Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 good luck on your race!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    So much attention seeking followed by nasty flirting. It's really pathetic.

Says you after your long hair comments and offers to the single ladies of the thread ;) hahaha
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    So much attention seeking followed by nasty flirting. It's really pathetic.

Says you after your long hair comments and offers to the single ladies of the thread ;) hahaha

Facts, not flirting. I do love me some long hair and maybe there ARE plenty of great guys in Ashland, VA. I know of at least one. lol :smirk: (sorry, that's all I got!)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Anything paranormal and I am all over it! I've had run ins with "spirits" (whatever term you go with) when I was younger, seeing them and communicating with them. Now I still have sightings but it's not as vivid as a child. I think the most vivid and scary memory I have is when I was 6 or so a close family friend and my babysitter passed away overnight from a stroke, no one knew until the morning. I have a very vivid memory of waking up in the middle of the night with her standing next to my bed, she reached out and pushed my hair out of my way and then poof gone. Finding out the next morning she had passed was terrifying, it took a long time for me to come terms with what happened.

This happened to a friend of my mom's. Her dad appeared to her when she was sitting in a bubble bath and told her that he was drowning and needed to go now, and to please take care of her mother. She found out just a few hours later that he had drowned in the sea.

Now that is a bit freaky!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

That.... looks... incredible!

That looks breathtakingly beautiful @peleroja
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I was going to ask you about it but couldn't figure out how to send you a message through the app. Which one are they sending you?

Just the up 2 band..I wish it was the four haha

Wow I didn't know they had a four. I wonder when the three will hit stores?

Do any of you have the Up3? If so do you like it?

I am thinking of possibly getting the Up3 if it has decent reviews or the Fitbit Charge HR. I am getting sick of my Fitbit Flex & how it leaves a small rash on the top of my wrist after wearing it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Guys, help me out by going to this thread and telling this woman she is hurting herself.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151578/lost-123-pounds-in-8-months-before-after#latest

Oh my, she is crazy, that is so unhealthy.

Thanks @bkhamill. If enough of us say something, maybe a little will sink in.

I just noticed that post was from April, hope she has not killed herself already.

Those kinds of threads never end well. I'd say something, but I'd probably get in trouble. I don't know how to say anything nice there lol, and also wtf is up with everyone congratulating her on doing something so dangerous?

I think a lot of people don't really read what they did to get their results & just blindly congratulate someone or like @Susieq_1994 said people are afraid to speak up.

If she had posted what she was doing in the General Discussion she would've definitely been ripped to shreds & then some.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    It was in the introduce yourself section. So probably quite a few new people.

Hrm maybe she's one of the posters who advertise certain companies for weight loss.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Mmm peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches!! My dad loves peanut butter and pickle sandwiches YUCK.

Eww!

My stepdad's uncle put mayonnaise on spaghetti & I thought that was the weirdest thing ever.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So I've discovered today that vanilla Greek yogurt and chocolate syrup make quite a yummy and filling snack (20g protein for a full cup and just at 180 calories, add another 100 for 2tbsp chocolate syrup)! Yum! :)

Since you like honey here's a recipe I found on Pinterest before

http://www.girlgonecountry.com/recipes-2/cookie-dough-greek-yogurt-3/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jjrscott wrote: »
    I didn't count calories yesterday or today (it was starting to feel obsessive). Today I went a bit overboard with a tray from cookout. I ate the fries, most of the vanilla milk shake. I also had a coke.

Sounds like a fun day of food. Did you dip your fries in the shake?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Had a crummy day at work today so I went and spent a whack of money on some new clothes after work. Thanks to the coworker who annoyed me I now have some new outfits.

Yeah! Where did you go shopping? I think next time a coworker annoys me instead of overeating I should look for new clothes on eBay, 6pm, or Posh Mark.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I was going to ask you about it but couldn't figure out how to send you a message through the app. Which one are they sending you?

Just the up 2 band..I wish it was the four haha

Wow I didn't know they had a four. I wonder when the three will hit stores?

Do any of you have the Up3? If so do you like it?

