Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Also PS, I'm sorry I only write novel-length posts, everyone! Apparently I really like to hear myself talk...brevity is a virtue I've never possessed, I guess.

That was brief. ;)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Rant for the day. I offered to take my ex with my son and I when we go camping this weekend for Fathers day. At first he was all for it BUT because we can't leave exactly when he wanted to due to the fact I have a Dr appointment he threw a fit and now he is not coming. The irony of it is the Drs office just called to change the date of my visit so we could have went when he wanted to leave after all. Confession I might have sent him a snarky text telling him this. I shouldn't let him get under my skin or even offer to do things with/for him because I just get angry in the end and my son ends up being disappointed as well. Is it bad to wish he would just disappear off the face of the earth.

No, I don't think it is bad. I would say with that type of behavior you're being very restrained.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

You can wrap it and put it in the carry on. Do not put it in the suitcase, they sometimes inspect the suitcases and things can go missing. They will xray the carry on when you go through security, but it will be fine. The only thing you have to take out of the bag as you go through security is your laptop and small electronics.
  • Kalici
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Today is my second day in a row that I haven't binged. I hope to stop binging & maybe I'll set a reward system like I did with weight loss. Before I started binging I was around 153 now I'm up to about 160 which was what my original goal weight was going to be anyway, but I would like to eventually lose a little more. For right now I am going to set my calories around 1973 & try to eat around that amount everyday but if I go over some days I am NOT going to BEAT myself up & try to make up for it in another day.

Last night I confessed I was hungry at 11:33 & wasn't going to eat anything but decided to eat a Quest bar, because I hate going to bed hungry.

I also ordered New Rules Of Lifting For Women on Amazon & hope to get it soon.

You can do this! I think I'm getting better at sticking to my own calorie goal by taking all the restricted foods I was hiding from and throwing that label out of the window. I honestly feel MUCH less like baking all the foods, eating all the foods, and drowning my sorrows in more of the food when I have it all sitting right there in my fridge, just being food.

As I told my husband yesterday: I messed up big time because I was tired, and whether I had those foods in my fridge or not, the outcome would have been exactly the same--just because I was able to make cookies (and proceed to eat too many of them) doesn't change the fact that I would have pigged out on anything else that was available if I didn't have cookie ingredients available, for example.

And you know what's really awesome? Normally I would have made the cookies, eaten ALL the cookies, and then gobbled down the remaining chocolate chips. This time, yes, I ate too many of them (7), but I then put the rest away into the freezer, and I didn't even feel the urge to touch the chocolate chips because "those are for baking". Since I can bake whenever I want, I don't need to get them out of the house by eating them just so I don't mess up tomorrow.

Does that make sense? My husband had a really hard time understanding my feeling of making progress when I had blown my calorie goal so badly, but I told him that you guys (and anyone else with disordered food issues or weight issues) would understand it. :)

Baby steps! That is what this 'journey' is all about. (Sorry to those of you who cringe at the word 'journey'. It was too apropos ;) )

Why do people cringe at the term journey? I have never understood that?

Same reason they cringe at 'moist,' I suppose. I don't get it, either.

Journey doesn't bother me but usually I can only stand the word moist used in certain contexts and that is because of an overuse of the word moist used in conjunction with panties and some guys being gross.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I've been such a horrible depression cycle for the past two weeks, work and life is just weighing me down. I rage quit my job yesterday but now I'm here, I love my job but my mental health right now isn't supportive of the job. I'm now stuck between do I stay and wait it out (mental healthwise) or do I stay and look to move on asap?

Oh no. I'm always worried about doing things like this as well. I hope you feel better soon. I would say if you can, make sure you get another job before you quit (unless you have a way to support yourself in between jobs). That way you'll also give yourself time to hopefully heal mentally and maybe you'll decide to stay there once you feel better.

(HUGS)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm almost 30 pages back but am on yesterday's posts... you people be posting like crazy!

@orangesmartie Keep your chin up, you are an amazing, strong, courageous and special woman. You can handle whatever life throws at you. Keep in mind that your meds will make all of what you are going through easier, and take them. Charlie is so lucky to have you. Hope your mom is doing well. Talk to your boyfriend, I am sure nothing is as bad as what you are imagining. (where does your girlfriend fit into all of this chaos? are things good there?) Hang in there, it will get better.

I must say that when one of you are having a hard time in life it makes me sad, like you are my family. Strange this bond we have over the internet, isn't it?

Agreed. I wish that I was able to help everyone more.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    You guys are super chatty! I didn't check this thread over the weekend and it took me until today to get caught up!

I don't usually send friend requests but will if someone says "add me" because I really like having friends on here but please don't judge my diary because it has been a mess lately.

No judging, remember? We're not allowed to wear judgey pants with anyone inside our village even if we're not IN the village at the time.

I really wasn't trying to be judgey! What part did you think was bad? That I called you guys chatty? or when I said my diary has been a mess?

You weren't being judgey. She meant we aren't allowed to judge your diary. Because we shrunk out of our judgey pants.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Leaving work for the day. I fear I'll miss when we hit page 1000! I'll try to log on tonight just to see what happens.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Wife points today!

