Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.
    We watched the first few series of Dexter and bailed before it got really bad. I was always a bit weirded out by the fact that his sister in the show was his wife in real life (at the time, anyway). When I heard how bad the ending was, I felt quite pleased that I hadn't invested any more time in it!

Agree about BB - I'm re-watching right now and it totally delivers on all fronts, right to the very end.

This makes me very happy.

I also hated the way they ended Dexter. They should have left well enough alone. Without the extra bit at the very end. I, too, thought it was weird that he was married to Jennifer Carpenter who played his sister on the show.
    In all fairness, they got married AFTER meeting on the show.....it would be weirder if they did cast them like that!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.

I feel for you and your family so much. :( I truly hope that this will turn out to be a positive thing for you!

Seconding this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We have four freezers! :#
    One is the little side-by-side fridge combo one in the kitchen (useless for storing anything larger than a loaf of bread), one is a large upright one in the mudroom (used all the time) and one is a chest freezer in the basement - a throwback to my food biz days. I also have a fridge/freezer combo in my craft (ex-baking) room which gets used only at Christmas! We really don't need them all, and I'm working on emptying the basement one. We can re-fill it if the zombie apocalypse starts looking likely!
    I SO wish I had room for a chest freezer. My bread-hoarding tendencies can only go so far in my regular one before we can't fit any meat or chicken in there anymore... ;)
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We have four freezers! :#
    One is the little side-by-side fridge combo one in the kitchen (useless for storing anything larger than a loaf of bread), one is a large upright one in the mudroom (used all the time) and one is a chest freezer in the basement - a throwback to my food biz days. I also have a fridge/freezer combo in my craft (ex-baking) room which gets used only at Christmas! We really don't need them all, and I'm working on emptying the basement one. We can re-fill it if the zombie apocalypse starts looking likely!
    I SO wish I had room for a chest freezer. My bread-hoarding tendencies can only go so far in my regular one before we can't fit any meat or chicken in there anymore... ;)

I often have to close mine with two ten pound weights, lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 I think that's really cool! I have an excel sheet as well, but I don't know how to make a graph. I track the things that my body fat scale tracks (while being fully aware that the accuracy is pretty much out the window), so I track weight, body fat percentage, skeletal muscle percentage, visceral fat, BMI, BMR, and body "age". I track these things weekly, every Monday. I also track measurements on a monthly basis, measuring on the first of each month.

I admit that I haven't updated the poor thing in months, though--not since I started struggling and slacking.

Its a spreadsheet I started using when I was on HCG. It predicts where you are going to land based on your weight loss. I didn't create it. I added the steps, etc. My sister and friend's husband don't track alcohol. That is all mine. :)

Although...my sister should.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

I'd say mine lasts about (roughly) two months, and same for my husband, and we use deodorant religiously. We both use a cream-based deodorant, as opposed to gel or aerosol. Maybe he just uses a lot of it at one time?

I think mine lasts about two months too, but I also think I might slather it on a bit. I'm not sure how long my husband's lasts because he's usually got two in his gym bag and one at his desk and one in his travel kit and one in the bathroom and I feel like I'm always replacing one of them. But he has a horror of running out after an incident a couple years ago when he had to borrow mine and smelled like "va-va-vanilla" or something equally dumb all day.

Since I hoard hygiene supplies, this never happens. Both my husband and I have three extra... (containers? Sticks? Bars? What in the heck do you call the things?) deodorant thingies (technical term, of course), so neither of us will run out in the foreseeable future. ;)
    I like the sound of "deodorant thingies." :lol: I call them sticks! I should probably hoard some hygeine products... because I have had some incidents myself where I wanted to take a shower and there was no more shampoo... so I had to go to the store feeling gross. Blah.

My cabinet is full of extra shampoo, conditioner, body wash, cakes of soap, hand wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, lotions, leave-in spray hair conditioners, deodorant, toilet paper... I practically hoard the things. :p According to a few others in this thread, they're even worse and have 10+ of each item--I only have 2 or 3 extras each. ;)

*raises hand*

I knew one was you. :p I THINK (but I'm completely not sure) that @peleroja may have been the other one?

