Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hannah_Norrie
    Hannah_Norrie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with wearing a "trash bag", also known as "a sauna suit". Just make sure you are drinking enough water. There are other benifits other than just losing water weight (the more water you drink, the less water you retain) Wearing a sauna suit helps get and keep your heart rate up. This is benificial for both the immediate calorie burn as well as the "after burn" of calories. Sauna suits also keep your muscles nice and warm during your workout. Cold muscles are more prone to injury. Plus sweating is good for you. Hope this helps.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

I am sorry you have to go through this and are so exhausted as a result. But you are a wonderful and AMAZING and SELFLESS person for taking on the responsibilities of your sister. I know it's hard to refrain from getting down on yourself. Not many people would take on what you are taking on. *hugs*

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

That damn cat! I hope she'll either take it Saturday or at least give it to a good home.

No more injuring yourself before vacation! Did your bruise go away yet?

Yay for a new ring!

Um, no. I'm not sure if you can see it, but the bruising is all the way around my ankle and the side of my foot and my leg hurts like a mug today because of last night. Good news though, my ankle isn't nearly as swollen as it was last night.

pqboi4hrxdwm.jpg

Ouch, at least it's not as yellow as before & doesn't seem to be that noticeable.
    Agreed, that will probably go away really suddenly.

I hope so!

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

I am sorry! Well you are back here where you belong. Feel free to eat ice cream and share! Your mom will get over it and you will all adore the little girl and it will work out.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

• Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

I missed all the invites going around. You're still my only friend.
    Thanks for being my friend, Glinda!

I'll friend you @kelly_c_77 !

Me too! Not that I am a great friend but I will!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."
    Oh, I will say "My friend Susie."

I start to talk about you guys in real life then stop as I realize people will think I am nuts. Especially my best friend. I think she thinks I am crazy how involved I am with a bunch of people I have never met.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.
    No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

I haven't had anyone judge me. But I've heard of it happening on here. Just random trolls I suspect.

Just selfconscious I suspect on my part.

Same here! I've had friends comment and it made me feel weird because I rarely even look at anyone else's dairy

If I 'like' your post that you finished your food log, I have looked.....I would never like something I did not look at....cuz what if I was liking that you drink 18 beers a day and do not eat for three days straight?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.
    Right, although they may also have to learn how to properly size a bra, make flapjacks or change the transmission on a Jeep Wranger on the way.

great, but last time I checked it was not a site designed for any of those things. And people are always being chastised to "stay on topic"….
    FWIW, I do understand what you're saying, but the fact is we're on topic enough of the time.

sorry, but based on a browse of the last ten pages or so that does not appear to be the case.

topic.jpg

Not sure what that link was but I got blocked at work and a security warning! Yikes!

Hmm. Just a meme I found on google. No issues viewing here at my office. Sorry!
    Interesting. Well they have upped the security lately, something about it flagged it. But sometimes it picks weird things to react to. Like swimoutlet.com it never lets me go there either.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

That damn cat! I hope she'll either take it Saturday or at least give it to a good home.

No more injuring yourself before vacation! Did your bruise go away yet?

Yay for a new ring!

Um, no. I'm not sure if you can see it, but the bruising is all the way around my ankle and the side of my foot and my leg hurts like a mug today because of last night. Good news though, my ankle isn't nearly as swollen as it was last night.

pqboi4hrxdwm.jpg

Crips! I hope that clears up before you go away!!
  • CateWright1
    CateWright1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I only exercise to earn cookie calories.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    oneallmama wrote: »
    Well.. I guess I should say my confessions!

I went to Zaxby's last week and ate their 5 piece chicken meal and then went home and had cookies... Needless to say, I was well over my calories allowance.

I punish myself for my cheat days with intense exercise which stresses me out and makes my hair fall out.

I don't drink enough water when I do exercise and I don't stretch properly either.

I only get 6 hours of sleep a day maximum (really paranoid/anxious at night)

I struggle to eat enough protein everyday.

And that's about it! :)

Welcome! And punishing yourself for a mistake is not very good mentally. Just log it and move on!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)

I thought I had unlocked that for friends. I will fix it.

Thanks.

You're welcome! I love browsing diaries; you'll find a lot of 3000+ calories days if you browse mine, though (and a ton of empty days, these past few months, unfortunately. :().

Honesty is good though. I struggled about opening it for friends because I was afraid people would judge. But, then I thought "It's my lifestyle and if they want to judge, so be it. I'm usually pretty good - except a couple Saturdays ago when I drank my dinner.

Ha, mine is open to the public. I have no shame! (Actually, I just don't think anyone cares enough to go and stalk it.) ;)

Mine is open too. But when I go over, I will often just put quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had half a pint of ice cream over my calories... at least this way they might think it was 200 calories of broccoli or something (as if).

But I never 'complete' my diary and I stopped posting pretty much everything on my feed (diary completion, weight loss etc) anyway, so I don't think anyone is looking.

I log what it actually is because I'm obsessive and I want to know exactly how many grams of protein, carbs, etc. had--I never use Quick Add when I can help it. I don't care if everyone sees that I ate 10 chocolate chip cookies or something. ;)

Well once I've reached my protein goal, it doesn't really matter to me, and I pretty much always do anyway.
    newfutures wrote: »

Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.

