever in Santa Barbara or Ventura, don't miss McConnell's! (PS, didn't see the chocolate covered strawberry but want to try it)

Eta, oh, they have a turkish coffee too like Mission Hill. They actually had like 3 different coffee flavors <3
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

NDJ is the only person I've ever heard say that they really liked that one. It's good but imo there are better caramel cookie ice creams to be had for less calories. It didn't wow me.

I am like the lone voice in the wilderness….
  • ndj1979
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

bro, you are in jail, you should be happy with whatever you get!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

as noted, I freaking love the caramel cookie crunch …but I seem to be in the minority on that ….
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »

Tried a bit of the Ricotta Fig last night. Very good - very creamy and rich. Both the ricotta and fig flavors were a little muted by vanilla and cinnamon in the ice cream, but it was very, very yummy as was.

Side note: Not sure how to log it. The pint lists a serving size as 4 oz (88g). Of course, 88g is only a bit over 3 oz. Emailed the creamery but I am guessing that the serving size should actually be 1/2 cup (88g).

Made it to McConnell's last night and had the churro con leche and tasted the olive oil and salted almond and also their mint chocolate. All so good. If anyone here is ever in Santa Barbara or Ventura, don't miss McConnell's! (PS, didn't see the chocolate covered strawberry but want to try it)
    You went to McConnell's?????? Man, I've been dying to taste that Churro flavor.

It was amazing. I was having a hard time deciding but how can you pass up churro ice cream?!?!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Caramel Cookie Crunch just sounds like it should be awesome, so I keep buying it, and continue to be disappointed. Strange... What's that saying about repeating the same behavior and expecting different results?

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Oh now I am sad - it was between that and Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream and I went with the Caramel Cookie. Well maybe if my expectations are low it will seem better. What I really want is some Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans but I couldn't find it at the store I go to. I have to switch back to my other store to find it I think. I just wish they had a gelato version of it - I really do prefer gelato to ice cream just because of the texture.

Totally should've gone with the Steve's. I love that one.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Caramel Cookie Crunch just sounds like it should be awesome, so I keep buying it, and continue to be disappointed. Strange... What's that saying about repeating the same behavior and expecting different results?

I thought about buying it again just to see if the next one would be gritty, but if you're getting the same thing every time, I think I'll just skip it. See, I learn from other's mistakes!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »

Eta, oh, they have a turkish coffee too like Mission Hill. They actually had like 3 different coffee flavors <3

If I had seen Churro con Leche where I found my McConnell's I would have gotten that for sure. I guess now a new treasure hunt is underway!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Ditto. Same for the chocolate cookie dough one.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Ditto. Same for the chocolate cookie dough one.

I just tasted the Cookie Dough, just gross. Really bad. Kind of want to throw it out the window at a passing car.

Did it taste like really strong vanilla extract? That's what I was tasting the most.