Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I am chronically late. My family will tell me something starts an hour earlier than it actually does so at least there's chance of me being on time.

Me too, I totally run on CP time. However, I generally run like 5-30 minutes late, but I have several friends that can literally be more than two to three hours late for things.....

Then I have those friends that are usually on time and get stressed out when I wander out five minutes late. My boss sometimes claps if I am close to being on time for work......

We would not get along lol. Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are late. I find it very disrespectful.

I hate being late. It's my biggest peeve. And i get really mad when someone makes me late!

That sounds like my husband.
    I'm chronically late... So I have to set alarms for myself to make sure I'm on time somewhere, or awake by a certain time.

I set my alarm to wake me up at 5:00am and 5:30am every morning, but I actually don't get up until 6:00am.

I've had to be at an interview at a certain time, so I set an alarm for what time I had to leave, but before that was my alarm for when I needed to start getting ready.

It was a pain in the beginning to set so many alarms, but now I'm rarely late :)

I am always late. But always in the 15 min category. I swear I don't know how to be on time. Yet I have family that are fanatically on time (my mother). It goes in the "I think I can get one more thing done before I leave" category. On the other hand I hate being early. I hate waiting around. Such a waste of time. And I am not good at social chit chat. I would much rather be late than have to wait. When I arrive everything starts or you have missed all the social crap and intros etc. and can just jump into it.

I have a friend who hates that I am always late, yet she is NEVER ready when I get there?!?!?
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Cats are jerks. Lucky they are fuzzy and addictive. I say addictive because they have few redeeming features, but I can't help but adore them and want more.

Cats are like potato chips...you can't have just one!

• xMrBunglex
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm chronically late... So I have to set alarms for myself to make sure I'm on time somewhere, or awake by a certain time.

Early on in dating I realized my wife was one of these "if I'm 45 minutes late then I'm on time" people.

So, I started telling her things started 1/2 hr early (movies, parties, concerts, etc.), so we'd basically get there on time. She caught on, so then I'd start randomly telling her the correct start times, just to keep her on her toes.

Damn smartphones...it's too easy for her to look these things up herself now!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    My facebook is blowing up from that Indiana thing too...I mean, I live -in- Indiana, but nowhere near that city, so it's like...don't give them more publicity guys. -_-

South Bend news said they shut their doors already. Not sure how they didn't see that coming?

Tonight's confession: my dinner is a sandwich made on pancakes. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more often, except it takes a huge chunk of my calories for the day.

I NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS STAT
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »

I agree, I think MFP should allow you to choose what it announces for you. Protein would be a big one for me!
    It actually does.

Go to Food > Settings
    Then you can choose nutrients tracked and have what works for you. :) You can also have more than three meals, and call those meals anything you choose.

Confession: My meals are named after the mealtimes that Hobbits use in Lord of the Rings (Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper) and I usually have something at each of these times (though I have a tendency to log my afternoon tea under second breakfast out of laziness)

I have three meals and three snacks and I don't like when I don't have something to log under each. But I refuse to lie about it!

Quirks, am I right?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a peep in real life.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    It is 3 o'clock in the afternoon, last day before a 4 day weekend. I haven't done any work for HOURS and I don't plan to until 8am Tuesday morning :smile:
  • xMrBunglex
    Options
    I hurt my back on Saturday, and haven't been able to work out or run, which I do religiously right after work, 5-6x a week.

Today's confession is that it's been so long since I just came home from work, turned on the TV & plopped down on the couch with a snack every day, it's been kinda nice...

...UNTIL I STEPPED ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I am chronically late. My family will tell me something starts an hour earlier than it actually does so at least there's chance of me being on time.

Me too, I totally run on CP time. However, I generally run like 5-30 minutes late, but I have several friends that can literally be more than two to three hours late for things.....

Then I have those friends that are usually on time and get stressed out when I wander out five minutes late. My boss sometimes claps if I am close to being on time for work......

We would not get along lol. Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are late. I find it very disrespectful.

I hate being late. It's my biggest peeve. And i get really mad when someone makes me late!

I set my alarm to wake me up at 5:00am and 5:30am every morning, but I actually don't get up until 6:00am.

I've had to be at an interview at a certain time, so I set an alarm for what time I had to leave, but before that was my alarm for when I needed to start getting ready.

It was a pain in the beginning to set so many alarms, but now I'm rarely late :)

I am always late. But always in the 15 min category. I swear I don't know how to be on time. Yet I have family that are fanatically on time (my mother). It goes in the "I think I can get one more thing done before I leave" category. On the other hand I hate being early. I hate waiting around. Such a waste of time. And I am not good at social chit chat. I would much rather be late than have to wait. When I arrive everything starts or you have missed all the social crap and intros etc. and can just jump into it.