Yes. I had people tell me I eat too much junk. Unfriended very fast too.

why would you delete someone because the amount of calories THEY eat? If they are not trying to force you to eat like that in anyway why does it offend you so much that you should delete them?

No I deleted them because they commented on what *I* ate.

I keep my diary closed even to my friends because I don't really want other people's opinions on it when they don't necessarily know my goals or what I care about. I deleted some people who got judgey whenever I ate anything processed, for example (because I'm not trying to cut that stuff down) and people who offered unsolicited advice on my protein goal (I'm not lifting and I don't need to raise my goal when I feel energetic and not hungry, you know?)

Ok given my post about looking at dairies, let me at that I would never comment on what someone eats or does not eat....no judgement here, hell, some of my days I am a hot mess!

Also, I only log six days a week, because if I do not have a 'break day' I get too overwhelmed by it....I still watch what eat that day though....

I just do not want to be 'liking' a log full of dangerous habits.....but that has yet to happen anyway....
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    You guys are super chatty! I didn't check this thread over the weekend and it took me until today to get caught up!

I don't usually send friend requests but will if someone says "add me" because I really like having friends on here but please don't judge my diary because it has been a mess lately.

No judging, remember? We're not allowed to wear judgey pants with anyone inside our village even if we're not IN the village at the time.

I really wasn't trying to be judgey! What part did you think was bad? That I called you guys chatty? or when I said my diary has been a mess?

I don't think she was saying you were being judgey. I think she was saying there would be no judging on your diary because you're part of this village even if your diary exists outside of it!

BINGO!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Gotcha. Sorry.

ETA: I remember that now. Confession: I suck at remembering everyone's life details.

Same here. I kind of feel bad because everyone else seems to remember so many details about everyone else. I do read everything but I guess I have a bad memory.

Ditto
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I think I'm going to take a break from logging for a little while, I'm so overwhelmed right now with everything.

The good news is, I have a doctor's appointment July 9th, so hopefully I'll get some help.

Raelynn had a 3 year old checkup on Monday, and her pediatrician is referring us for services through the school district for her. (Special needs, SPD and Anxiety) I'm glad someone is finally listening!

I'll still be here checking in, and once things get better I'll try to start logging again. Y'all are more than welcome to add me as well, I'd love to have y'all as friends!

Wishing you the best! Take care of yourself and Raelynn.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

The cat is staying in a room? Like by herself without much contact?? This REALLY bothers me....she must be going stir crazy, that is not good for her mental health....no wonder she is tearing *kitten* up, she must be bored and lonely.

If you do not want the cat,, please take her to a shelter or something, TODAY. If her mental health deteriorates enough, she will never be the same again. She may not even be able to mold properly into a family if she is in there too long.

PLEASE please do not leave that poor animal in there any longer, take her somewhere and give her a chance!

Since she is your daughter's cat, talk to your daughter about either re-homing the cat or getting her some toys to stimulate her mind. She's bored and wants companionship and interaction!

BTW, yelling at the cat only shows her that her destructive ways are getting her attention (not the good kind but attention none the less) and she will repeat the behavior unless it is redirected in an appropriate way with toys or some form of good interaction. She can't help what she's doing...she doesn't know it's wrong...she's begging for attention.

I foster cats...mostly tiny kittens (some newborns who come with their kitty mom)...and I make sure they are well socialized before they go up for adoption (including mom). Only one of my foster kittens "failed"...he's special needs and I adopted him. I have a lot of work to do with him but he's coming around socially. He went from being a terrified special needs kitty to a very loving special needs kitty. He's almost 8 months old...I've had him 4 months. We'll have medical issues to deal with over the next few years but he's worth it. I get my next group of fosters on the 23rd...a calico mama and her 4 newborns.

I would not even wait to talk to the daughter, it is obvious she does not care about the cat. Just do what needs to be done for the sake of the cat and yourself!

I feel the same way but I don't want to make things even more strained. I'm going to message her about making other arrangements for her. If she's not living here her cat doesn't need to be here.

I am an animal lover but I'm not taking on someone else's animals by default.

• Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.
    Right, although they may also have to learn how to properly size a bra, make flapjacks or change the transmission on a Jeep Wranger on the way.

great, but last time I checked it was not a site designed for any of those things. And people are always being chastised to "stay on topic"….
    FWIW, I do understand what you're saying, but the fact is we're on topic enough of the time.

sorry, but based on a browse of the last ten pages or so that does not appear to be the case.

topic.jpg

Not sure what that link was but I got blocked at work and a security warning! Yikes!

Ok I see it now on my iPad. Doubly weird. I love Star Wars.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Has anyone seen @noaddedsugarx around recently? Just thinking about her and her grandmother and hoping she's doing all right.

I have wondered about her a few times myself....I hope she is ok....
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession - I finally started another book yesterday, after taking a reading break for a while because I wasn't totally over my last one yet (what can I say... I get very attached to some characters LOL).

And now I'm annoyed because I can't read. My son was home this morning because he was sick, and now both are here and they need me or watch some cartoons so I can't read it in peace... and I need peace to be able to read. With the kids last day of school tomorrow, I have no idea when I'll get to it... I guess I need to learn to just tune the kids/TV out... And I still really want to keep watching X Files at night too!

This happens to me all the time! Story hangovers.