Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Confession: I love crimped hair and truly wish it would make a comeback.
    Awesome, now I won’t feel so silly. Thank you “tincan” (sorry I had to do the quotes thing :))!
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    My father in law calls leftovers "used food" and doesn't eat them. It's a win for me, every time I go over there, I get my pick of some pretty decent meals. The man loves to eat good food!
    I try to only cook for one day at a time. If I go out to eat, I give my leftovers to someone else (usually my boyfriend gets them). I do not like to waste food.

AgentOrange-are those peeps in Twinkies with chocolate pretzels in your avatar picture? I want one!

Confession: Sometimes I think something must be wrong with me. I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 11 years but he won’t marry me. I don’t want to be one of those girls that nags someone to get married. I know it is just a paper but it is something I actually want in life.
  • tabathamason80
    tabathamason80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a closet emotional binge eater
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Awesome, now I won’t feel so silly. Thank you “tincan” (sorry I had to do the quotes thing :))!
    My father in law calls leftovers "used food" and doesn't eat them. It's a win for me, every time I go over there, I get my pick of some pretty decent meals. The man loves to eat good food!
    I try to only cook for one day at a time. If I go out to eat, I give my leftovers to someone else (usually my boyfriend gets them). I do not like to waste food.

AgentOrange-are those peeps in Twinkies with chocolate pretzels in your avatar picture? I want one!

Confession: Sometimes I think something must be wrong with me. I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 11 years but he won’t marry me. I don’t want to be one of those girls that nags someone to get married. I know it is just a paper but it is something I actually want in life.

Does he know this? If so, what does he say? My personal opinion is that as long as he is fully committed to you then that is great. BUT, if marriage is very important to you then I hope you two can work it out because 11 years is a long time! Good luck!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Why yes yes they are, with mini-golden cookie oreo tires.

Confession: the oreos in the yellow package are Golden Cookie, not Vanilla. this irks me.

Clarification, call them golden cookie, don't call them vanilla.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    As much as I care about losing weight to be healthy...

I confess more than anything I want to be hot again.

Messed.

Not messed.

I'd say at least 60% of my motivation is just to look great, aka have a six pack.
    Thing is, I'm a very modest person and never go without a shirt so it would be strictly for my wife's visual enjoyment and for my own personal satisfaction. Except for a handful of dudes who may see me change clothes, no one else would ever see it.

Another 15% is that losing the weight and increasing my activity level has just made me feel better and given me more energy/endurance when it comes to sports (pickup basketball with the guys, etc.).

The last 25% is that we're planning to start a family and I want to be as strong as a stinkin' lowlands silverback gorilla so that if we have boys a) they know not to mess with Dad and b) they have a strong healthy example for how to take care of themselves. Also so that if we have girls a) they always know they have a safe place in Daddy's arms and b) so that every punk who wants to date them understands that they had better tread carefully.

Honestly though, the closer I get to reaching my goals and the closer we get to starting a family...the percentages are shifting.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't mind drinking my calories. I think food prep/eating/cleaning up is a time waster and pita and would be thrilled if food came in a one-a-day pill form so I could pop one and be done with it. But it doesn't. So I won't.

http://www.soylent.me/

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the makers and/or sellers of this product. I just think it's neat. I like food way too much to go all shake, but I've heard some people are living on nothing but soylent. The future is now!

I'm strongly considering buying some when my neurologist switches my medication. I totally realize it's strange, but the idea of it just appeals to me.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I don't mind drinking my calories. I think food prep/eating/cleaning up is a time waster and pita and would be thrilled if food came in a one-a-day pill form so I could pop one and be done with it. But it doesn't. So I won't.

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the makers and/or sellers of this product. I just think it's neat. I like food way too much to go all shake, but I've heard some people are living on nothing but soylent. The future is now!

I'm strongly considering buying some when my neurologist switches my medication. I totally realize it's strange, but the idea of it just appeals to me.

I've got some giant goals in the next 3 years and have considered it myself to remove "proper nutrition" from my todo list, but I think I'd still nosh out all the time and blow my calorie goal every day.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm that *kitten* on Facebook that calls you out when you post a fake quote. Friends, family acquaintances... no one is safe from my fact-checking. No Uncle Jerry, I'm sorry. Thomas Jefferson did not say that about gun control.