I do this on a much smaller scale. I always need an heir and a spare. One back up is enough for me. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I am a total food snob

I only like very high quality ice cream, I basically only eat Häagen-Dazs. Same with popcorn, it HAS to be real butter! For cookies, I don't eat like Christie cookies or anything like that, only bakery type ones or homemade. I -have- eaten boxed cookies in a pinch but I would never CHOOSE to eat that.

Today, I bought two Quest Bars (almost $4 each!). One chocolate peanut butter, and one chocolate chip cookie dough.....these better be good guys!!!

I also bought a box of 100 Stevia packets ($8!!!), and I tried to make a lemonade, as I have heard that is good, and it was NASTY! I wonder what I can make with it that will taste good......

Both those things are cuz of this thread, lol.

Well I am almost caught up here, will have to catch up in the batcave tomorrow, too tired tonight.....I am gonna have some popcorn and watch Devious Maids from last night. I actually got lucky and get a second night at home alone tomorrow (well some of it), cuz my daughter and her boyfriend are going out for dinner and a movie, so tomorrow I should get more time online since I am only going to come home after work.....

SO glad I got to swim today, it was wonderful.....except for the three charlie horses I got.....ugh. That is why I have to go for those tests on my legs....I keep getting really bad, really long charlie horses in my calves....like to the point where they will be sore for days afterwards, they are the most intense ones I have ever had in my life, and getting more and more frequent. I hope they can figure this out cuz the pain is terrible.....

On an awkward note.....I threw my bathing suit on and went the testing place (had shorts and a shirt over it of course), because I was heading right over to the pool afterwards. The lady says "I need you to take off everything except your bra and underwear."

Great, except I am wearing a one piece bathing suit!

I had to lay naked for the 45 minute test, lol. She put some paper over me,, but it just ripped and moved....

:expressionless:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.

:/

I am sorry!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

How long did it take you to be able to deadlift and squat your weight??

I've been working 5X5's since November. I could deadlift my body weight (190 lbs) by mid-April. I could squat it by mid-June, but I have since de-loaded to work on my form.

I'm currently at 235 on my deadlift, 140 on my squat and 120 on my bench.

Color me impressed. I can squat and dead lift 100 and bench 80. I backed my squat down to 75 today because I "lost" my left knee during the stretches at Barre class beforehand. I'm eventually going to need left knee replacement, my ACL is weak and my meniscus is torn nearly in two plus I have a popliteal cyst. What I mean by "lost" is that the meniscus slid out under the ACL, and I couldn't straighten my leg for several minutes. I got the cartilage back where it goes and backed off my leg day weights as a precaution. And then my orthopedic surgeon walked in as I finished. I was glad he couldn't hear my knee today. Better to see him socially than professionally.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I finally made a doctor appointment about my extreme loss of appetite. I go on August 3rd. Hopefully she'll test my leptin, ghrelin, and TSH levels because last time I had a blood test done none of those were tested.

If you want these tested, ask for it. We work for you...in spite of the years of education, you are the boss in your relationship with your doctor and his/her staff. Also, we can't read your mind so ask questions and tell us everything. Please... thank you from the girl who works for a large multiple specialist physician practice. (Note: I am a bean counter, I argue to get things paid, the more info we have, the easier that is. Even for a million dollar baby or cancer patient.)

ETA: I hope you don't think I am a jerk for that little rant. I get really upset when I ask a new patient what they are taking drug x for and the answer is the doctor told me to. Please ask us why and please ask if you want a certain test. It may be a zebra when we're still looking for horses, but the more puzzle pieces we have, the better we are at helping you feel better. And I really want everyone here to feel better and for it to happen soon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 you ready for Pretty Little Liars? Three more episodes after this one until Charles is revealed.
    They lost me at the end of season one. They followed the book so closely that when they got picked up for a second season they had to break the story to keep the show going. I have literally never watched it again...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I am a total food snob

I only like very high quality ice cream, I basically only eat Häagen-Dazs. Same with popcorn, it HAS to be real butter! For cookies, I don't eat like Christie cookies or anything like that, only bakery type ones or homemade. I -have- eaten boxed cookies in a pinch but I would never CHOOSE to eat that.