I was texting back and forth with my husband, and I tried to put "love you too" only it autocorrected to "love you tiki" so I tacked on another text that said "or too." He responds, "I was worried maybe you thought I was Tiki Barber."

Here's the points for me part - I responded with "He's pretty hot, too, so you can see how I would make that mistake!" :D

For anyone who doesn't know Tiki Barber, a9dgq0ur2bof.jpg
    . And for those of you with fantasies, he has a twin brother, Ronde Barber!

Yessss I <3 the Barber boys, smokin'!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Husband comes home from a week long business trip and all he wants to do is watch Orange is the New Black while drinking wine... I have enough room in my calories but I really over did it yesterday.... ugh decisions, decisions.

no brainer: OITNB!

Seconded!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, so my boy came home from his exam - cool as a cucumber and quite relaxed, said it went ok and was pretty cheerful about everything. All is well. Either he'll pass or he won't, but life will continue. Thanks for talking me down.

that is SUPER GREAT!! Is that getting old yet? I don't want to over do it :#

Okay you keep posting faster than me and saying the exact same thing! I'm feeling like I'm stalking you. Sorry!

Hey great minds think alike!!! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I'm so jealous of you and all your designer sunglasses! I hope you keep them in a lockbox those babies are worth a lot!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green
    Are we watching cricket and eating cake?

I don't care what we're doing as long as there are real English people there who I can listen to speak :)
    My husband has a fairly 'posh' English accent (his mother - RIP - sounded like the Queen) and he has no idea that women swoon when he talks to them.

You are one lucky lady!!
    Well, to me he just sounds like any other Englishman, so...

Haha I know..I'm just jealous! But hopefully I'll get to be with my Englishman full time in the next year :)
    I hope you do to! What is your plan?

Well as of right now I'm heading over there in August and we'll see where we're at after that! There's talk of me going there or him here in the next year but nothing concrete yet.

I hope it works out for you!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Anyone else read Dear Prudence? I'm a little behind on it, and catching up I saw this question: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2015/06/dear_prudence_my_fiance_is_obsessed_with_a_fat_shaming_website.html I think it's referencing that horrible Reddit thing people were talking about recently. A woman is asking for advice because her fiance wont stop looking at a fat shaming website.

I do read those. I need to read that one. I can't read a lot of them while at work because of the content haha.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.
    Ask me!

Okay, just a few random ones:
    Alcohol - that's a general "no", right? What about caffeine? I over heard someone the other day say that Mormons don't drink caffeine, but it was while standing in line at the grocery store and I couldn't tell if they were serious or what. I've never heard of that, but it concerns me because I know my SIL doesn't drink alcohol so whenever they are at our house I offer iced tea and pop, but he generally just has water. If this is true I feel badly and need to have lemonade or something on hand.

The cross - big thing for Catholics, but not for Mormons. I understood it to be because the cross has a negative association with Jesus. Is that true? If so, that makes sense to me. It always creeped me out a bit when Catholics have crosses all over with Jesus portrayed as nailed to them. Plain ones I can understand. ***This is not meant to offend anyone. I'm just curious, but I can take this offline if it bothers anyone.***
    Yes, no alcohol and no caffiene. There's an old teaching called The Word of Wisdom which prohibits 'hot drinks' which is taken to mean tea and coffee and therefore caffiene. However, some people are a bit flexible on this and will drink Coke and Mountain Dew instead. Sounds like your SIL is in the former camp - he might appreciate another cold drink, or he may appreciate the chance to show off how righteous he is by declining all beverages. Some Mormons are like that.

The cross thing is correct, the cross is a symbol of Jesus's death, and they prefer to celebrate his life.

Ask anything else. I'm unoffendable (is that a word). I left the faith when I was 18 but remain interested because I still have many friends in it.

I didn't think it was very common over here. Where are your parents from?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Leaving work for the day. I fear I'll miss when we hit page 1000! I'll try to log on tonight just to see what happens.

Me too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - I love roasted veggies, hate logging them. I have no idea how much oil I'm actually eating. I just had to log 80 calories of oil for dinner tonight and it annoys me.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You guys are super chatty! I didn't check this thread over the weekend and it took me until today to get caught up!

I don't usually send friend requests but will if someone says "add me" because I really like having friends on here but please don't judge my diary because it has been a mess lately.

No judging, remember? We're not allowed to wear judgey pants with anyone inside our village even if we're not IN the village at the time.

I really wasn't trying to be judgey! What part did you think was bad? That I called you guys chatty? or when I said my diary has been a mess?

@kecmw25 I wasn't saying YOU were judging I was saying WE don't judge, so your diary is a judgment free zone of sorts. I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't always say things the I mean to say them. :neutral:

ETA: I see other people explained what I was trying to say but didn't very well. Thanks, Ladies!

• Kalici
    Options
    Why do they do it to themselves? Talk about lamb to the slaughter...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190983/quickest-way-to-loose-weight#latest

And the thread's gone! This happens to me a lot because I'm usually behind on posts.

• Kalici
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

I'm very sorry you're going through all that, but I find it heartening that you're all willing to take care of your sister's children and make them feel wanted and loved. As to the bolded I really hope you enjoy it because you definitely deserve that time to yourself.