Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    I'm going to eat a whole tub of Philadelphia chocolate light, with strawberries for my birthday lunch tomorrow :smile: (its actually not that many calories surprisingly, like 300 I think?!?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member

No, it's all down to anxiety. I know it seems strange, but in kids anxiety presents a lot like ADHD - trouble sitting still, excessive talking, impulsive behavior and along with that the anxious kids get panic attacks and obsessive thoughts. He did do really well and I'm hoping he can continue to try that technique, it was just a little frustrating to hear him put it like that since I have been intimately familiar with all his teachers and office staff for the last five years.

Aw, that sounds so stressful for him. I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks and ocd behaviours (not like typical ocd but non-stop intrusive though). I also have adhd and thus why I asked. I've had anxiety since childhood and two of my sons have it in varying degrees but haven't had too much disruption yet in classroom (interrupting, not focusing, etc). Well, a it's manageable amount for now...sending you best of luck. I might have to try that technique with my own kids!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Confession: I keep hearing 'you can't out exercise a bad diet', but I'm gonna try anyway. :p
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    The randomness of this thread never ceases to entertain.

The chocolate powder post, the peanut butter post and the dirty gym clothes posts seem to be quoted and responded to most often, but occasionally we get a response to the first post of this thread. I don't know why I find that amusing.

Confession: I kind of hate when people respond to a post that is NOT the first post in a thread without quoting it. Mostly because I get confused, especially if the responded-to post is several [hundred] pages back.

Maybe it's just me...

No, not just you. The first part of that post had me confused, since we hadn't been discussing "wearing" anything lol.

For clarification: I did not mean BZAH10's post, since it was an observation, not a response! But it reminded me that we get a lot of "responses" to things on like, Page 6, When we're at 546.
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Russandol wrote: »
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

I do sometimes stop to wonder why I fixate so much on the number on the scale. I mean, no one (apart from nurses at health checkups) has ever asked me point-blank: "How much do you weigh?" Also, for the last two days, I've felt pretty okay about my body in the morning before I stepped on the scale. Then I weigh myself and *poof* goes that good mood. Meh.

I should probably stop weighing myself every day. Make it once a week or go a month without weighing myself at all.

... wow, I sound whiny today. Here, people, have a kitten:
    i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

And thank you for the sympathies, @BZAH10!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm bored at work, guys, I need some distractions!

Me too. I am in Central Time zone.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Confession: I keep hearing 'you can't out exercise a bad diet', but I'm gonna try anyway. :p

lol, I've been trying for almost 4 years. *sigh* It really doesn't work but I wish it did!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Week ends are the worst. Always bored at home but nobody's posting.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member

Have you ever seen what Michael Phelps eats?
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    I've been walking around work with Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be stuck in my head. I hum and sing aloud frequently lol.

I so miss Third Eye Blind. So many great songs.
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    I had a "load weekend" last weekend (bad idea because I just had to re-lose the 4 lbs I lost!) and I baked these amazing delicious Ghirardelli Ultimate brownies in an 8x8 pan. I ate a couple brownies throughout the weekend, my daughter and friend also helped eat the brownies. When Monday came and I was going back to eating at a deficit, I was mad that no one was eating the rest of the brownies! There were probably about 4 left by Monday. So I ate them. ALL OF THEM! Because I needed them out of my sight so I could "focus" on eating "healthy" the rest of the week. Ugh. When will I learn. LOL
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm in mountain time zone, so that means I still have just over 3 hours left of work. :disappointed:
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member

Yes, that is exactly how my day goes, too!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member

I'm in mountain time zone, so that means I still have just over 3 hours left of work. :disappointed:

And I'm in England, so home watching tv after dinner! But when I have to drag myself out of bed for work you'll still be warm and snug under the covers!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    I had a "load weekend" last weekend (bad idea because I just had to re-lose the 4 lbs I lost!) and I baked these amazing delicious Ghirardelli Ultimate brownies in an 8x8 pan. I ate a couple brownies throughout the weekend, my daughter and friend also helped eat the brownies. When Monday came and I was going back to eating at a deficit, I was mad that no one was eating the rest of the brownies! There were probably about 4 left by Monday. So I ate them. ALL OF THEM! Because I needed them out of my sight so I could "focus" on eating "healthy" the rest of the week. Ugh. When will I learn. LOL

I do the same thing, and I get mad because the kids never eat what I make, so I have to eat it. I haven't dared baking anything in a while.
  • BZAH10
    The randomness of this thread never ceases to entertain.

The chocolate powder post, the peanut butter post and the dirty gym clothes posts seem to be quoted and responded to most often, but occasionally we get a response to the first post of this thread. I don't know why I find that amusing.

Confession: I kind of hate when people respond to a post that is NOT the first post in a thread without quoting it. Mostly because I get confused, especially if the responded-to post is several [hundred] pages back.

Maybe it's just me...

No, not just you. The first part of that post had me confused, since we hadn't been discussing "wearing" anything lol.

For clarification: I did not mean BZAH10's post, since it was an observation, not a response! But it reminded me that we get a lot of "responses" to things on like, Page 6, When we're at 546.

