Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal hugs. Sometimes we feel things for no obvious reason. Sometimes it is hormones. Sometimes we need to dig deeper to figure out why we have the feelings we have. Regardless, HUGS.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

Nice, thats gonna be awesome!

Bueller I'm excited for you that you are excited. He does have a nice voice but I really don't care for his choice of songs/lyrics. Personal preference. I'm hoping he will move into music I enjoy more as I do think he's talented.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D

I might have guessed. I am totally a girly girl and a Tom Boy. :)

I'm neither... I hate girly stuff like shopping, shoes, and make up, but I'm also not one who would like to "hang with the guys" or something like that. I would love to do stuff like horseback riding, running, climbing mountains, etc., but I think those are gender neutral things (except in Saudi Arabia. -_-)

I confess that I'm rather jealous that everyone's making plans to meet up at some future point and I'm over here with "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN" stamped all over my host country's forehead. *sigh* Although I'm such an anxious chicken that I'd probably never make it to a meet-up anyway...

Onto some positive things! My goals for today were to:
    - Do 30-60 minutes of exercise (Did sixty!)
    - Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water (Drank nearly THREE!)
    - Do the stair thing (Did TWENTY EIGHT FLIGHTS! That's counting up AND down. Up was 18!)
    - Finish the housework (Meh. Lazy won today.)
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and post them all over the house (DONE)
    - Stay within my calories (Totally accomplished! With room to spare!)

Today was a pretty big win overall! :) In case anyone is wondering, the sticky notes say:
    - What do you want more: To eat that bread, or your HEALTH and HAPPINESS? <-- Posted in my most common secret-eating spot.
    - You can do this! <-- On the refrigerator.
    - Stairs are FUN! *drawing of stairs* <-- Next to the front door.
    - Every meal can either bring you closer to your goal or take it further away. <-- In front of my dining chair, on the wall where I can see it as I'm eating.
    - Are those extra calories worth the EXTRA GUILT? <-- On the kitchen entrance.
    - Getting closer every day! <-- On a kitchen cabinet
    - Every kilo lost brings you closer to a FITBIT! <-- In front of my scale

And, just for fun: "Your wife is SUPER GREAT! *drawing of shark*" <-- On my husband's computer screen. ;)

You are amazing! I have 75% of my goals done...going to get some articles in before I go to bed so I can be at 100%!

Great job SusieQ and POF (and anyone else I missed) on meeting your goals today!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

I couldn't skip it. I could not move forward in catching up without saying something about this.

I won't share all of my specific stories but the first time I was sexually assaulted was by my 14 year old half brother while he was baby sitting me. I was four years old, and my 12 year old half sister watched.

After that, I was sexually assaulted 3 more times in my life at varying ages by various people(the idea that only men can rape is bull smurf). Only once out of those three did I seek justice.

In those moments in court I contemplated suicide. I thought about the shame of the situation and I felt like everything that happened to put me in that room defined my whole life.
    After I testified, my counselor said that the rape didn't define my life, but the moment in court DID. That moment was me taking control and holding someone accountable to their hurtful actions towards me. It took a long time before things balanced out and I was able to get out of my depression and let go of the thoughts of ending my life.

I've taken my life back and I have 30 pounds down to show for it. I'm strong, because I recognized my weakness and that I needed help.

Looking back, those situations are tiny blips in the radar of my past and do not compare to the amazing moments and real friends I have had since.

It seems difficult and you may feel alone, but help IS out there. All you have to do is find it.

And of course we're all here for you! :smile:

Eloquently worded @lilaclovebird
    I am so glad and happy for you that you pushed through it, held someone accountable, and found your path. Triumphant and resilient!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

I couldn't skip it. I could not move forward in catching up without saying something about this.

I won't share all of my specific stories but the first time I was sexually assaulted was by my 14 year old half brother while he was baby sitting me. I was four years old, and my 12 year old half sister watched.

After that, I was sexually assaulted 3 more times in my life at varying ages by various people(the idea that only men can rape is bull smurf). Only once out of those three did I seek justice.

In those moments in court I contemplated suicide. I thought about the shame of the situation and I felt like everything that happened to put me in that room defined my whole life.
    After I testified, my counselor said that the rape didn't define my life, but the moment in court DID. That moment was me taking control and holding someone accountable to their hurtful actions towards me. It took a long time before things balanced out and I was able to get out of my depression and let go of the thoughts of ending my life.

I've taken my life back and I have 30 pounds down to show for it. I'm strong, because I recognized my weakness and that I needed help.

