Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options
1147714781480148214833388

Replies

  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

    Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

    SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

    I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

    That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

    I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

    Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

    A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

    My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

    I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

    You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

    I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

    I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

    Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

    lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

    As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

    Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

    As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

    In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

    My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

    In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

    That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.

    What is this?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I have a rant today:

    I am having a "I hate diabetes' day.....not that I ever love it, but today it is really upsetting me.

    This morning I slept in, it was the first day I did not have to get up and make lunch for my son. I came online for a bit and then noticed it was getting late and I had to get to my PT appt. So, I just had some toast for breakfast, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON MIGHT. I got into the shower,, and was so dizzy I nearly fell over. I felt sick for a long while. When I got to the office, I check my blood sugar and it is literally three times what it should be.

    Why? Not because I did not take my shot or because I ate too much sugar....but because I did not have enough protein to slow the speed of the carbs in the rye toast (which has a lower GI level, which is why I eat it instead of my beloved "Italian" bread).

    I have been sick all day because of that one mistake. It is after 6pm and I have not even been able to eat anything yet and I never made it to the gym. Even though my blood sugar is normal now, the rush high and crash low has made me tired and sick. I have a headache and just want to go to bed....

    But, I must go put in the laundry now, and clean the kitchen, and deliver packages for our meeting next week.....UGH
    Does this happen often? I knew that diabetes could be tough to control, but I didn't realise how finicky it could be. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.

  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    [
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It never rains but it pours!


    Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

    My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

    Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

    I.never wanted children.

    And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

    But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

    So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

    That is so rough. I'm sorry. But it's not your responsibility... will you just keep taking the kids if she keeps getting pregnant? I mean, I can't even imagine how hard it must be, but you shouldn't have to ruin your life (same for your mother) because your sister is irresponsible.

    This child needs to be where she'll be wanted. And I'm not judging you because I completely get it. If I had to take care of another child now I'd be devastated, and I did want children. But it's not the best for you, and it's probably not the best for her... Wishing you the best though.

    No we won't keep taking kids, because I will make it a condition that the social apply to the court for a forcible sterilisation order so there are no more. We can't afford more (apologies if that offends people, I don't want to open the birth control debate).


    I appreciate the honesty of your thoughts, and I don't take it as judgement. I understand what you say about the child being wanted. And she will be. She will be as loved and adored as Charlie is now, the children do not make these choices. I do. And they will get the best of everything I can give them, including me. Those children will never know the resentment I feel towards their mother.

    My partners have already been on the phone planning how we make this work.


    Can you do that over there??
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

    I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

    I pretty much eat the same thing every day. When I don't eat that thing I get sad and wish I had eaten it. :) I like my food rut. Then I get tired and switch to a new habit!

    Me too! Current food obsession: Peanut butter chocolate oatmeal. I get so sad if I don't get to eat it every day, it feels like I missed something awesome.

    Exactly how I feel when I switch it up. Not sure I would love peanut butter chocolate oatmeal though. That just doesn't sound appealing though I love peanut butter.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to...... sprinkles.
    Make sure you're very clear what you want when you fill out the form to order your cake...
    7ar0viatfjfc.jpg

  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

    Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

    SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

    I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

    That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

    I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

    Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

    A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

    My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

    I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

    You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

    I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

    I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

    Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

    lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

    As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

    Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

    As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

    You're awesome. I like to think (optimistically) that in my area (which has a lot of new Canadians and also quite a large Islamic Academy private school) we're pretty accepting and knowledgeable about the larger minority groups in our city, but I know it isn't always the case and, speaking for myself, I don't know anyone who grew up in the Middle East (apart from some friends who grew up in expat compounds), so I find your life especially interesting. All my Muslim acquaintances are at least second-generation Canadians so I've never heard much about day-to-day life somewhere like Saudi Arabia or Oman.