I knew what you meant. I'm the same way. The only reason I remember what the first post of this epic thread was about is because it is mentioned at such random times.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    rjtlg2208 wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Thank you for sharing. I literally LOLed and would be/have been guilty of similar things peanut butter related.

:)

I somehow couldn't help adding some narrative 'dialogue', to accompany the 'visual' triggered by the words "drowned the jar in water"... ;)

...in an apartment far, far away... Mr. Peanut's brethren found himself in the midst of a stranglehold the likes of which had only populated his worst nightmare... and there she was... with her hands around his jar's 'neck'... and he could barely hear what she was muttering (and in a kind of exhausted desperation that so often precedes 'actions of last resort'), due to the cacophonic high-decibel blaring of Robert Palmer, in the background, singing Simply Irresistible... along with said PB soon-to-be-drowning-victim having just been plunged in the water (not his 'final resting place', as it turns out, but it would nonetheless be the last earthbound realm in which his final peanut-'breath' 'exhale' would occur (with 'the end' being 'announced' by those almighty final bubbles, what with the sanctuary-like 'tomb' of his jar not having protected him from the thrashing 'waves' of that fresh water 'ocean' (a watery grave, by any other name (were it not for the fact that she had dishes she would be washing soon, and which had precipitated her having 'drawn' his 'last (and only) hot bath')))...

...but there they were -- she with her hands firmly enveloping his jar's 'neck', and 'insisting' that he die... and he, maintaining his 'dignity' to the end (and as only opened and 'drowning' jars of peanut butter could)...

...the last words he heard...were uttered in a fury, and with spittle flying about, to and fro ('twas like rainfall, 'tap-dancing' on his grave)... as she cried to the heavens, "die! -- you torturous legume! -- die a thousand deaths! -- take your lamented calories and irresistibility to 'the other side'! -- get out of my sight! -- leave my cupboard, and take your tanned creaminess with you! -- my tastebuds have issued a temporary restraining order, and *this* is IT!"...

...and with that, a sudden change in demeanor 'came over' her... and her screamed epithets and shouted frustration suddenly became that of a sadness-infused and beleaguered soul 'parting ways' with a long-loved friend... and her words to 'him', from that point on, were a form of kindness-rendered 'last rites'... and the 'ministrations' of one who cared...

..."lo, tho I may not wander with thee unto other taste galaxies, at this time, or in the near future... know that it kills me just the same to do this to you! -- to say a goodbye, for now... and to beckon thy forgiveness... and know that thy passing is being accompanied, in my mind, by the slow and dreadful beat of a hollow drum, and the incessant clanging of a well-struck gong (not unlike that seen in the tv show, "Kung Fu", before some remarkable truth was bestowed upon those who sought 'truth' and wisdom)... though I be not any form of Shaolin monk, I nonetheless remain in possession of spiritual training, from the PB Monastery, and shall recite aphorisms at this time, to 'cleanse' my PB-loving soul... and can only hope that the tears I shall soon shed, while adding to this sinkful of fresh water PB-suffocant, will resist their potential to drown all of humanity -- my heart breaks so... forgive me... I bid you adieu, my beloved PB... rest well, my tasty friend..."

...and with that... she chucked 'him' in the garbage, plunged her trembling hands in the now-deemed-to-be-dishwater(/-former-Sea-of-Goodbye), and heard her subconscious mind insistively state, "you shall never speak of this, save for any perchance encounter with a Confessions thread, in which judgment shall not be passed..." -- and with that, she went about her days... while harboring this secret... and found herself burdened by it... until... that one fateful day... when her actions were 'conveyed to the world' -- and (much to her surprise) she was not only *not* judged, or in any way 'on the receiving end' of negativity... but her actions were, in fact, celebrated... and became 'the stuff' of lore...

...and thus... that is how... The Legend of the Drowned Peanut Butter came to find its birthplace, and was to forevermore be acknowledged with understanding, acceptance, and lonely jelly jars 'the land over'...

;)
  • BZAH10
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

I do sometimes stop to wonder why I fixate so much on the number on the scale. I mean, no one (apart from nurses at health checkups) has ever asked me point-blank: "How much do you weigh?" Also, for the last two days, I've felt pretty okay about my body in the morning before I stepped on the scale. Then I weigh myself and *poof* goes that good mood. Meh.

I should probably stop weighing myself every day. Make it once a week or go a month without weighing myself at all.

... wow, I sound whiny today. Here, people, have a kitten:
    i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

And thank you for the sympathies, @BZAH10!

Kitten!!! THAT is what my scale is missing! I have a food scale similar to that that I've never used. It sits on top of my fridge. Now every time I see it I'll picture it with a kitten in it.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I was a bit of a tomboy my youth, and used to pride myself on my spitting skills.

It does drive me crazy that my husband (lifelong baseball player) spits everywhere, with little discretion. I hate, hate, hate it when he spits on the sidewalk, or right outside a building entrance.

I hate when people spit in public. I can sometimes having it be necessary (if you ate a bug, or you are doing a vigorous run or something) but it's gross. The gym I used to go to had an indoor track, and there was one guy who would just spit on the track. So disgusting. If you feel you must spit, at least use one of the garbage cans in each corner.

What?! Indoors? Nasty!