I have a friend who hates that I am always late, yet she is NEVER ready when I get there?!?!?

I understand the awkward social aspect of being early/on time, but I can differentiate between not showing up to a casual party on time and coming late when you are meeting someone for dinner, or a movie, or something else time sensitive.

My in-laws are chronically, maddeningly late. Like, late to my wedding (my mil scheduled her hair appointment at the time I asked her to be at the church, somehow she thought she could do both at the same time), late to my surprise 25th birthday party, late to my son's first birthday, 2 hours late to meet my parents for dinner. They definitely suffer from the "I can fit in one (or twelve) more tasks before I get ready" syndrome. It boggles my mind how little social regard they show for other people.

I only have one child, and I know it gets harder the more you have, but it also drives me crazy when people blame their kids for their lateness. I do have grace for emergencies and catastrophes, but not when they happen every single time, mainly because they aren't anticipated. I know that inevitably as I try to walk out the door, little guy will have a dirty diaper and need an outfit change. So I get ready early enough to deal with it and still be on time. But if it happens 5 time in a row and I still act surprised by it...
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I really don't want to have to commute to. But I'm still going to the interview, a) because I set the appointment to go in, and b) because I need to work on my interviewing skills. I'm a terrible interviewee. Seriously, I freeze up. If it could be an "on the phone" or "texting" interview, I'd do amazing... But face-to-face interviews I fail at every time.

Is it wrong to go just based on the purpose of improving my interview skills?
  • viclrstew
    viclrstew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate for dinner last night and washed it all down with a martini. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I really don't want to have to commute to. But I'm still going to the interview, a) because I set the appointment to go in, and b) because I need to work on my interviewing skills. I'm a terrible interviewee. Seriously, I freeze up. If it could be an "on the phone" or "texting" interview, I'd do amazing... But face-to-face interviews I fail at every time.

Nah. I've been the interviewer many, many times and I see no problem with that. That being said, I wouldn't announce it to them or anything.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Nah. I've been the interviewer many, many times and I see no problem with that. That being said, I wouldn't announce it to them or anything.

Well of course not. Lol
    If the pay was right, I'd definitely consider the commute.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Not in my opinion... and I've been in the position of interviewing job candidates many times.

I will say it would suck from the hiring committee's perspective if we decided you were the absolute best candidate and you then declined the job offer. But, in my experience, people decline jobs for many reasons... it is, after all, entirely your choice to accept or not.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I hurt my back on Saturday, and haven't been able to work out or run, which I do religiously right after work, 5-6x a week.

Today's confession is that it's been so long since I just came home from work, turned on the TV & plopped down on the couch with a snack every day, it's been kinda nice...

...UNTIL I STEPPED ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING

Eeep. :confounded:
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm actually really excited about walking to Mordor. Can we please do it? even Frodo wasn't alone.

I'm in! I'm even built like a Hobbit.

May I go too please?
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »

I agree, I think MFP should allow you to choose what it announces for you. Protein would be a big one for me!
    It actually does.

Go to Food > Settings
    Then you can choose nutrients tracked and have what works for you. :) You can also have more than three meals, and call those meals anything you choose.

Confession: My meals are named after the mealtimes that Hobbits use in Lord of the Rings (Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper) and I usually have something at each of these times (though I have a tendency to log my afternoon tea under second breakfast out of laziness)

Confession: I've been meaning to name my meals after those, but I've been too lazy. Thanks for reminding me :D

I also have to do this!! Awesome idea. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm actually really excited about walking to Mordor. Can we please do it? even Frodo wasn't alone.

I'm in! I'm even built like a Hobbit.

May I go too please?

I think, some one with more wit and humor than me has to start this as a Group and we can all have a nice little 1560 mile jaunt down to Mordor. :smile: I am excluding myself from this because *confession* I don't know how, and I'm a little scared in case it fails.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    uptownplum wrote: »
    This thread is cheaper than therapy.

Sometimes, a little voice in the back of my head tells me not to bother losing weight because I have a very large wardrobe, thanks to a retail job in college. I shudder to think how much it'll cost to replace it all if I drop 5 or 6 sizes. (I try to remind myself that being fat costs more, but dammit, it's hard.)

Me too! Seriously, I have beautiful clothing that I truly love and I'm 27ish pounds down. My old clothes is starting to fall off of me. I know in my heart that I'm supposed to donate it or get rid of it but... I love it! It feels so dumb to admit that but it is true.

I'm still committed but I'll be sad to see some of my lovely clothing go.

Pick a few items that you love and pay to have them altered to a new size that will work for you.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman carrying a giant Peep bunny down the street yesterday and had two thoughts: 1) tincanonastring, and 2) tackling her to the ground to see if it was a plush Peep bunny animal or if it was actually made of marshmallow.

I didn't do the latter, sorry folks :cry: