Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.

Maintaining is also winning, in my opinion. Enjoy your husband time!

Yep, this :smile:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    " I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

Ha! That's awesome :)

@riderfangal I've been reading your username as riderangle since the beginning of the thread...until I've been replying to you :blush:

LOL the riders are my favourite football team. I am actually somewhat obsessed lol. Truth be told I wanted to name my son Ryder but my ex was having no part of that

I probably missed it in previous pages, but @riderfangal you had a date on Saturday, right? How did it go?

He was very nice but no spark. On the surface we should have meshed completely but nothing. I was thinking maybe its just me in my heart I am not sure I am ready or wiling to enter into any relationship. Still it was nice to enjoy some adult conversation. :)

It happens. But at least you got a nice evening out!

I dated a guy that, "on paper", should've been a perfect match for me, but there was no spark with him either. I've also wondered if it's me not being willing to be in a relationship, but I want a spark, darn it!

(psssst... I'm post-stalking you :p )

In my experience, do not settle for anything less than "the spark". That's what will carry you through the rough patches, and keep you working out stuff when you'd really much rather throttle him.

I stayed in a relationship for much too long because he was the "good on paper" guy who should have been my match made in heaven. Nah. Now I'm with the guy who would seem to be the "least likely prospect" (until you realize we are actually two peas in a pod, beneath the demographics) and we've got all the spark.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ohh yes I definitely am a spark fanatic :) I love thinking about the person and getting butterflies!

Exactly! I've had "the spark" with a couple guys and while they didn't work out, I'm not willing to settle for less than that.

I thought the spark would grow with my ex. It didn't. He was nice. All the issues came out after we married although I was very naive and missed some red flags. He stopped being nice. But I think sparks would have helped. I "never" liked to be touched while sleeping, not even breathed on by my ex, I just thought I liked my space while actually sleeping. Turns out that is not the case, SO can wrap his arms and legs all around me and I sleep just fine. He can breathe on me, he can snore, he can pull me closer in his sleep. I adore sleeping wrapped up in him. Spark does matter to me! Whenever I see SO he greets me with a KISS and a tight hug, every time. Spark matters. SO travels about 1/2 the time and we do not live together. He calls virtually every night he is away (very few exceptions and he lets me know in advance that due to time zone difference etc. he will be asleep by the time I have time to talk.) In the 1.5 years of dating I think there are less than five nights that he has not called me.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh I also confess after taking a 32 mile bike ride and push mowing the front & back lawns yesterday, I justifiably bought a box of chocolate covered twinkies and ate the whole box of 9 through the afternoon and in to the night. None lasted until morning. (cant have my moment of weakness infect another day!)

A few years ago a friend and I were trying to lose weight, and she had been told by someone that you "should only have 'junk' food in your house that you can eat in one day" (I can't remember the exact wording). Of course this person meant you should only have like 1 serving at a time but to me it sounded like a challenge, like "How many pies can I eat today?"

LOL basically! And to day I am fine but had I left 1+ for today, I would have wanted another. And another...
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh I also confess after taking a 32 mile bike ride and push mowing the front & back lawns yesterday, I justifiably bought a box of chocolate covered twinkies and ate the whole box of 9 through the afternoon and in to the night. None lasted until morning. (cant have my moment of weakness infect another day!)

I am super (no joking) impressed. You must have a cast-iron stomach!

Yup. No problems here. Hardly ever.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

What part?!?! :D

Greenville!

I'm in Laurens, I'm in Greenville a lot lol!!! :smiley:

You are not far at all from me!!

We should meet up somewhere lol! (That didn't sound too creeptastic did it?)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    NSV 1- That bag of Utz Crab (potato) Chips has been open for three day and still isn't empty. Even with help from the DOH! and the boy, I haven't eaten it all. Usually, I open the chips and eat until the bag is empty.

NSV 2 - Shoe size is back down to 6 1/2 from a high of 7 1/2. Who knew feet could gain weight?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

@riderfangal I've been reading your username as riderangle since the beginning of the thread...until I've been replying to you :blush:

LOL the riders are my favourite football team. I am actually somewhat obsessed lol. Truth be told I wanted to name my son Ryder but my ex was having no part of that

I probably missed it in previous pages, but @riderfangal you had a date on Saturday, right? How did it go?

He was very nice but no spark. On the surface we should have meshed completely but nothing. I was thinking maybe its just me in my heart I am not sure I am ready or wiling to enter into any relationship. Still it was nice to enjoy some adult conversation. :)

I dated a guy that, "on paper", should've been a perfect match for me, but there was no spark with him either. I've also wondered if it's me not being willing to be in a relationship, but I want a spark, darn it!

