Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.

Wonderful. Nothing like justifying the over-inflated cost of something low cal by having to force it down due to an awful taste. Glad I didn't buy 2. (Thanks for the warning)

Can you just return it? I've returned food before and as long as it's not opened, you should be fine. Just a suggestion to keep you from wasting money on yucky ice cream.

Probably, but I won't. Not worth the effort to go back home to get it and drive it to the store. Not at 5pm or in the sauna outside right now. It hit 100 here today and a big shower just rolled through. >_< I'll try it and chuck it in the trash If it sucks. (Then pace angrily cuz that was my supposed after workout treat!) Haha
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.

I hear your pain, but I have to confess lately all I've been eating and craving are apples and Justin's Maple almond butter...or Justin's Vanilla almond butter. :s Can't stop the craving it's so good!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I may have convinced my brother to take his Taco someplace I pretty much knew he'd get stuck just so I could use the Jeep to pull him out.
    IMAG0858_zps4bep4epa.jpg

I also had a burger, slice of pizza and my last 2 Oreo pop tarts for lunch. Plus my leg hurts so I'm not even exercising today.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ahaha @festerw that is AWESOME...about convincing your brother part :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to set myself at maintenance this week, just until I get back on top of things. This may or may not be because I just ate 3 Oreo pop tarts....
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Wonderful. Nothing like justifying the over-inflated cost of something low cal by having to force it down due to an awful taste. Glad I didn't buy 2. (Thanks for the warning)

Yeah. I actually wasn't going to say anything since you hadn't tasted it yet and maybe you will enjoy it, but I have not had a single good experience with Arctic Zero products. But then, I also don't like the Halo Top stuff that several posters here really enjoy, so...it's good that you are at least trying it. Maybe it'll be a good purchase!

I usually prefer to just budget calories for real ice cream and gelato.

The only 'diet' ice cream I've ever found that I genuinely like is the Skinny Cow line of products. My favorites are the salted caramel pretzel ice cream bars (160 cals, 9g fat); snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches (120 cals, 2 g fat); chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches (150 cals, 5g fat); chocolate truffle fudge bars (100 cals, 2.5g fat), and the chocolate mousse ganache sugar cone (160 cals, 4.5g fat).

The salt in the wound to this is I DO have the cals for something real. I was going out on a limb for a guilt free treat. I have never tried gelato. How is it?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

Good luck, Froggy! I hope it works out for you. (Just keep your guard up, girl!)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I may have convinced my brother to take his Taco someplace I pretty much knew he'd get stuck just so I could use the Jeep to pull him out.
    IMAG0858_zps4bep4epa.jpg

I also had a burger, slice of pizza and my last 2 Oreo pop tarts for lunch. Plus my leg hurts so I'm not even exercising today.

What kind of truck is that that got stuck? From the looks of it, it shouldn't have. No "dis" to your Jeep, though! Good thing you saved the day! Just curious.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

Guys sometimes completely suck at expressing feelings. Don't worry too much right now about what he did or didn't say - what's important is that he made a commitment to try with you. See how it goes from there (assuming that whatever comes up in your conversation later tonight doesn't turn into a deal-breaker for you), and good luck to you!

I agree! We'll be thinking of you!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I wish TJMAXX would hurry up & open their store that's closer to me.
    Fun fact: here it's called TK MAXX (not really that fun a fact...) They also don't seem to have as much good stuff. In America they seem to have proper cut price designer items, here it seems to be cheaper, but I think a lot of the stuff are labels I've never heard of they have made for them.
    I always wondered about that. In Canada it's called Winners. I rarely have the patience to shop there - I find it a bit of a jumble/rummage sale.

Thank you for saying that. I always thought I was the only one that didn’t like shopping there because it looks like a mess. It’s hard to find what you want.
    I dislike Winners too. It's okay when it's very clean and organized, but that's so rare. It also often smells weird, but the thing that I always hate about it is that you have to flip through every single item on the rack in your size to find anything. I also have a lot of trouble finding anything in my size there because I'm fairly small and for some reason they never have anything below a 4 in the women's section. Juniors is sometimes a little better, but nothing there is appropriate for my office. It's just really weird that they carry so few small women's sizes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So today is one of those days when I'm totally shocked that I pretty much hit my calorie goal. Up hungry at 5am, not enough veggies, way too much processed/packaged stuff... I hit my macros pretty perfectly too (everything is red but because MFP rounds up, I think). And I'm actually full and satisfied right now even though I had dinner at 4pm. Let's hope it lasts.

I'm also completely exhausted and wish I could just go to bed. 5 hours of sleep is not enough for me.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    So, I 'confessed' yesterday that my son starts his job today. Today's confession is that I got all of the "mom feelz" this morning dropping him off. Seriously, I almost teared up. And then I felt stupid. They were proud tears, dangit!

Aww super cute. :)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    The kid behind me in our break room was eating his chips rather loudly. He sounded a bit like a wood chipper.
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

I grant you winner of this thread. Highest of high fives!
    crdwtvtrumn2.gif

• Tubbs216
    Options
    http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/bordered-floral-shift-dress/102266210/950

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:
    Ooh, pretty!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Also, confession: I bought some vinegar to de-scale a particularly filthy electronic water kettle, and watching the chemical reaction made me absolutely giddy. Like five-year-old-on-Christmas-morning type of giddy. It may have been something like the following:

Me: *peeking into kettle* *jumps up and down, squealing* "HUSBAND! HUSBAND! LOOK AT THE BUBBLES. LOOK AT THE BUBBLES, THEY'RE SO PRETTY!"
    Mr. Susie: *not particularly interested* That's the magic of chemistry.
    Me: *squealing some more* Look, that spot is bubbling! It's so pretty! LOOK AT IT!
    Mr. Susie: Umm.. Okay. You and your vinegar have fun. *leaves the kitchen*
    We recently got a glass kettle, and living in a hard water area means I get this fun on a monthly basis!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    IMAG0858_zps4bep4epa.jpg

What kind of truck is that that got stuck? From the looks of it, it shouldn't have. No "dis" to your Jeep, though! Good thing you saved the day! Just curious.

07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with rear locker, it's on street tires, we've had a crap ton of rain the last week, on the side of a small hill and there's clay under about 5 inches of topsoil. Tires would have made all the difference since I didn't even spin a tire with some moderately aggressive all terrains. That's my $500 beater Jeep so you can dis away B)
    IMAG0857_zpswat14wzu.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.

Glad I could be a positive influence on you. Also, I HATE when salads aren't bacon cheeseburgers and extra crispy fries.

Ha! I got your 1000th post! Yay, me!

Dang it! I wasted it on you! I demand a do over!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/bordered-floral-shift-dress/102266210/950

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

Ooo I love it, great choice!!

My husband actually picked that one out and my daughter didn't really like it, but I liked how understatedly sexy it was. Plus, it was only $37 and I love a bargain.