Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Shared this in the group but I will add it here as well. Picked these up just now and am excited to try them.

C7j3JZf.jpg?1

Yum
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have the Talenti Southern Butter Pecan to try tonight. Good?

Incredible in my opinion.

Yay! Can't wait.
    I'm probably going to get kicked out for saying this, but:

The Haagen Dazs salted caramel is better than the Talenti salted caramel.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it, either.

It's good! It's really creamy and has a fairly strong caramel flavor.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

How is the Caramel Cookie Crunch? Has anyone had it?

I am curious on the Caramel Cookie Crunch too - I have a pint in my freezer but haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it is good - I love their chocolates but was less excited by the Salted Caramel (good but didn't floor me).

That cookie crunch one left me completely underwhelmed.

Ditto. Same for the chocolate cookie dough one.

I just tasted the Cookie Dough, just gross. Really bad. Kind of want to throw it out the window at a passing car.

Did it taste like really strong vanilla extract? That's what I was tasting the most.

Yeah now that you mention that I think it is a great way to describe it. I actually took my spoon and gutted til he entire middle looking for cookie dough and found none. Lame.

I think I've gotten one or two pieces of cookie dough out of each serving. I still have one left. I should just eat it now and get it over with.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's sad to hear something cookie dough flavored be so disappointing.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Yeah, you get it and let me know. I never buy HD. Doesn't call to me.

I'll see if they have the singles. I'm sure @dragonmaster69‌ will help me eat it if I "have" to get a pint.

I typed a reply and posted it but I have no clue what happened to everything I said????

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.
    Okay, last time. I am having enough trouble cleaning out my own freezer! Though I will gladly provide my services if some ice cream or gelato needs to take a...permanent vacation. I'm working on finishing Candy Bar Pie b&j this week...there's just so many calories and it's so good that I don't want just one serving....

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I'll see if they have the singles. I'm sure @dragonmaster69‌ will help me eat it if I "have" to get a pint.

I typed a reply and posted it but I have no clue what happened to everything I said????

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.
    Okay, last time. I am having enough trouble cleaning out my own freezer! Though I will gladly provide my services if some ice cream or gelato needs to take a...permanent vacation. I'm working on finishing Candy Bar Pie b&j this week...there's just so many calories and it's so good that I don't want just one serving....

Since the Safeway by my office let me down and didn't have the new Talenti flavors, I picked up a pint of HD sea salt caramel gelato and a pint of Steve's Southern Banana Pudding, because I needed a do-over. The one I left at my bff's melted when their freezer died, and the cookies got mushy. I was actually surprised to see Steve's at Safeway. They didn't have any of the single serve sizes of HD. I still haven't seen the Candy Bar Pie, but maybe that's a good thing. I'll be back with my review of the HD sea salt caramel! Going to scoop it now.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

How is the Caramel Cookie Crunch? Has anyone had it?

I am curious on the Caramel Cookie Crunch too - I have a pint in my freezer but haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it is good - I love their chocolates but was less excited by the Salted Caramel (good but didn't floor me).

That cookie crunch one left me completely underwhelmed.

Ditto. Same for the chocolate cookie dough one.

I just tasted the Cookie Dough, just gross. Really bad. Kind of want to throw it out the window at a passing car.

Just don't hit Jack Black or Leo might end up going on an adventure

anchorman-tossit_528_poster.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Here's what I think of Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato. There's no chocolate, so in comparison to Talenti, it already lost points there. :wink: For me, the caramel was pretty overwhelming and left me with a sugary taste on my tongue. The first few bites were good, but it was overly sweet to me. Almost like eating a mouthful of Brach's caramels, but cold and creamier. Of course I can't waste ice cream/gelato, so I'll still finish it, but I'll stick with Talenti.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

Since the Safeway by my office let me down and didn't have the new Talenti flavors, I picked up a pint of HD sea salt caramel gelato and a pint of Steve's Southern Banana Pudding, because I needed a do-over. The one I left at my bff's melted when their freezer died, and the cookies got mushy. I was actually surprised to see Steve's at Safeway. They didn't have any of the single serve sizes of HD. I still haven't seen the Candy Bar Pie, but maybe that's a good thing. I'll be back with my review of the HD sea salt caramel! Going to scoop it now.

They have Steve's at our Safeway too now. They also have the Yuengling ice creams!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

They have Steve's at our Safeway too now. They also have the Yuengling ice creams!

Get OUT!!! Hot damn. :smiley:
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

I'm thinking of surprising Jack and getting him the Rootbeer Flavor :) persoanlly, I just want that chocolate...but he puts up with my flavor choices the rest of the time
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure but the temporary OP of this thread seems to be trying to compete with Leo for overall cuteness. Now that little kitten is cute but he's no Leo, imo.

Kitten is cute but definitely not as cute as locked up Leo, good thing Wicket isn't competing it would be a tough call
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I just came back from Shop Rite. I am so disappointed. I had bad timing There was nothing good there to tempt me. It looks like I arrived at a time the really need to restock. The entire ice cream department was completely picked over.

Sadness. So much sadness.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

I'm thinking of surprising Jack and getting him the Rootbeer Flavor :) persoanlly, I just want that chocolate...but he puts up with my flavor choices the rest of the time

You're a good girlfriend. :smile:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie?
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

Welp, surprise ruined...I left my phone charger at your house and I had to plug a usb into my computer, so I figured I'd just look at the forums on here and as I'm reading comments on this post Jack says "well, I'm not surprised anymore." I thought he was talking about something else until I realized he could see my comment about the rootbeer ice cream :( oh well..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Anyway,

IT DID IT AGAIN.

Welp, surprise ruined...I left my phone charger at your house and I had to plug a usb into my computer, so I figured I'd just look at the forums on here and as I'm reading comments on this post Jack says "well, I'm not surprised anymore." I thought he was talking about something else until I realized he could see my comment about the rootbeer ice cream :( oh well..

Aaaaah dammit. Well, get it anyway. And HIDE it!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So I finally tried the Salted Caramel Peanut Talenti.
    tumblr_m4eqn81BWT1qdnsr8.gif

It's like Caramel Cookie Crunches slightly hotter sister only because peanuts. Otherwise....snooze.