Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today was my daughter's birthday party, and there was hella food eaten (including copious amounts of cake), and now I feel like crap. I'm all emotional because I refuse to accept that I will have a 3 year old on Monday. I just brought her home, dammit!

I've decided to jump back on the wagon on Tuesday, and this time no slacking or falling off! I just saw some pictures SIL posted on Facebook from the party and holy hell I've gone off the rails! :neutral:

I'm enjoying seeing all these adorable little kitties! Hubby hates them, so we're a cat-free family, but I can deal because I love my big doggy baby Diamond lol.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I think I ate a piece of cat litter that I thought was a cookie crumb. In my defense, I am blind without my glasses.

I gagged... I hope it was pre-litter box
    Mmm, crunchy!
    I can't remember if I've shared this one before, but it's one of my favourite stories so I tell it whenever I get the chance. When my daughter was a newborn, I'd just changed her and her umbilical cord stump had come off (for the uninitiated, at birth they clamp the cord, but there's a little bit left, which over the next week or so shrivels and eventually turns black and drops off, leaving a nice, neat belly button). I went 'Ew', put it aside and immediately forgot about it. Fast forward an hour or so, husband and I eating toasted currant buns, he picks up a stray currant and is about to eat it. Yes, of course it was the cord stump! And to this day I regret that I stopped him from eating it because it would be a so much better story then.

HAHAHAHA that's funny. And gross :smiley:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    As promised, pictures of my baby! I hope they show properly. :)

148ky92rki3r.jpg
    This was her the day I brought her home. Smaller than the palm of my hand!

exo2df344kkh.jpg
    Growing... :)

9wbpyqnumdzq.jpg

cv6zf8phkygx.jpg

These are comparison shots about two months apart, next to the same (mini) laptop. :)

I know, too many pictures... But she's just too cute not to share? ;)

Can. Not. Handle. The. Cuteness. OH GOD, I am dying from cuteness overload!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

At 50 I still don't look into a mirror in the dark, I am to afraid.

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Caught up to here.

I developed a cat allergy as an adult, so no kitties for me. I do have a dog (rescued from an older lady who couldn't keep him with her smaller dogs.) She called him Bobo. We shortened it to Bo, which we decided means Big Oaf, which is what we usually call him.
    imyymv0vrtmc.jpg
    He thinks he's a lap dog:
    rx7egw35rmv2.jpg
    This afternoon, I fell asleep on the couch (after a 36 mile bike ride). About 20 minutes later, Bo woke me up, for no other reason than he didn't think I needed to be sleeping on his couch!

He is beautiful!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today's confession:

About once a month I hit the Bulk Barn and buy spices and nuts and candy.....then I come home and weigh all the nuts (26g) and candy (50g).....while doing this, I eat at least two or three servings.....
  • ShibaEars
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Our town had a "town wide garage sale" today, and my mom wanted to go. I said I would go but said I didn't really like garage sales as I feel like I'm buying other people's garbage. Turns out, I like garage sales. I got a few cool things :smiley:

I bought some Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream a few weeks ago, and was disappointed by the strange texture. Last night I discovered that nowhere on the container does it say the words "ice cream". They call it a "Frozen Dessert". This ticks me off to no end.

After going to the garage sales today I proceeded to sit in my backyard and have several drinks while enjoying the sunshine. Sadly this meant I was hung over by 7 pm :disappointed: (and I'm not even going to try logging it)
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

At 50 I still don't look into a mirror in the dark, I am to afraid.

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Right!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    msalbd wrote: »
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!

OMG You are a GENIUS! How have I never thought of this?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I bought a colouring book for grown ups and pencil crayons last night, and spent a good hour colouring when I got home. Yes, I'm 30 years old. No, I'm not ashamed.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Our town had a "town wide garage sale" today, and my mom wanted to go. I said I would go but said I didn't really like garage sales as I feel like I'm buying other people's garbage. Turns out, I like garage sales. I got a few cool things :smiley:

I bought some Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream a few weeks ago, and was disappointed by the strange texture. Last night I discovered that nowhere on the container does it say the words "ice cream". They call it a "Frozen Dessert". This ticks me off to no end.