    Aww, thank you! I hope you're right, but I do doubt that everyone in a particular area is accepting and knowledgeable about Muslims. :) But I guess finding someone who is from/lives in the Middle East can be a new experience! :)

    I once saw a guy in an online chatroom talking about how he worked in Saudi Arabia and how everyone owned a camel and used them to get to work and school, and everyone lived in tents. I thought it was ridiculously stupid of him to do that--it just promotes making Arabs look like a bunch of backwards weirdos. I don't think he had actually visited the Middle East in his life. -_-

    Sounds like something akin to every person from Texas owning a horse and having an oil well in their back yard. I live there and know it isn't true, just the stereotype that gets put out there.

    Ahh, the oil well. We have that stereotype too, being from the Gulf. Some people in a chat room used to refer to me and my sister as oil princesses. And then they were shocked when they found out that everyone in the Gulf is not, in fact, a millionaire. O.o

    Thanks to Jersey Shore everyone thinks people from New Jersey are classless humans with bad accents. And those people weren't even from New Jersey!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

    Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

    On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

    Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

    Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

    tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

    That damn cat! I hope she'll either take it Saturday or at least give it to a good home.

    No more injuring yourself before vacation! Did your bruise go away yet?

    Yay for a new ring!

    Um, no. I'm not sure if you can see it, but the bruising is all the way around my ankle and the side of my foot and my leg hurts like a mug today because of last night. Good news though, my ankle isn't nearly as swollen as it was last night.

    pqboi4hrxdwm.jpg

    Wow
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My sense of humor has gotten really weird. I just laughed for a solid 5 minutes because I have a google chrome extension that changes the word "millennials" to "snake people", so there are articles with amazing titles like " 'my boss thinks we're different species': what snake people talk about when they talk about their managers" and "15 economic facts about snake people."

    Aaaalso I may have just eaten almost all my calories for the day this morning. Even though I felt full after eating a single peach. Sigh. Out for a walk no matter how hot it is!

    I want that extension. That is soooo funny.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)

    I thought I had unlocked that for friends. I will fix it.

    Thanks.

    You're welcome! I love browsing diaries; you'll find a lot of 3000+ calories days if you browse mine, though (and a ton of empty days, these past few months, unfortunately. :().

    Honesty is good though. I struggled about opening it for friends because I was afraid people would judge. But, then I thought "It's my lifestyle and if they want to judge, so be it. I'm usually pretty good - except a couple Saturdays ago when I drank my dinner.

    Ha, mine is open to the public. I have no shame! (Actually, I just don't think anyone cares enough to go and stalk it.) ;)


    this is me too!!!
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    newfutures wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

    I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

    The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

    I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.

    Yes. I had people tell me I eat too much junk. Unfriended very fast too.
    why would you delete someone because the amount of calories THEY eat? If they are not trying to force you to eat like that in anyway why does it offend you so much that you should delete them?
    I read that as she unfriended the user that sent the unwarrented diary policing.

    ah ya then I would delete her. constructive gentle criticism is welcome but policing is just not cool.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    We decided to have a little White Trash Date Night last night and went to Red Lobster. My husband and I both worked at the Olive Garden when we were nineteen or so, and occasionally we get cravings for those stupid cheese biscuits that cannot be denied (a souvenir of the illicit parking-lot trades we used to do with the RL servers: bags of breadsticks for bags of biscuits.)

    I can't believe we still eat that garbage once a year, but it was kind of fun anyway. It feels like returning to 1995 every time you walk inside. And every drink on the drink menu is sweet and slushy. And everything comes frozen out of a bag and then fried. It's so bizarre! But the less said about the clientele, the better (because, uh, no judgement....but wow. I mean, I get that it's a terrible restaurant and all, but are your cartoon-themed pyjamas really the appropriate sartorial choice for being out in public? They look great with your trucker hat and stained, white-with-no-bra tank top though...)

    Bizarro-world, man.

    Sound to me like the Wal-Mart of restaurants :p

    What's funny to me is that the Red Lobster restaurant is considered a really upscale, super fancy restaurant here. We went there ONE time, just to try it, and spent almost 150 USD on our dinner. O.o If that's low-class, I can't afford to be high class!

