Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So my NSV for today. I got stuck waiting for a flight for 3 hours on a delay. Instead of eating crap and drinking like I normally would, I walked the length of terminal c at Newark for nearly 2 hours. Earned the Jamba Juice I ended up getting... And which I only chose to get a small. Which is an NSV in itself.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have been trying to look in the mirror and tell myself I'm beautiful/smart/something else every day. It's very difficult, and I haven't been able to convince myself yet, but I'm hoping that if I continue to tell myself these things I will one day grow to believe them. A goal of mine is to one day become a CONFIDENT person.

Two positive attributes: I feel I have a great deal of empathy and greatly dislike seeing others in pain, so I assume that must count for something. A second one... I guess I have a pretty creative mind and love writing/drawing/daydreaming.

Those are great traits! And don't just say it believe it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok and now I am totally judging the guy sitting next to me chewing like a cow and smacking his lips. Ewwwww.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I'm so hungry and I just want to eat lots of bad things.

Me too. Like a big bag of chips or nachos and cheese or wings or ....well you get the picture
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have been trying to look in the mirror and tell myself I'm beautiful/smart/something else every day. It's very difficult, and I haven't been able to convince myself yet, but I'm hoping that if I continue to tell myself these things I will one day grow to believe them. A goal of mine is to one day become a CONFIDENT person.

Two positive attributes: I feel I have a great deal of empathy and greatly dislike seeing others in pain, so I assume that must count for something. A second one... I guess I have a pretty creative mind and love writing/drawing/daydreaming.

Those are great traits! And don't just say it believe it.
    Thanks! I hope to achieve that one day :smiley:
    Ok and now I am totally judging the guy sitting next to me chewing like a cow and smacking his lips. Ewwwww.
    This would kill me. I would have to get up and move somewhere else... something I just can't take.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This was in my email today. Seemed appropriate to share, given all the negative/positive self-talk! We should all get a snazzy notebook and write kind things about ourselves in them.

jump.refinery29.com/525c58a1b6a88e9514ae9e392ngfg.1rnc/VWT1u0mOsxGdnwwKC39bc
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

As you should. The guy at the desk next to me breathes very loudly, and guzzles his water so I can hear the water pouring, the air going back into the bottle, and him swallowing. It makes me crazy.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for the good wishes!
    ETA: I feel a bit odd about posting a picture - I don't have a single one of me anywhere else on MFP.

You look great!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    So my NSV for today. I got stuck waiting for a flight for 3 hours on a delay. Instead of eating crap and drinking like I normally would, I walked the length of terminal c at Newark for nearly 2 hours. Earned the Jamba Juice I ended up getting... And which I only chose to get a small. Which is an NSV in itself.

Way to go! Sitting on a plane sucks so your body was probably happy with the movement!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Really nice!

I got my typical hormonal hunger today so I decided to eat at maintenance, and I pretty much went from hungry to OMG I'm so full I'm going to explode in 5 minutes. Story of my life. But at least now I'm not hungry anymore... and I ate at maintenance and not 1000 calories over, so there's progress.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just something truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

My brother got to fly a jet at his military academy and I am extremely jealous, though I would probably be nervous if I were ever actually given the chance to fly one. This jealousy partially comes from admiring and adoring astronauts and knowing that most of them were pilots before moving on to outer space. I would love to be an astronaut, but I don't think I'm cut out for the job. :tongue:

Chris Hadfield's book, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, is amazing!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

Zinc lozenges!!! They're the best.

Where would I find these?

They're everywhere..Walmart, Target, grocery stores, pharmacies. "Cold-Eze" and "No Time for Colds" are two names that I can think of..but I usually just get the generic store-brand ones. I actually have one every morning just as I start my workout (it also helps to keep my mouth from getting dry) and I swear, I haven't been sick in probably 4-5 years. *knocks on wood to not jinx myself* But if I ever do feel a sore throat coming on, I will have an extra 1-2 that day and always feel better by the next morning.

