Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

Yep hence the about to be 4.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

I always find it so interesting what people name their pets! I've had pets with people names (i.e. my first dog was Sam), but my current pets have 'animal' names - my husky in the photo is Jazz, and my cats are Tadpole and Purranha (long story- started with a cat named Catfish because my dad waded into our creek to 'fish' her out!).

My mom almost always names her pets animal names, with two exceptions: she had a husky named Nikki when she was in high school/college, and a cat named Delilah for a while (yes, we then had Sam(pson) and Delilah in the same house!)

So, my mastiff is Antigone Grace. People name or pet name? I love the name Antigone (Ann-tig-oh-nee for anyone wondering how to pronounce. Antigone is a Greek tragedy written by Sophocles.) I wanted to name a little girl Antigone if we had one, but had a boy. Grace because as a puppy, she wasn't. :D

Hahaha! I LOVE that name! And, I love mastiffs! Any pictures you can share?

We call her Tig for short.

5f3e0a65-c4ea-49a5-8132-34ac62ff19fc_zpsnfwf97mw.jpg

And so the cat isn't jealous... Her name is Lucky (son named her. I wanted to name her Maui.)

mgemqak67czt.jpg

They are both adorable :heart:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm

Since he hasn't gotten sick from it perhaps it's actually helping him build an immune system! One time when my youngest son was about 2 yrs. old I walked into the living room and saw him dunking his toothbrush into the fish tank and brushing his teeth. He survived, thankfully.
    I once found my son - aged about 9 months - chewing on the toilet brush. I needed therapy after that!

Oh, gag! I tell you, I think these kids actually need all those germs sometimes. Last Saturday night we went to a street fair with step-daughter, son-in-law, and the grandbabies (a 2 yr. old girl and a 6 mo. old boy). We were standing by a booth where we bought food and were eating and the baby chucked his bottle out of the stroller and it landed in the dirty bucket of water the vendor was using to clean with. It was gray and murky. SIL grabbed it out, wiped it on his shorts and handed it back to the baby. All was fine and well. (Good thing for the parents because as I grandparent I was already gasping in horror and trying, in slow motion to react, when SIL took care of the whole thing in a matter of seconds.)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    A lot of my pets already had names when I got them. Growing up on a farm, I've had hundreds of cats and tens of dogs in my lifetime. Every one of them had a name. My current animals:

Dog: Macy (inherited name. I adopted her last year, she was 11 years old and in rough shape at the time).
    Siamese cat: Max (inherited name)
    White cat: Snowball (named by a former stepdaughter, my kids hate this name and call him Fat Man).
    Calico: Charlotte (inherited name)
    Black cat: Steve (Steve is a girl. She's named for the monkey on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My sister, I find, is really good at naming pets. She named almost all of our pets growing up (the only one I named was our cat Libby). Our golden retriever was BooBoo, a cat was Fuzz, one of our guinea pigs was Wiggles, cats named Taloose and ClairaBelle.

Taloose was my baby!! He sadly died from some common disease that kills young cats (Libby died from the same stupid disease). He used to wait for me to get home and then we'd cuddle on the couch together. If I put my lips in front of his face he'd lean forward and rub his face against them :love: He didn't want to ever be put down, and he was the most gorgeous cat too! :(

I now have quite the soft spot for orange kitties :tongue:

I also admit that I give tons of nicknames to pets. Taloose went by Boosy, Goosy, Taloosey, Baby, Baby boy, etc. Mostly Boosy, for some reason.
    ClairaBelle (who is still living) goes by Claire, Clairabear, Clairababy, etc etc etc.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I skipped drinking my protein shake for breakfast so I could eat Jimmy John's guilt free for lunch today. I will NOT be making my protein goal today. Oh well.

Also, I'm peeved because I have a significant deficit this week, but I'm heavier than I was last week when I had my whoosh. Why does my body hate me?!

Oh, and my stepdaughter finally made an appearance after not having seen hide nor hair of her for a week. I didn't see or talk to her last night as I was afraid of what might fly out of my mouth. I chose to go to bed instead. Wise decision on my part, I think.

Your husband really needs to man up and lay down some ground rules. This girl is never going to learn respect if somebody doesn't teach her what it means. Not that it's any of my business.

