Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I realized last night I have this issue with feeling guilty if I do well at something. I am doing an agility class with my dog and I was able to pick up the new stuff last night that the other people weren't getting. I felt like one lady in particular was giving me stink eye because she wasn't doing so well (but seriously, who wears flip flops to something they know involves running and direction changes?). The instructor complimented me at the end and it took everything I had to not downplay it.

It kind of sounds like I'm humble bragging, maybe I am, maybe I should just turn it into actual bragging: Me and my dog are doing awesome in agility. Unfortunately I can't seem to allow myself to enjoy it and feel proud of her and I because... well I don't know why.

It's not wrong to feel proud of being good at something, is it?

I think a lot of people, especially women, struggle with this. I know in school, I got excellent grades. I was in the top 2% of my high school graduating class and went to college on a 100% academic scholarship. Most of my friends didn't realize it because I would always pretend like my scores were poor on a test where I may have gotten a 95%. I was embarrassed that some things came so easy to me.

I still downplay my accomplishments to some extent. I've had managers/directors tell me to be more outspoken about what I'm accomplishing, so I'm working on it.

I had this problem when I was younger. In 1st grade I was sent to the 2nd grade class for reading. At that age (for me anyway) that was traumatic! I had no friends, they were all older than me and it singled me out and different. Everyone called me smart and I didn't like that. I struggled. In 2nd grade I was moved to the 3rd grade class and couldn't do it another year, so I acted like I wasn't able to keep up. Looking back that was stupid. Maybe I could have skipped a grade if I'd just stuck with it. Oh well. Live and learn.

I was skipped ahead, not once but twice. The result was that by the time I hit the second year of high school, I was an unpopular 12 year old in a class of 14 year olds, the only crowd that would tolerate me was the out-crowd, and my desperation to fit in made me get into EVERYTHING they were in, as hard as I could. Got into massive conflict with my parents, because I didn't have any friends but the ones 2 years older, but I was 'too young' to do what they did. Cue me becoming a massive delinquent, sneaking out, lying and eventually dropping out of school and moving out of home 2 weeks after my 15th birthday.

I'm successful now, but that took until my 20's. My folks reckon letting me get skipped ahead on the basis of intellect alone was the worst mistake they ever made.

My son is brilliant. He is so bored in school and the suggestion was that he skip a grade. As a December baby, he is already the youngest in his class. We decided against it, knowing that academics was only a small part of the picture. I swear he is the only kid in 7th grade that has not started puberty yet and I can't even imagine what that would be like if he was in an older grade.

See if a class by class option is there. My son and some of his friends are moved up a grade or two for just the subject they're best in. For the last few years of grade school, that means being bused to middle for a first period class, then bused to their school for the rest of the day. They still get the bulk of their time with their friends.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Oh my God. That poor girl and the total you know what. I'd post her text messages on my Facebook page (or her friends wedding Facebook page since she probably has one) for everyone to see. If that story is true it's awful and I feel so bad for that girl. I never heard of a wedding where the bride buys the dress for the bridesmaids?

I know. I feel terrible for the other 7 girls who the bride is excluding. I feel really bad for the OP, it's like seeing her go from excited to crushed in the course of a short thread.

I never post anywhere else but had to weigh in on that one. No pun intended.

I just did too

Your story was great.

I am starting to wonder though if that girl is making this up. What bride excludes the girl who had done most of the planning from the wedding itself? But maybe I am naive.

Thank you....and just for the record, that was 100% true

I wondered if maybe this was made up too....but some woman can be insane like that.....

Oh I never thought your story was made up! It was inspiring. It's great to have wonderful friends and this is a great story on how to personally be a better friend. That was incredibly thoughtful and I am not sure I would have thought to do it. But will if I ever get married now!

BTW might blow up now. Someone just defended the bride. The sharks are circling. Could get funny.

Ooooh. This could turn into a time suck, as I now feel compelled to read past the first couple of pages just for that. Danger!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    tatumtracy wrote: »
    I am so binge eating tonight. I put the dogs in the other room so I would not have any witnesses.
    @tatumtracy I had to LOL at this one a little bit. I have animals too but they sit and beg and want to go on the binge 'adventure' with me. *giggle*
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've lost 14lbs since I have started, despite having a few 'bad' meals, 'bad' days etc. I think I have had a series of 'wooshes'. Gotta love those!