I am thinking of possibly getting the Up3 if it has decent reviews or the Fitbit Charge HR. I am getting sick of my Fitbit Flex & how it leaves a small rash on the top of my wrist after wearing it.

I got a rash from the Flex too! If you contact Fitbit customer service, they will refund or replace with a different model. That's what I did.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.

ETA: I put up a pic of little bit on the random pics thread.

I got a puppy for our 1st anniversary too! And I had a baby 1 month after my 40th birthday. We were definitely trying tho. I'm pretty sure we're done. My husband is content with just one but I think his reasoning has to do with how much daycare costs. I would love to have another but I think my age is a problem. Of course the doctor says it's still possible.

Nowadays we seem to be having kids later in life. Lots of OBs treat us the same as a younger ladies, as long as there are no known genetic or physical issues. I just don't have the energy plus I want to be able to do the couples only vacation before I retire. I am already pushing that one!

It's not such a new thing - my grandmother had my mother aged 46, and that was in the 1950s. But she was the youngest of 13 and a result of nature taking its course (no family planning back then!). I think what's newer nowadays is delaying starting a family altogether until you're a little older. Which I totally understand!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

Ok, so I don't understand the obsession with Duke's mayo around here! Also, and please don't kick me out of the thread, but unless it's a PB&J, I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. *runs and hides*
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

No need to yell! LOL! That looks amazing! Although I don't really like camping.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX

It can work, its just difficult. Triadic relationships such as ours are rare, because, its generally not easy to find two other people that you fall in love with, who also fall in love with each other.

I think when i say equal, i don't mean equal in terms of how much you love someone, but more, that you view the relationships as equally important. I love both my partners, but for different reasons. I have never tried to quantify it (i love Mrs more than Mr for example). I just know that i love them both, very much. I guess its the same as having more than one child. You generally love them for all their quirks and faults, and don't think i love X more than Y.

He does have issues and we are trying to support him in working on them, he let them slide when he started this new job and we're back to telling him it is essential. I have suggested group counselling, but trying to find a counsellor that can deal with our dynamic is tough.

Staying at starbucks wasn't my first choice, but all the hotels were full, so it seemed the safest option, well lit, toilets, drinks, CCTV. It wasn't like i was going to get a lot of sleep anyway. Next time, i'll book a hotel before storming out ;)

The thing is, when we're all working and pulling in the same direction, our relationships are absolutely amazing, so easy and comfortable. we all get on so well, have such similar views on things and can spend hours having random conversations, about not very much. We've even designed our dream house (for when we win the lottery) to the extent of getting out a laptop and drawing floorplans in paint. We have been friends a very long time and i think perhaps what we have is more a difference in language X means Y to me, but him it means Z. I need to clarify this, and will be doing so this weekend. Equally, when things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.

I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

I'm going to confess this and hope I don't get blasted. From my religious (Christian) view point, I don't agree with @orangesmartie's relationship set-up. However, my religion also says "Judge not." So, I have not been judging, but listening and learning. I find that I have learned a lot when I listen without judging. So, thank you, @orangesmartie, for helping me improve on me.

ETA: A big chicken part of me wants to delete this ASAP...

I suspect you are not alone. I hope I do not make you uncomfortable in talking about it. And thank you for your honesty.

Nope. And I'm glad you understand what I was trying to say, without being offended. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That is awesome, @kyrah702! Do what you have to do to feel comfortable and keep at it!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Had a crummy day at work today so I went and spent a whack of money on some new clothes after work. Thanks to the coworker who annoyed me I now have some new outfits.

This made me gleeful! I love new clothes and I really love the reason for your "retail therapy."
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Quite an exciting weekend lined up for me. We'll be telling my parents we're expecting their first grandchild. My mother will be ridiculously pleased as she's been dropping 'I wish I was a Grandma' hints for years. Although I am slightly wary as I value my privacy and this will truly let the cat out of the bag as she can't keep her mouth closed at all. All peace and quiet will be shattered!

Is it bad that I'm also pretty excited because there will be nice food? I've planned to tell them before dinner simply so I can eat cake without getting the usual 'aren't you watching your weight?' spiel.