Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.

Wow! I was sharing with my 7 year old that I knew some people with kids who didn't brush their teeth when they were his age and now their teeth are ruined. He was mortified and brushed extra well last night and this morning!
    I wish I was smart enough to have done that at his age!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: Two and a half work days til I go on vacation. I have three reports to knock out before I go. I had seven total, but I've already completed four of them this week. The confession part? I probably could have finished all of them on Monday, if I hadn't screwed around (and been on this thread so much :p ), but I don't want to start anything new and have it half done when I go on vacation. So, I've made a pact with myself to complete two reports per day, and one on Friday. My boss totally thinks I'm working my butt off, trying to get everything completed before I go. In reality I am screwing off and stretching this little bit of work out through the whole week.

My motivation has gone on vacation with my brain.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

ETA: I can find things sometimes at JCPenney's. They seem to carry larger sizes sometimes.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

LOVE zappos!! VIP member here :) Sorry I do not have large(r) feet though, I'm a 6.5 or 7 depending on the brand. I hate my toes though, doesn't stop me from wearing open toed shoes! I just make sure I've had a pedicure- so summer time that's what I spend my money on every 2 to 3 weeks...Pedicures and waxes haha :p
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it

+me. I hate hate HATE them!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

All of these, but especially treating staff badly or not tipping well. I worked as a server/bartender for almost 10 years. You can tell so much about someone by the way they treat servers and bartenders.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Are sweet pickles like relish? I'll take that over a sour pickle any day!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

Mmm We had marble slab in Texas...I make do with Cold Stone up here but it's not the same :(
    Where I live in Texas we actually have both!! Marble Slab and Cold Stone!
    Same here! I admit, I'm not the biggest Cold Stone fan though.

I've only gotten Cold Stone a few times. On my birthday a few weeks ago, I got the massive size (Gotta Love it) of the Cookie Doughn't You Want Some flavor and it was gooooood!!!! My husband's birthday is on Friday and I want to go get ice cream there after dinner just so I can get it again.
    Speaking of ice cream, I am most likely going to DQ for my blizzard (yes, I'm STILL talking about this) today. Not a lot of sleep usually equals bad choices AND it expires in 2 days AND it's going to be very humid today and I think I should eat ice cream to stay cool ;)
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

I have been so close to going since I got it 2 weeks ago. But I have waaaay overindulged many days already..
    Also, my husband is working a ton lately and never home which means it's me and my son...so 2 medium blizzards(it's buy one get one free) between the two of us means I'm eating 1.75 of the 2. Which is great except that I have to get myself under control with my sweets...and eating almost 2 whole blizzards doesn't exactly fall into that category.
    I hear ya with sweets control. I went back to finish logging my weekend and I probably ate more sweets than anything on Sunday and probably would have on Saturday had it not been for the pizza. :/

Mmmm...pizza....

Worst case, you get the two, put a lid on one, split the other with your son and the other goes in the freezer for later!!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

You sound like a fabulous dad!

Thank you. I do try... :blush: (probably because I didn't have much of a father figure when I was growing up)
  • kellienw335
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

I have long hair, down to nearly the bottom of my back. Sometimes I discover massive knots that seem to take up residence in my ponytail. I am 32 and need to be more self aware too!!

<3 loooove me some long hair. Brings out the *RAWR* in me. :naughty:

And then you could practice your french braids (plaits where I live) on it!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the sour pickles over the sweet ones. My dad used to get ANGRY upon receiving sweet pickles ("What kind of fool would take a perfectly good pickle and put it in this sweet crap?!" :lol: ). Luckily my whole family seems to agree on pickle preference... though I always did like Wickles.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

Okay! I amend my previous statement to sweet pickles can go die in the acid bath of your tummy. ;)You can have all of them.

Every single one. Because I don't like the sweet one's either. And sweet relish can be thrown in a volcano and sacrificed to the dill relish god!

What do you put in tuna and egg salad? You can NOT make those without sweet pickles!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:
    It isn't always easy to watch people eating what you really want. So, I don't judge. I just remind myself that they will have spammy pimples, watery bloat and rotten teeth and I will remain FABULOUS!

Haha spammy pimples are back!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    So, tonight for dinner we're having crescent dogs (or pigs in a blanket if you will), maple baked beans, and salad. I'm actually excited about this lol.

Love pigs in a blanket! Can I come over for dinner?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't know what sweet pickles are.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

I have long hair, down to nearly the bottom of my back. Sometimes I discover massive knots that seem to take up residence in my ponytail. I am 32 and need to be more self aware too!!

<3 loooove me some long hair. Brings out the *RAWR* in me. :naughty:

And then you could practice your french braids (plaits where I live) on it!

LOL please, go on... :innocent:

Funny thing is I see some women with this long, beautiful, silky smooth, flowing hair that looks like it's never once tangled, well my daughters hair is the exact opposite. Even with gobs of great conditioner, after a day of playing her hair becomes a full on gridlock. Thank God for the 'wet brush'. Such a lifesaver.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Stopping by for fellow shoe freaks... posted in the batcave/random picture thread.

Will check in tonight. Just so glad Susie is back, I can rest easy now not checking in today... (if I can totally resist)