Confession 2: I've been eating cheese that said it expired on the 14th of this month. It tastes fine, looks fine, smells fine ... :blush:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh my God. That poor girl and the total you know what. I'd post her text messages on my Facebook page (or her friends wedding Facebook page since she probably has one) for everyone to see. If that story is true it's awful and I feel so bad for that girl. I never heard of a wedding where the bride buys the dress for the bridesmaids?

I know. I feel terrible for the other 7 girls who the bride is excluding. I feel really bad for the OP, it's like seeing her go from excited to crushed in the course of a short thread.

I never post anywhere else but had to weigh in on that one. No pun intended.

I just did too

Your story was great.

I am starting to wonder though if that girl is making this up. What bride excludes the girl who had done most of the planning from the wedding itself? But maybe I am naive.

Thank you....and just for the record, that was 100% true

I wondered if maybe this was made up too....but some woman can be insane like that.....

Oh I never thought your story was made up! It was inspiring. It's great to have wonderful friends and this is a great story on how to personally be a better friend. That was incredibly thoughtful and I am not sure I would have thought to do it. But will if I ever get married now!

BTW might blow up now. Someone just defended the bride. The sharks are circling. Could get funny.

I can't find anyone defending her?

There was a woman saying she might not realize she was being selfish and there might be a miscommunication. Another jumped on her. But it ended quickly.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Apparently I should not be allowed to have a knife. At work this morning I slit the back of my left index finger wide open. Hello incident report. Hello ER.

I can't be trusted with sharp knives. I have a really nice set of knives in my kitchen, but I use the cheap, dull ones I've always used.
    Hope you're ok.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 pages behind!
  • ethim
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.

I will totally sign up for that...
  • ethim
    Options
    First thing out of the gate this morning. We'll see how this goes.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142061/master-cleanse

You find the best threads!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am having dinner at my parents tonight. They are making the same dish they always make when people are over. It's an okay dish but it is really salty. There is no hope for me staying on track today. At least I get yummy pastry for dessert
  • Sam_Tastic_1
    Sam_Tastic_1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't wash workout clothes every day! I insist that it's because I'm saving water because California is in a drought but....oh well.

add me to the gross club, i only have 2 sports bras - one isnt as supportive and i use it for my walk/baby jog (every day), the other is more supportive and used for zumba and the gym (combined 4 times a week). They get washed once, maybe twice a week (but really, once is more common)

if i eat something that will put me too far over my calorie goals, ill save it and add it to the next day.

i dont always log the diet sodas i drink. (but the reg calorie ones i do). dont ask me why, i dont know LOL

• Sam_Tastic_1
    Sam_Tastic_1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i
  • BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love mac and cheese a little too much.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Invented a new workout today. Instead of using the total gym, you move it around the room 6 times while you rearrange the room. My shoulders are crying.
  • ethim
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

sympathy to you and yours

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I am super excited that I found a song I never knew the name of.....after literally looking for YEARS!! WOOHOO!!

Edited to add, TWO SONGS....got totally lucky!!

Whoo!

I remember I had the hardest time a few years ago trying to remember which song had the do do do do do do part in it. Listening to DirectTV's radio stations the one day I found it & it was Disappear by INXS.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

My vices
    strong black coffee
    VERY dark chocolate

Put them together and you have a perfect meal. : )
  • ethim
    Options
    My deepest desire is to own my own game store. And I don't mean monopoly for xbox. I'm talking Roleplaying, Tabletop board games, miniatures, collectible card games, locked card games, walls packed with product and the tables filled with games. make all my profits from selling Code Red MT Dew and funyons.

More of these are needed x)
  • jhafe1908
    jhafe1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I have to eat other people's food and don't know the calorie count, I would stress out. Afterwards I would graze until bed time with portions growing in sizes and calories. I would go to bed upset and so uncomfortably full.

What has worked two times now is putting my fork down and thinking about how full I feel if I am eating too fast and without thinking. Gives my brain time to connect with my fullness feeling.