Very wise decision to go to bed. If you're anything like me, I would have told her all of the things he should be telling her and she would ignore me and it would make everything even more tense. :/
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I confess... That I haven't ever made a really deep or meaningful confession here. Everyone else seems to relate to each other so much, and I feel like an outcast; in my mind, at least, I'm certain that if I were to make a deeper confession that would leave me vulnerable, I'd be targeted for bullying or judged harshly by everyone here.

I have to admit that I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, or if I'm making sense at all. :) Does anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just the anxiety talking? I don't know that either!

You are not an outcast. I think the way this thread goes, there are just some conversations that not everyone can relate too. Which isn't a problem. We can pick up in another topic :smile:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oops. Quote my own post by accident
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

I always find it so interesting what people name their pets! I've had pets with people names (i.e. my first dog was Sam), but my current pets have 'animal' names - my husky in the photo is Jazz, and my cats are Tadpole and Purranha (long story- started with a cat named Catfish because my dad waded into our creek to 'fish' her out!).

My mom almost always names her pets animal names, with two exceptions: she had a husky named Nikki when she was in high school/college, and a cat named Delilah for a while (yes, we then had Sam(pson) and Delilah in the same house!)

So, my mastiff is Antigone Grace. People name or pet name? I love the name Antigone (Ann-tig-oh-nee for anyone wondering how to pronounce. Antigone is a Greek tragedy written by Sophocles.) I wanted to name a little girl Antigone if we had one, but had a boy. Grace because as a puppy, she wasn't. :D

Oh my!! I just fell in love with your dog!!! I don't know if I will be able to talk my husband into getting me another Mastiff. I love them so!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My confession is I wish the gym wouldn't allow kids in the pool. There are so many pools around that people could go to, I just don't understand why private gyms have to allow it too. If there was even one around that didn't it would be a serious factor for me. Today there were lessons in the pool and it was down to 2 lanes. I nearly put my swim off completely when I saw all the kids in the changing rooms, and cut it down from my planned 30 to 20 minutes because it was so loud. I went into the steam room and it was still really loud. Please tell me I'm not the only person who hates this!

No, you're not the only one. I do think there should be some places that are child-free. I know some fancier restaurants have this rule, and we have a movie theater that has an 18+section - no, it's not "those" kinds of movies :wink: , but they serve alcohol. There are plenty of places that allow and cater to kids, I don't see any reason why there can't be places for adults only.

LOL at bolded. I agree on adults only places. I want an adults only bouncy house!
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I skipped drinking my protein shake for breakfast so I could eat Jimmy John's guilt free for lunch today. I will NOT be making my protein goal today. Oh well.

Also, I'm peeved because I have a significant deficit this week, but I'm heavier than I was last week when I had my whoosh. Why does my body hate me?!

Oh, and my stepdaughter finally made an appearance after not having seen hide nor hair of her for a week. I didn't see or talk to her last night as I was afraid of what might fly out of my mouth. I chose to go to bed instead. Wise decision on my part, I think.

This. Make sense, body! I'm feelin' ya.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    A lot of my pets already had names when I got them. Growing up on a farm, I've had hundreds of cats and tens of dogs in my lifetime. Every one of them had a name. My current animals:

Dog: Macy (inherited name. I adopted her last year, she was 11 years old and in rough shape at the time).
    Siamese cat: Max (inherited name)
    White cat: Snowball (named by a former stepdaughter, my kids hate this name and call him Fat Man).
    Calico: Charlotte (inherited name)
    Black cat: Steve (Steve is a girl. She's named for the monkey on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).

My best friend has a dog named Steve (he's a boy, obviously) and one named Doug, who is also male. She also had a bird named Barry, as in Gibb, who she found out was actually a female shortly before she laid and egg and died. It was a very sad situation.

• ShibaEars
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

ETA: She's walked by 3 times in the 5 minutes since I posted this :angry:
  • MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My sister, I find, is really good at naming pets. She named almost all of our pets growing up (the only one I named was our cat Libby). Our golden retriever was BooBoo, a cat was Fuzz, one of our guinea pigs was Wiggles, cats named Taloose and ClairaBelle.