In my experience, do not settle for anything less than "the spark". That's what will carry you through the rough patches, and keep you working out stuff when you'd really much rather throttle him.

I stayed in a relationship for much too long because he was the "good on paper" guy who should have been my match made in heaven. Nah. Now I'm with the guy who would seem to be the "least likely prospect" (until you realize we are actually two peas in a pod, beneath the demographics) and we've got all the spark.
    Ohh yes I definitely am a spark fanatic :) I love thinking about the person and getting butterflies!

Exactly! I've had "the spark" with a couple guys and while they didn't work out, I'm not willing to settle for less than that.

I thought the spark would grow with my ex. It didn't. He was nice. All the issues came out after we married although I was very naive and missed some red flags. He stopped being nice. But I think sparks would have helped. I "never" liked to be touched while sleeping, not even breathed on by my ex, I just thought I liked my space while actually sleeping. Turns out that is not the case, SO can wrap his arms and legs all around me and I sleep just fine. He can breathe on me, he can snore, he can pull me closer in his sleep. I adore sleeping wrapped up in him. Spark does matter to me! Whenever I see SO he greets me with a KISS and a tight hug, every time. Spark matters. SO travels about 1/2 the time and we do not live together. He calls virtually every night he is away (very few exceptions and he lets me know in advance that due to time zone difference etc. he will be asleep by the time I have time to talk.) In the 1.5 years of dating I think there are less than five nights that he has not called me.

This! This is what I want and just wont settle for less!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

Greenville!

Haha, not creeptastic at all! We definitely should! Maybe we can when I get back from FL!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    NSV 1- That bag of Utz Crab (potato) Chips has been open for three day and still isn't empty. Even with help from the DOH! and the boy, I haven't eaten it all. Usually, I open the chips and eat until the bag is empty.

NSV 2 - Shoe size is back down to 6 1/2 from a high of 7 1/2. Who knew feet could gain weight?

Great job. I dont think I have ever had a bag of chips in the house for 3 hours let alone 3 days. Colour me totally impressed
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I was going to take you up on this yesterday but every time I tried to post mfp decided it didn't like me.

Today I'm aiming for:

7,000 steps (it's low but between Saturday and Sunday I did close to 27,000 which is a new record for me)

No alcohol

Get half my long to do list done at work since it's a holiday Wednesday and its month end.

7,751 steps right now.

Not quite half my to do list done but the other person in my office got too much sun at camp and called in this morning. Good thing I didn't bet my boss. I figured she'd be sick Thursday and Friday.

My calories are low today so I'm going to have an ice cream cup instead of a drink.

So 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Awesome job today! You rocked it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.

Oops. I'm sorry! :( I figured that since you get all the good ice cream in the United States, you'd be able to get this one or at least one like it. :o

Oh I am sure I can. I just can't. You know? ;)

Makes sense! ;)
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

Way to go POF! I think you did pretty well on your goals, given what life threw (sp? that looks wrong, but I think it's right) at you. Man, three hours of sleep would have me sleeping on the plane rather than dissertating, but way to be a good grad student :)

I like this - are we going to do this here or in the Batcave? I'm sure I'll find out as I catch up this morning, but I'll contribute, too.

Yesterday I just *barely* hit my 10K steps. 100+ weather in the northwest, which is crazy hot for us, it should be 75ish. I was supposed to get a good step count in by walking Wilbur, but he was having none of it. Poor delicate 80 pound baby ;) I did a 3 mile run first thing in the morning and then errands/food prep for the rest of the day.

Today, I've already gotten my SL 5X5 in, and walked to work, will walk home and go to the gym for an Insanity class (supposed to be kickboxing, but swapped out for the month). With Wilbur's mini-walks I should hit about 15K steps.

Is it such a bad thing that I'm picturing you walking an enormous, fat, pot-bellied pig whenever you say his name? Because I totally do, thanks to Charlotte's Web--Wilbur will always be a pig name for me. :p
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

During iftar, we were talking, and he was like... "Did you see that post?"
    I replied, "What post?"
    He said, "The @SusieQ's husband post!"
    I was like, "No, not yet, I'm not caught up. What was it about?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

:p

BAHAHAHAH Mr. Susie is funny!