Looking back, those situations are tiny blips in the radar of my past and do not compare to the amazing moments and real friends I have had since.

It seems difficult and you may feel alone, but help IS out there. All you have to do is find it.

Eloquently worded @lilaclovebird
    I am so glad and happy for you that you pushed through it, held someone accountable, and found your path. Triumphant and resilient!

@nonoelmo those words could also be used to describe yourself! :grin:

Now for Today:
    - At least 45 Minutes of exercise = I only got 30 minutes :disappointed:
    - Stay within 100 calories of my goal before exercise = ON POINT! WOO!
    - Actually buy a bottle of red wine and drink 5 oz of it = I just don't wanna go back to the store :unamused:
    - Get 10,000+ steps in by midnight = Totally didn't happen. :neutral:

New month! New day! New goals!

- Get 45 minutes of exercise
    - Stay withing 100 calories of my goal BEFORE exercise
    - Get 10,000 steps in by midnight
    - Drink 8+ glasses of water

Had to add the water now because I noticed :warning: 'things aren't moving' :warning: if you know what I mean.... :wink:
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth you move to the states and I'll move to the UK :)

I'm not moving to Ohio ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am so sorry this happened to you and am grateful you are able to put it in a place in your life and move beyond it. (Hugs)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok, I give up!

Seriously, I GIVE UP!

I had an important appointment today that I thought was at 3pm, turns out it was at 2pm. I am not even sure how that happened because that is very unlike me.

Then, just now, my son texts me, to tell me that HIS NEW BIKE THAT HE JUST BOUGHT LAST FRIDAY JUST GOT STOLEN FROM HIS PLACE OF WORK. Are you kidding me?? Not only is that two bikes in seven days, but he just spent nearly $300 FIVE DAYS AGO, and it is gone! He is a 17 year old kid, that is a lot of money to him.....sadly, it is a lot of money to me too, so I am not even sure how much I can help him out.

And he needs a bike to get to work, it is not like he is riding it for fun. He literally uses it for transportation to and from work! Now, he is gonna have to walk the 35 minute walk again for who knows how long until he gets another bike.

I feel terrible for him, I am truly gutted.

Do you have homeowners insurance? They might cover it. When I bought my tri bike I called to insure it. They told me it was covered under homeowners.

Technically it is, but with the deductible he would not get much of anything.

Yes but if it happens a 3rd time it would be 100% covered this year right?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hi everybody! It's be great and amusing to see your confessions. The ones I can relate to really made me smile!

So here it is... I've consumed an EXTRA 1400 calories today. I was feeling really down, there were free chips at work, I ate my grandmother's leftover hospital food, stressed, a bunch of other factors that I'm sure affect many of you regularly. I welcome whoever to look at my diary to see the damage.

Bad day today, tomorrow is Canada Day, cycling 73km on thurs, then 73km back home on friday... I keep telling myself I should be all right, but as most of you probably feel on bad days, I'm a guilty glutton

Welcome! I love your kitty!

Good luck and have fun on the ride!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh

Nooooo! Don't do it! I won't if you won't! HONOR SYSTEM!!! lol
    Thanks to all who talked me off the ledge!
    I didn't do it! Instead, I had 2 Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis Molten Chocolate cakes! 300 calories for both...way better than the almost 2000 that I would have eaten if I'd gone to DQ!

Awesome! If it's any consolation, I passed by the ice cream and gelato and got a pint of frozen greek yogurt. 600 cals for the container and it's all mine! lol

Hmmm, interesting...what brand/flavor is this frozen yogurt you speak of? And is it good? I'm doing groceries today and not sure I'll be as good at refusing temptations while I'm there. I need something to distract me...I can definitely fit 600 calories in...

@jthurman3, they are good!! And for 150 calories and only 30 seconds of waiting time...I'd say it's a pretty good little deal!! Let me know if you find/try them! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh

Buy the mini size ones. Just the right amount so you don't feel so guilty.

Nope just enough so you want more!

Yeah, that would be too hard for me to get a mini!! Plus, my coupon is for a medium size...no way I'm wasting that baby on a mini! ;)
    @Italian_Buju, that is awful about your son's bike AGAIN!! Jeesh, what's going on? And sorry about missing your appointment!! Maybe June was just a bad luck month for you...today is July 1st...a fresh start? :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.

If I had an income (I don't work), I would have donated too! My grandma died of Alzheimer's, so the cause does hit close to home. :) I'm definitely cheering you on!