    That IS funny. Here they have a real reputation as, like....hillbilly fine dining. A lot of jokes get made because of the whole "People of Walmart" vibe. When we worked at the Olive Garden we could be pretty cruel about it in the kitchen, which I feel kinda bad about...but then when we now go to eat Cheddar Bay biscuits and deep-fried coconut shrimp and see people changing their babies on the table and saying things like "Gross, it smells like fish or something in here!" or yelling at the servers to bring them another Budweiser, we remember why we made so much fun back in the day as we glopped premade alfredo sauce out of a 10 gallon bucket onto everything.

    But they are definitely not expensive here, either...my husband got something hilariously called the "Admiral's Feast" last night that came with a starter salad, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, and two sides and it was like $30 and one of the most expensive things on the menu. For comparison, where we live, a steak at a mid-priced chain (not a fine-dining kind of place but not bottom of the barrel) can easily run that same price or up to about $40, and a burger at a sit-down, inexpensive diner kind of place will often be around $15.

    It's just a weird, anachronistic kind of place, at least here, a weird holdout from the 90s with gross carpet and vaguely sticky menus.

    They make a Red Lobster mix that you can make your own cheddar bay biscuits. I found it at Wal-Mart.

    Even better, I make my own with Bisquick, cheddar cheese, butter, garlic salt, and some baking powder. OMG so frickin good!

    I do too!!!! way better than box mixes and less calories than the real ones. I could make a meal (and have) on those alone!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 1600 calories today. My mother tactfully mentioned that we have lots of vegetables I could be eating. I should have eaten less I should be eating less. I feel awful.

    What is your calorie goal?
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Wife points today!

    I was texting back and forth with my husband, and I tried to put "love you too" only it autocorrected to "love you tiki" so I tacked on another text that said "or too." He responds, "I was worried maybe you thought I was Tiki Barber."

    Here's the points for me part - I responded with "He's pretty hot, too, so you can see how I would make that mistake!" :D

    For anyone who doesn't know Tiki Barber, a9dgq0ur2bof.jpg
    . And for those of you with fantasies, he has a twin brother, Ronde Barber!

    Yessss I <3 the Barber boys, smokin'!!!

    Both had talent. One was a real egotistical POS though. I'll let you guess who.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)

    I thought I had unlocked that for friends. I will fix it.

    Thanks.

    You're welcome! I love browsing diaries; you'll find a lot of 3000+ calories days if you browse mine, though (and a ton of empty days, these past few months, unfortunately. :().

    Honesty is good though. I struggled about opening it for friends because I was afraid people would judge. But, then I thought "It's my lifestyle and if they want to judge, so be it. I'm usually pretty good - except a couple Saturdays ago when I drank my dinner.

    Ha, mine is open to the public. I have no shame! (Actually, I just don't think anyone cares enough to go and stalk it.) ;)

    Mine is open too. But when I go over, I will often just put quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had half a pint of ice cream over my calories... at least this way they might think it was 200 calories of broccoli or something (as if).

    But I never 'complete' my diary and I stopped posting pretty much everything on my feed (diary completion, weight loss etc) anyway, so I don't think anyone is looking.

    I log what it actually is because I'm obsessive and I want to know exactly how many grams of protein, carbs, etc. had--I never use Quick Add when I can help it. I don't care if everyone sees that I ate 10 chocolate chip cookies or something. ;)

    Well once I've reached my protein goal, it doesn't really matter to me, and I pretty much always do anyway.
    newfutures wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

    I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

    The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

    I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.

    Yes. I had people tell me I eat too much junk. Unfriended very fast too.

    why would you delete someone because the amount of calories THEY eat? If they are not trying to force you to eat like that in anyway why does it offend you so much that you should delete them?

    No I deleted them because they commented on what *I* ate.

