Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Awesome!! Did you guys take pictures??

No pictures - sorry to disappoint! I'm rubbish at remembering to take pictures. Didn't even take any at my brother's wedding (there was at least a professional photographer there).
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.

Hey no judgement I gained weight this past week and today was going really well until I got home from work :( whoops
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

What part?!?! :D
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

So cool. I confess I am totally jealous but happy for you guys!! :smiley:

Me too!! Both feelings!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

<drum roll>

Seems fairly fitting amongst all this talk of online dating that our Internet meet up was great tonight!

We both smashed our step goals and I've even picked up a bit of a tan :)

Way to smash those step goals!! Now I know what the two of you did to get such great numbers today :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.

Maintaining is also winning, in my opinion. Enjoy your husband time!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH congrats on the job and the shorts!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

<drum roll>

I am currently jealous yet super happy for y'all! :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - my waist is smaller than it has been in years. 1.5 inches to go to be at my pre-pregnancy waist size (which I was last at 17-18 years ago.) :wink:

That is an awesome NSV!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

Hahahahaha! Bossing around the lurking husband. So funny!

Hahahahaha.

:D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.

If I EVER have a wedding/vowel renewal, I'm 100% stealing this idea. French fries are seriously one of my favorite foods and a French fry bar would make me happier than I really care to admit. I may also have a DP fountain. You know, like a chocolate fountain, only with Dr. Pepper.

Dr Pepper fountain, that's funny stuff. :D

Come to think of it, I may steal the french fry bar idea too. We like to have game nights/parties at our house and I'm always trying to think of new food to serve.

ETA: I can't spell

Drooling over the idea of the French fry bar

For the curious!

French Fry Station

Crispy French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries Accompanied By Cheddar Cheese, Ketchup, Garlic Allmanaise, Jalapeno Ranch, Bacon Bits, Shakers of: Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Salt, Old Bay Seasoning

That sounds so delicious!

Wow that sounds so amazing! I would load up on french fries & then load it with ranch & parmesan.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Hey no judgement I gained weight this past week and today was going really well until I got home from work :( whoops

Thanks for the support. Thursday is my 21st wedding anniversary and my goal was to fit back into my dress this year, but I don't think it's looking likely right now.

Regarding the bolded, I can't do that too much. Today was 'V' Day! ;) All went well and he was a brave soldier. I've been nursing him all day and he's pretty cheerful about the whole thing.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - my waist is smaller than it has been in years. 1.5 inches to go to be at my pre-pregnancy waist size (which I was last at 17-18 years ago.) :wink:

Thats a huge NSV.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Thanks for the support. Thursday is my 21st wedding anniversary and my goal was to fit back into my dress this year, but I don't think it's looking likely right now.

Regarding the bolded, I can't do that too much. Today was 'V' Day! ;) All went well and he was a brave soldier. I've been nursing him all day and he's pretty cheerful about the whole thing.

Oh wow happy early anniversary!! Such an inspiration when marriages and relationships are successful for so long nowadays!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

You and I should get married. I plan the ceremony and the dress. You plan the food.

Although I want mine on the beach in East Hampton where my mom lives and to rent a house and just throw a big party as I have mentioned before. So we might need to be like Becky Bloomwood (confessions of a shopaholic for those who don't get the reference ) and have 2 weddings.

We are a match made in heaven! I'd love a beach wedding.

We should have 2 weddings, I'll cater them, ceremonies and outfits ate your department.

Don't judge, fantasy weddings are all I will ever have ;)

Me too so we are perfect. Maybe it's like 2 girlfriends going to prom together so they don't miss it. I never got to go to prom (no one asked me and back then friends did NOT go together). I still regret missing that dress. We can do our own wedding!

Okay is that maybe too weird? No judging...

I went with a male friend (roommate's buddy) who was totally HAWT. Like seriously droolworthy. It was fun, and soooo worth it to see the expressions on everyone's faces.

I later wore the same dress to get married. I recycled before it was cool.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i'm attempting to "date" again...and it's seemingly terrible. i think staying home, getting drunk and dancing around my kitchen with the dogs might be a way better option.

went out with a dude on saturday evening. went to a local bar for beverages and chatting, and had a really fun time. i'd had a few dates previously that were kinda meh, so i thought ok cool, finally a fun time!

have some beverages, play a bunch of songs on the jukebox (are they still called that?), lots of fun convo and eventually the evening wears down and it's time to call it a night. and dude's like oh, i'm having such a good time with you, let's go back to your place to "snuggle" for a while. (and yes, he literally said snuggle).

ummm...no?
    and he starts to get all huffy about it. and i'm like dude, i had a lot of fun on this FIRST date, but i think there should be a few more before i'm inviting you back to my place. and he starts freaking out, wanting to know how i couldn't trust him, he's such a good guy and just liked being with me so much he didn't see what the big deal was. he just wants to hold me and snuggle for awhile! so we argue back and forth about it for a few minutes and finally i say i'm done, have a good night and leave.

seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

I think a lot of people have crazy first dates like that......I had a guy once lose his mind because I did not want to go to his mother's church to meet her.....during a first date....well, and a last date in that case.....you can't let that make you stop dating!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I think I must have broken a mirror or something I am unaware of......I had a hellishly rough day.....so glad it is over....grief bacon will NOT win tonight!!

Like seriously though, do I have a curse on me lately or something?? Every single thing that could have went wrong today did....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I didn't check the thread on Saturday or Sunday and came back to 20+ pages this morning. I had a pretty good weekend with the family. It is a week before TOM, so I kept snacking on ALL the food, didn't log food yesterday, and gave up on Saturday. Today is a new day and I'll do better, so the pity party is cancelled and I'm moving on with my life.
    @Italian_Buju - Sorry things aren't going well with your SO. Can you talk to him about what's wrong or is it just too much stuff? Feel free to vent here. Hugs! And can't believe that guy left you at the club! Kudos to you for being honest with him!

I talked until I am blue in the face.....it changes NOTHING!
    This is actually an annual fight we have that I am just refusing to move on from, because usually he just waits it out until the storm passes and the next year does nothing to make it better, and I am rather fed up.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

What part?!?! :D

Greenville!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I read the whole thing and wow, I totally agree with you. I had a coworker say to me on Friday, it could be worse...well it keeps getting worse anyway (now I'm sick before my bday with I dunno what). It is getting to me as well. I don't think anyone knows how bad these last couple months have been.

Even on this thread I'm happy for people who are going through good things but at the same time hurting because I used to feel good about my life too and I'm sad I'm losing my happiness.

I am sorry to hear that you are sick. From your previous posts I know you've gone through a lot and you sound very run down. Let's have our safe place here where it's accepted we have bad times and it will get better!! You will get better. You deserve to be happy. We can have our pity party because we deserve to have our feelings!

I'm glad to hear you say this, since you mentioned feeling like you can't just let everything out and feel your sadness--own it! It's your emotion and you deserve to express it and not have to put on a happy face all the time. You too, Froggy. :)

Confession: The fast starts in 30 minutes, and I had about 600 remaining calories to use up from Monday's calories, along with my pre-fasting meal calories in today's calories (It's Tuesday now. :p), so in a desperate attempt to finish it all up (I'm absolutely not hungry and have no appetite for some reason :-/), I ate the remainder of the pint of Spicy Cranberry ice cream--3.5 servings.

... I gotta say, jalapenos and ice cream are not a combination that I'll be trying again. Definitely not a big fan of this flavor. But hey, it's ice cream, right? :p