After going to the garage sales today I proceeded to sit in my backyard and have several drinks while enjoying the sunshine. Sadly this meant I was hung over by 7 pm :disappointed: (and I'm not even going to try logging it)

I did the same thing yesterday! Day drinking is my favorite!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    msalbd wrote: »
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!

OMG You are a GENIUS! How have I never thought of this?[/quote

I agree! What a brilliant idea. I can't wait to try it out.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bought a colouring book for grown ups and pencil crayons last night, and spent a good hour colouring when I got home. Yes, I'm 30 years old. No, I'm not ashamed.

Excellent way to relax. I love coloring-I am 53.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options

NONONONO. I won't even think it! That or Candyman. I've been scarred for life.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Edit: when I get my own place I would like a Dachshund named Colin (Black Adder if anyone gets the joke)

Dachshunds are the best! We have a mini named Charlie. :)

• med704s
    med704s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I "blow" a day, I always stuff myself (literally) and SWEAR that I will get back on track the following day. Well, I have done that everyday for the past month and have gained all the weight back that I had lost previously. Now I have to lose the 15 pounds all over again. :-( I wish there was some way I could change this mindset (in that if I exceed the amount of "allotted" calories per day that I stuff myself the rest of the day)?! Anyway, that is my confession!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I love those. I find it really relaxing to color.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »

NONONONO. I won't even think it! That or Candyman. I've been scarred for life.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Edit: when I get my own place I would like a Dachshund named Colin (Black Adder if anyone gets the joke)

Dachshunds are the best! We have a mini named Charlie. :)

Dachshunds really are the best!! :) We and a standard size, short hair named Pacey. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to him last summer after 15.5 years. He was my first "child". I absolutely love dogs(and all animals) but always swore I could never get another for fear of just always comparing the new dog to him.. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Coloring is awesome! I LOVE coloring with my son and get sad when he is ready to move on to playing with something else. Maybe I'll pick up and adult coloring book of my own!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Totally me... And I don't have an adult coloring book. I have the only coloring book I could find in this country: "The Boys' Jumbo Coloring Book". ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I've fallen off big time lately, and now I'm confused on how to get back. I've looked at the TDEE method but I'm so confused on that, but I can't do the 1200 MFP keeps setting for me. I really don't want to put up a new post about it but may just have to...

What I've started doing since getting back on track is set my calories to maintenance. Sometimes I'm under by a lot, sometimes a little (or none) but I quite like doing it this way. Makes it more flexible, and sometimes I'm less likely to anack
    Is that just setting MFP to maintain or do you do any calculating? I think I'm going to try that for a bit so I can get a grip on things.
    I've also seen the suggestion of eating at the maintenance for your goal weight (which you'd get from calculating your TDEE then, rather than your current weight). You can then custom set your goals for that number of calories. In theory you should very slowly lose until reaching goal.
    I'm now 12lbs from my goal and considering doing this if I start to struggle, or even just for a little break.
    raelynnsmama - let me know if you need help with the numbers figuring. I have a fairly good grasp on how it all works.

I'm still catching up, but wanted to comment on this. My doctor actually recommended eating 10 calories for every pound you want to weigh, so if you want to weigh 135 pounds you eat 1350 calories. You should slowly lose weight until you hit your goal. I have yet to try this method but I thought it was an interesting suggestion, and one I'd never heard before.

Not really true. :) I already weigh around 135 pounds, and 1350 is a fairly large deficit for me even at this weight. And if someone very petite wanted to weigh around 95 pounds, they'd be eating less than 1000 calories! It's a "quick way" of deciding a deficit, but has no basis in science that I know of... And if a really heavy person were to decide their deficit in that way, they'd be eating way too little to sustain themselves at their size. Just my two cents. :)