Thanks! I will get some and try that. I do get really dry mouth while working out. Either that or way too much saliva from panting like a dog chasing a cat.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

My brother got to fly a jet at his military academy and I am extremely jealous, though I would probably be nervous if I were ever actually given the chance to fly one. This jealousy partially comes from admiring and adoring astronauts and knowing that most of them were pilots before moving on to outer space. I would love to be an astronaut, but I don't think I'm cut out for the job. :tongue:

And I am the opposite. I detest flying. I get physically sick, so flights aren't fun for me. I'm getting better, but there have been times where I've made it through without vomiting, only to collapse once I made it into the terminal. It's not due to anxiety, I actually think it's an inner ear thing - driving in a car with the windows down can cause the same kind of nausea, depending on how the wind hits the vehicle. This is part of the reason I don't travel much. It's hard to be excited about a trip knowing I have to fly. And sometimes the flights are so bad it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover (just in time to come back home). And I have to get on a plane on Sunday :'(

I will agree on the window seat - but for me it's so I can fall asleep and not be disturbed by people needing to get by lol.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I've been UNSUCCESSFUL in weight loss because of bad habits that seem too difficult to change. I eat when I am not hungry and eat based on emotional comfort vs eating because I need to. Far too often I may get up in the middle of the night, feeling hungry I'll eat a peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwich or something else.

I looked at myself the other day and felt disgusted in how I look. For too many months I felt too apathetic to change <I won't say why publicly - only privately and in limited capacity as to why>. The other day it shocked me to feel I am the "fattest" at home, get called fat and even know I am the fattest among co-workers.

What I am scared of most is failing, not loosing weight and my willpower only lasting a few days.

It may seem overwhelming at first, but tackle one habit at a time. Once you see that you CAN change bad habits and create new ones and be successful you will build momentum. Identifying that you are an emotional eater is the first step. Now to replace the reaction to eat with something else. Anything else. Healthy, of course. If it's the middle of the night I'm pretty sure going for a walk isn't a good idea, so maybe read something. Turning on the TV can be a food trigger, plus it could interrupt your sleep pattern. I'd have a drink of water, acknowledge that you don't really need fuel and try to go back to sleep.

NO ONE should call you fat and get away with it. Shut those people down. Unacceptable. Don't compare yourself to others, either. You are an individual. We are all different.

We are all scared of failure to some degree. Accept that you will have good days and bad, but bad days are not failures. They are just a bump or turn in the road. Stay on the road! It will take you down the right path. Also, don't rely on willpower. That is a recipe for failure. Make a plan, do it, and don't attach emotions to it. Welcome to this thread and keep posting!

THIS is why you're a favorite in this thread! :smile:

• FluffySandwich
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

And I am the opposite. I detest flying. I get physically sick, so flights aren't fun for me. I'm getting better, but there have been times where I've made it through without vomiting, only to collapse once I made it into the terminal. It's not due to anxiety, I actually think it's an inner ear thing - driving in a car with the windows down can cause the same kind of nausea, depending on how the wind hits the vehicle. This is part of the reason I don't travel much. It's hard to be excited about a trip knowing I have to fly. And sometimes the flights are so bad it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover (just in time to come back home). And I have to get on a plane on Sunday :'(

I will agree on the window seat - but for me it's so I can fall asleep and not be disturbed by people needing to get by lol.
    Oh man, that's terrible. I'm sorry :( My boyfriend's mother is the same way with cars. When she last came to pick me up she had to step out for a few minutes and just stand there with her head in her hands, feeling nauseous.

I would probably do exactly what you do- lay back and go to sleep! I do think, though, that plane flights can be made miserable depending on who's on the plane with you. I once sat next to a man who blasted Miley Cyrus for two hours straight (he looked around 60, so it was also a little jarring). :confounded:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

They're everywhere..Walmart, Target, grocery stores, pharmacies. "Cold-Eze" and "No Time for Colds" are two names that I can think of..but I usually just get the generic store-brand ones. I actually have one every morning just as I start my workout (it also helps to keep my mouth from getting dry) and I swear, I haven't been sick in probably 4-5 years. *knocks on wood to not jinx myself* But if I ever do feel a sore throat coming on, I will have an extra 1-2 that day and always feel better by the next morning.

Thanks! I will get some and try that. I do get really dry mouth while working out. Either that or way too much saliva from panting like a dog chasing a cat.
    You're welcome! Hope it helps! And just want to add that you'll usually find them right with the cough drops.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.

Sorry. I know it's not funny, but it's kind of funny.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Yeah I second cold-eeze... I haven't had a full blown cold since I started using them when my throat starts bothering me.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wrote an email to my daughter's teacher today about the quarter test date but have watched so many hunger games movies to get caught up I accidentally wrote "quarter quell" !