Taloose was my baby!! He sadly died from some common disease that kills young cats (Libby died from the same stupid disease). He used to wait for me to get home and then we'd cuddle on the couch together. If I put my lips in front of his face he'd lean forward and rub his face against them :love: He didn't want to ever be put down, and he was the most gorgeous cat too! :(

I also admit that I give tons of nicknames to pets. Taloose went by Boosy, Goosy, Taloosey, Baby, Baby boy, etc. Mostly Boosy, for some reason.
    ClairaBelle (who is still living) goes by Claire, Clairabear, Clairababy, etc etc etc.

I also do this. Owen's nickname when he was much fatter was Fatty McButter Pants, and Lucy's nicknames are Lulu, Lucy Lulu, or sometimes just Lu.

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.

^^that!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Your husband really needs to man up and lay down some ground rules. This girl is never going to learn respect if somebody doesn't teach her what it means. Not that it's any of my business.

Very wise decision to go to bed. If you're anything like me, I would have told her all of the things he should be telling her and she would ignore me and it would make everything even more tense. :/

I sound a lot like you.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So, my last few confessions have been pretty negative thoughts about my weight and food. And this week my mom pretty much kicked my butt out of my state of denial. I'm displaying way too many symptoms of anorexia to the point I just can't deny it. :confused:

I am getting a lot of support from my family, and I am going to make efforts to seek medical help. I do have thoughts about lowering my calories even though I shouldn't. I do still think I'm overweight sometimes.

I'm kind of angry and annoyed with myself for letting myself get here and not exactly have the courage to eat more. I'm already thinking my goal weight (110 lbs @ 5'4") is 'too heavy' even though it's not. :frowning:

Thanks for listening!

I am glad you are getting help! 110 for 5'4 is too skinny. I am currently 127lbs at 5'3.5 and every keeps telling me I am too skinny. I want to get to 125 but years ago I got to 115 and I can attest that wasn't sustainable and I couldn't keep it that low. I was basically starving myself. I am fairly solid regardless, but even with tiny bones that would be tough.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

She might just like you and want to be friends. That's why she's hanging round hoping you might start a conversation, because she is shy to.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I also do this. Owen's nickname when he was much fatter was Fatty McButter Pants, and Lucy's nicknames are Lulu, Lucy Lulu, or sometimes just Lu.

I did this most with one of my guinea pigs called nutmeg, she was meggie, meg smeg, meggie spaghetti, meggie peg or pretty much anything else that came into my head, and my dad called her nutty. The others just seemed to have one nickname though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm finally caught up! Whew! I was in all day training yesterday.

There are so many things I wanted to respond to way back there, but I didn't want to look like a crazy person.

My CW's all thought I was going to wind up a crazy cat lady, but I showed them. Oh wait. I have 4 cats and a dog. I would totally have another cat if my husband didn't say no. LOL I mean, if a cat showed up, I'm sure he wouldn't turn it away, but I'm going to respect his "No" since he's the one that does all of the cleaning and litter box scooping.

If I wasn't married, I'd totally be the crazy Pit bull/cat lady. I want to rescue all the pits bulls and all the homeless helpless little kitties. Not kittens, kitties.

Okay, now we are officially twins: I've always said if I win the lottery or get an inheritance I'm opening a pit bull sanctuary and also one for all the older cats who need homes. Wish I could do that right now.

I will be the first person to volunteer my services. I am crazy about the pit bull breed (all bully breeds) and I take it personally when anyone says anything negative about them. My Lulu is the sweetest, most well behaved dog anyone could ever hope to have. She's also a bit neurotic, so that's fun too.

Super! I'll keep you in mind. I'm the same way about the bully breeds. Yes, they are stronger, but it's all about the human and how they are treated and trained. I watch very little TV, but one of my favorite shows is "Pit Bulls and Parolees" on Animal Planet.

***also, I understand many have a dislike for these breeds for whatever reason and that's fine; I don't want to open that discussion on this thread; it's a hot topic like religion and politics!***
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Hahaha! I LOVE that name! And, I love mastiffs! Any pictures you can share?

I love the name too! I'd definitely call it a people name, since Antigone was the protagonist!