Yup, he is. I'm constantly laughing at him, so much so that he calls me his gigglebox. :p

Random and completely off-topic: With all the housekeeper talk, I wondered if anyone here knows how common it is to have a LIVE-IN maid in the Middle East? Almost every family that's middle income or higher has a housemaid living in their house--it's so popular that houses are built with a "maid's room" in the blueprints! In my family, we grew up having them, but I've always hated it SO MUCH because I really treasure my privacy--she was never allowed to come anywhere near my room or my stuff unless I was supervising, and generally I cleaned and cooked for myself, even when I was living at home. I hate the whole idea of it, and completely banished the idea of a live-in maid as soon as I got married, which my husband thankfully agrees with me about.

Here in Saudi Arabia, since women aren't allowed to drive, almost everyone also has a driver living with them as well--usually in an outdoor room. Driver's rooms are also a very common built-in feature of Saudi Arabian houses.

I'm just curious if this knowledge is commonly-known, or if it's going to surprise everyone. :D

I did know that a live in housemaid was common, but did not know a driver was. Here is my question.

The driver is obviously male, and it is the female of the house that cannot get herself places. But from what I know, an unrelated male and female could not be alone like that in a closed space, so how does it help to have a driver?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I'm also in SC!

Greenville!

Haha, not creeptastic at all! We definitely should! Maybe we can when I get back from FL!

Yay! Sending you a FR, btw lol!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.
    Isn't red velvet just red dyed chocolate?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

This! This is what I want and just wont settle for less!

Me either.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.
    Isn't red velvet just red dyed chocolate?

Pretty much. If it's done right, it's delicious, but lately all the big food folks have been trying to "drink the kool-aid" and turning out some nasty epic red velvet fails. Red velvet is my absolute favorite CAKE (IMHO the only thing that should even be called red velvet is the cake!), and I don't much care for anything else flavored as such. I tried the Oreos, but they weren't that impressive.

I just realized I get a little too passionate about this..... :flushed:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

During iftar, we were talking, and he was like... "Did you see that post?"
    I replied, "What post?"
    He said, "The @SusieQ's husband post!"
    I was like, "No, not yet, I'm not caught up. What was it about?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

:p

LOL @ I actually clicked the link to see if that was his profile name.

Now THAT is funny.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Don't judge, but I have a cleaning lady every week, she cleans my house before I get home for the weekend. I justify it by saying I don't have to spend precious Charlie time cleaning, and it's do nice to walk into a clean smelling home in the middle of the night every week. Beds made. Also I have never met the magical woman who looks after my house ( she also cleans for my mum). Also, o work pretty hard and have a full load of responsibilities, so I don't feel guilty.

I also have a man who walks my dog. But that's because he had to move in with my parents when I went to work in London and it wasn't fair to expect them to do it.

Susie, I did have an assumption that all Saudi homes had a maid and a driver. I got this from the Jean sassoon/princess sultana series of books. Have you read them?

I have, but I'm not a fan. :) As an expose of the corruption of the Saudi royalty, the author did a great job; but Islam was displayed in a terrible light, and it wasn't mentioned or highlighted that the corrupt "Shariah" that the royals enforce is NOT the true Islam, so the books honestly just make people hate Muslims even more.

For others... As a whole, Saudi women aren't nearly as oppressed as the media portrays them. The driving issue is real, but otherwise they're pretty normal as a whole, just like any other woman. Don't believe everything you read. :)

Well unless you are doing a really good job of fooling us you are not oppressed at all.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Good Stuff!!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    REALLY?? Page 14??? They show the last post being June 25th.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

You and I should get married. I plan the ceremony and the dress. You plan the food.

Although I want mine on the beach in East Hampton where my mom lives and to rent a house and just throw a big party as I have mentioned before. So we might need to be like Becky Bloomwood (confessions of a shopaholic for those who don't get the reference ) and have 2 weddings.

We are a match made in heaven! I'd love a beach wedding.

We should have 2 weddings, I'll cater them, ceremonies and outfits ate your department.

Don't judge, fantasy weddings are all I will ever have ;)

Me too so we are perfect. Maybe it's like 2 girlfriends going to prom together so they don't miss it. I never got to go to prom (no one asked me and back then friends did NOT go together). I still regret missing that dress. We can do our own wedding!

Okay is that maybe too weird? No judging...

I went with a male friend (roommate's buddy) who was totally HAWT. Like seriously droolworthy. It was fun, and soooo worth it to see the expressions on everyone's faces.

I later wore the same dress to get married. I recycled before it was cool.

I LOVE this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't either. When I had my cake biz I'd make it for tastings, hoping that nobody would order, but they always did. I have a bit of a thing about large amounts of food colour, so that alone would be enough to put me off, but combined with the fact that it's usually an oil recipe rather than butter, and that there's only 1tsp of cocoa, I'm out.

Sorry guys it has NOTHING to do with the cake. It's the cream cheese frosting.