Ditto. I have been since the early days.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: Friday is my boss' last day and I'm really looking forward to it because a) he annoys the carp out of me and b) we get cake.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I had waffle, gelato and whipped cream for breakfast. Not sorry.

Yum! I had cake..
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Binge ate hard core last night. Then I was mad at what the scale said this morning :(
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I kind of wish I could go back to when I had a crappy analog scale and had to guesstimate at most of my portion sizes. Lots of people on here kept saying that everyone vastly under-estimates how much they eat so I added to everything. For example, I thought I was eating roughly one tablespoon of peanut butter so I counted it as two (32 grams). Turns out that the amount I like always falls between seven and ten grams. It made losing weight so much easier.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

Go see them!! Jensen Ackles is seriously hot ;) although I can't see him cry now without thinking of "A Single Man Tear". I'd post some gorgeous GIFs of him to encourage you...if I wasn't a tech-idiot and knew how.

Confession, though: I'd be more stoked if the Impala was going to be six hours away from me, and yes, I'd drive over to see it. God, I love that car. LOL.

I am sure I have done this before but always a good time to share again!

tumblr_n7qi81GDmE1sup0kso1_500.gif
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I am Canadian, and have always said ya'll, I get picked on a lot for it

I am also Canadian and get picked on for saying "You's guys". I think it is a rural thing...maybe a Saskatchewan thing? After all, I did not know that "Bunnyhugs" were a Saskatchewan thing until this thread. Star whoosh - the more you know!

That's weird, I was going to add to my post that most Canadians I know use the term "yous" instead of ya'll.....I am in Ontario......

As a Ontarian (?) the word "yous" makes my skin crawl. No one I know uses it but it may be out of fear instead.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm that *kitten* on Facebook that calls you out when you post a fake quote. Friends, family acquaintances... no one is safe from my fact-checking. No Uncle Jerry, I'm sorry. Thomas Jefferson did not say that about gun control.

I will shamelessly Snopes people my newsfeed, too. I have no problem letting someone know they're posting stupid *kitten*.

Or the ones where "If you like and share this post you will get a new iPad". Then I see it on my newsfeed, shared by ten different people...and I sit back and wonder if everyone I know is mental.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm only losing weight so I don't look like my mother and end up attracting someone like her husband. I never want my daughter to experience what I have. I look so much like my mom that I color my hair and keep it cut short. But now I see her body on mine and I want it gone.

Confession 2: I am typing this while trying to pump breast milk. I stopped BF months ago but I am hoping to be able to start re-lactating so I can give my daughter a fighting chance at being smarter than me.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

Go see them!! Jensen Ackles is seriously hot ;) although I can't see him cry now without thinking of "A Single Man Tear". I'd post some gorgeous GIFs of him to encourage you...if I wasn't a tech-idiot and knew how.

Confession, though: I'd be more stoked if the Impala was going to be six hours away from me, and yes, I'd drive over to see it. God, I love that car. LOL.

I think I might do it. had to watch that episode like 4 times. It was so hilarious. My fiance thought I was nuts. They are all nice looking, but I have a thing for Misha. He is so adorable.

Please don't flag me!
    94426dfa872cad963a608a63822c92e7.jpg

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I think I might do it. had to watch that episode like 4 times. It was so hilarious. My fiance thought I was nuts. They are all nice looking, but I have a thing for Misha. He is so adorable.

Please don't flag me!
    94426dfa872cad963a608a63822c92e7.jpg

I could maybe volunteer as tribute.

• selena_teresa
    Options

Soylent Green is people!! (sorry it had to be done)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I will shamelessly Snopes people my newsfeed, too. I have no problem letting someone know they're posting stupid *kitten*.

Or the ones where "If you like and share this post you will get a new iPad". Then I see it on my newsfeed, shared by ten different people...and I sit back and wonder if everyone I know is mental.

Share this if you love your kids! (or some variation).
    I don't need to share some BS on Facebook for my kids to know how I feel about them.