Cheers mean as much as money Susie *hugs*

• orangesmartie
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yeah I'd love to! And have a little holiday at the same time ;)

Might be up @girldownsouth 's alley also
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    .....and we seemed to have jumped ship from Frozen to Doc McStuffins in our home. Instead of "Let it Go", now it's "Time For Your Checkup", and I'm not exactly sure which one is more annoying lol!

We've never seen Frozen...but I love Doc McStuffins! We went through a stage of watching a lot of Doc but have since moved on. I keep begging to watch it again...but nope. It's Paw Patrol, Mickey, and Backyardigans right now...with an occasional Bubble Guppies or Sherriff Callie's Wild West.

We used to be all nick jr like Paw Patrol and Backyardigans, but when we turned cable back on the package we got didn't include it, only Disney jr. Now it's Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First (which I actually happen to like since it includes some of the princesses), with the occasional request to watch the Peppa Pig DVD too lol. Doc is cute, but that song just grates my nerves for some reason lol!

You would hate driving in the car with us then... we have a whole cd of Doc songs!! I actually like it..other than the fact that each song is only like 45 seconds long...so longer car rides are just the same songs playing a million times over and over....
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Onto some positive things! My goals for today were to:
    - Do 30-60 minutes of exercise (Did sixty!)
    - Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water (Drank nearly THREE!)
    - Do the stair thing (Did TWENTY EIGHT FLIGHTS! That's counting up AND down. Up was 18!)
    - Finish the housework (Meh. Lazy won today.)
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and post them all over the house (DONE)
    - Stay within my calories (Totally accomplished! With room to spare!)

Today was a pretty big win overall! :) In case anyone is wondering, the sticky notes say:
    - What do you want more: To eat that bread, or your HEALTH and HAPPINESS? <-- Posted in my most common secret-eating spot.
    - You can do this! <-- On the refrigerator.
    - Stairs are FUN! *drawing of stairs* <-- Next to the front door.
    - Every meal can either bring you closer to your goal or take it further away. <-- In front of my dining chair, on the wall where I can see it as I'm eating.
    - Are those extra calories worth the EXTRA GUILT? <-- On the kitchen entrance.
    - Getting closer every day! <-- On a kitchen cabinet
    - Every kilo lost brings you closer to a FITBIT! <-- In front of my scale

And, just for fun: "Your wife is SUPER GREAT! *drawing of shark*" <-- On my husband's computer screen. ;)

Well done Susie, lots of good positive things done yesterday. And great motivational notes. I wish I could do that in my houses.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Ah, a few more sticky notes I forgot:

- You are stronger than you think. BELIEVE IT. <-- Kitchen entrance
    - Food does not control you. Don't let it. <-- Kitchen wall

A lot of my "weaknesses" tend to happen in the kitchen, so I did put a lot of focus there. I feel a bit silly with them all around, but I'm hoping that they'll help!

they will help. But you might find it useful to move them around every week or so, to different places, or to swap notes, because your eyes and brain will get used to them and you'll stop registering them.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Hi everybody! It's be great and amusing to see your confessions. The ones I can relate to really made me smile!

So here it is... I've consumed an EXTRA 1400 calories today. I was feeling really down, there were free chips at work, I ate my grandmother's leftover hospital food, stressed, a bunch of other factors that I'm sure affect many of you regularly. I welcome whoever to look at my diary to see the damage.

Bad day today, tomorrow is Canada Day, cycling 73km on thurs, then 73km back home on friday... I keep telling myself I should be all right, but as most of you probably feel on bad days, I'm a guilty glutton
    Welcome and have a nice ride!

Ditto! And cute cat in your profile picture! :)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: When I started gaining weight a little over a year ago, I still insisted on cramming myself into pants that were quickly becoming too small. The fact of the "too smallness" of the pants was confirmed when the button closing the top shot off them when I tried to refasten them after using the restroom. On the bright side, I was alone in the bathroom, so there were no witnesses. On the down side, well... my button had /rage quit my pants.

Confession #2: I don't know how to sew a button.

Confession #3: I kept the defective pants.

Confession #4: I am now able to wear these pants comfortably again (heck they are EVEN MORE COMFY without the button... ha!), but they are loose. They need a fastener.

Confession #5: I "borrowed" a binder clip from the office supply cabinet at work to fasten my pants. :wink:

thats awesome
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    z8cjhd4m7dh4.jpg

A little OHIO pride for y'all <3:*

Oh! I thought they were trying to do YMCA :blush:

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yeah I'd love to! And have a little holiday at the same time ;)

Might be up @girldownsouth 's alley also

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...