    I keep my diary closed even to my friends because I don't really want other people's opinions on it when they don't necessarily know my goals or what I care about. I deleted some people who got judgey whenever I ate anything processed, for example (because I'm not trying to cut that stuff down) and people who offered unsolicited advice on my protein goal (I'm not lifting and I don't need to raise my goal when I feel energetic and not hungry, you know?)

    I totally understand
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

    I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

    The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

    I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.
    No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

    Mmmm, butter.

    I only look at my friend's food diaries if a) I have the time, b) there were a lot of comments made about it, c) to see if they had Dr. Pepper and still managed to stay under their goal, d) curiosity, e) new food ideas, or f) boredom and waiting for this thread to catch up. :smile:

    I love dr. pepper. today I made my whole days plan around a bottle of dr. pepper. totally made it work! and had room for a monster pop :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

    Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

    SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

    I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

    That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

    I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

    Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

    A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

    My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

    I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

    You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

    I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

    I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

    Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

    lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

    As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

    Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

    As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

    In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

    My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

    In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

    That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.
    What is this?
    Short Evangelical comics made by a guy named Jack Chick.

    i-dd55f012113fb7c28a2312d25d277a8d-chick2.jpg
    Bigoted but also unintentionally hilarious.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Wife points today!

    I was texting back and forth with my husband, and I tried to put "love you too" only it autocorrected to "love you tiki" so I tacked on another text that said "or too." He responds, "I was worried maybe you thought I was Tiki Barber."

    Here's the points for me part - I responded with "He's pretty hot, too, so you can see how I would make that mistake!" :D

    For anyone who doesn't know Tiki Barber, a9dgq0ur2bof.jpg
    . And for those of you with fantasies, he has a twin brother, Ronde Barber!

    Yessss I <3 the Barber boys, smokin'!!!

    Both had talent. One was a real egotistical POS though. I'll let you guess who.

    Haha nooo you don't say?! :p
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

    Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

    Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

    I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

    The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

    I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.
    No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

    Mmm, butter. Cookies. With butter. I like cookies... (Can anyone tell that I want cookies?)

    When I was at Bulk Barn yesterday, I found Reese PB Mini Chips. I am going to make some Reese PB and Chocolate Chip cookies the next time hubby wants cookies. I also picked up cookie crumbs and make a frozen PB Chocolate pie. I haven't made one in years!

  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    [
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It never rains but it pours!


    Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

    My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

    Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

    I.never wanted children.

    And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

    But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

    So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

    That is so rough. I'm sorry. But it's not your responsibility... will you just keep taking the kids if she keeps getting pregnant? I mean, I can't even imagine how hard it must be, but you shouldn't have to ruin your life (same for your mother) because your sister is irresponsible.

    This child needs to be where she'll be wanted. And I'm not judging you because I completely get it. If I had to take care of another child now I'd be devastated, and I did want children. But it's not the best for you, and it's probably not the best for her... Wishing you the best though.

    No we won't keep taking kids, because I will make it a condition that the social apply to the court for a forcible sterilisation order so there are no more. We can't afford more (apologies if that offends people, I don't want to open the birth control debate).


    I appreciate the honesty of your thoughts, and I don't take it as judgement. I understand what you say about the child being wanted. And she will be. She will be as loved and adored as Charlie is now, the children do not make these choices. I do. And they will get the best of everything I can give them, including me. Those children will never know the resentment I feel towards their mother.

    My partners have already been on the phone planning how we make this work.


    Everything happens for a reason. You'll make it out ok and it's great your partners are behind you. That goes a long way!
  • Hannah_Norrie
    Hannah_Norrie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with wearing a "trash bag", also known as "a sauna suit". Just make sure you are drinking enough water. There are other benifits other than just losing water weight (the more water you drink, the less water you retain) Wearing a sauna suit helps get and keep your heart rate up. This is benificial for both the immediate calorie burn as well as the "after burn" of calories. Sauna suits also keep your muscles nice and warm during your workout. Cold muscles are more prone to injury. Plus sweating is good for you. Hope this helps.