Today, I bought two Quest Bars (almost $4 each!). One chocolate peanut butter, and one chocolate chip cookie dough.....these better be good guys!!!

I also bought a box of 100 Stevia packets ($8!!!), and I tried to make a lemonade, as I have heard that is good, and it was NASTY! I wonder what I can make with it that will taste good......

Both those things are cuz of this thread, lol.

I admit that I hate Haagen Dazs. It may be because ice cream just doesn't seem to ship well to the Middle East, but it had some kind of nasty aftertaste and just didn't taste at all good on the one occasion that I tried it (don't remember the flavor), so I haven't been inclined to taste it again.

Eight dollars?! I buy a local brand that's stevia mixed with a bit of Splenda--it's called Steviana and it's pretty cheap--I get 150 packets for probably around five dollars? Sugar is obviously cheaper, but I never use sugar in anything except baking, and haven't done so for years (we've always been sweetener people in my family's house, since my mom is a chronic dieter). I use it in everything, and I think it tastes fine. But when my mom tried Stevia in the Raw (which I also thought tasted fine), she thought it had a terrible aftertaste and it gave her headaches. I'd say it depends on the person.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju I totally would have died if I would have had to lay there naked. Sorry you had to go through that. Conversely I am glad you finally got to go swimming. I remember from your posts how you had been looking forward to it.

On the cookie side of things the only kind I remember really liking were these white ones my gradma would make and she would put a dab of icing on them and a chocolate chip in the middle. I miss those.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Something about it is not good for me. Literally every time I eat it my weight spikes. I figure its water weight?

Just out of curiosity, does all corn cause this, or just popcorn?

I like popcorn, but it's definitely a sometimes food for me because I can't stop at a single serving.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

Hugs. And hope...my son who has Aspergers Syndrome is starting college in a few weeks. He has fewer friends than some teens, but he doesn't seem to mind that. Raelynn will find her own normal. It really will be hard but it really will be better than either of you thinks right now.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @Italian_Buju I totally would have died if I would have had to lay there naked. Sorry you had to go through that. Conversely I am glad you finally got to go swimming. I remember from your posts how you had been looking forward to it.

On the cookie side of things the only kind I remember really liking were these white ones my gradma would make and she would put a dab of icing on them and a chocolate chip in the middle. I miss those.

Meh, it was a bit odd but things like that don't really bother me. I posted here a long time ago that I am comfortable with nakedness, I walk around the YMCA change room and whatnot, no problem. It was more so awkward cuz neither of us expected that lol.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes everyone! It means a lot! ❤️

I've noticed she's started waking up during the night again even after taking melatonin, so I don't know what could be causing that. Her doctor did say if she wakes up before 3 am to give her another dose, I just hate the idea that she has to take something just to sleep. :neutral:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wahoo @lilaclovebird, @Glinda1971 and @quiksylver296!

See cool kids, our thread is good for weight loss :)

Yup. +1 to this.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and I know you'll get back on track. I missed you on here yesterday, but definitely understand the need to withdraw sometimes. I hope the FND calms down and that you feel much better soon. You will earn that fitbit! I have no doubt - you have so many people who believe in you and who are thinking of you! Hugs!

+1 to all this, especially the bolded.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.

Another song that everyone thinks is so poppy & upbeat but is the exact opposite is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-Charmed_Life#Content

The lead singer said it's about drug addiction.

School shooting....give it a listen....

https://youtu.be/SDTZ7iX4vTQ

• BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.

Another song that everyone thinks is so poppy & upbeat but is the exact opposite is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-Charmed_Life#Content

The lead singer said it's about drug addiction.
    Or the Barry Manilow one about liking Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, which is about hooking up with a woman from the personal ads.

Or how about Foster The Peoples' 'Pumped up Kicks' talking about guns and school shootings..ugh awful!

I just posted the video for that one...Or how about the inspiration for Jump by Van Halen

See, it's not so much the lyrics that make this song depressing so much as David Lee Roth's inspiration for writing it. Don't take my word for it, though, let the man tell you himself:

"I was watching television one night and it was the five o'clock news and there was a fellow standing on top of the Arco Towers in Los Angeles and he was about to check out early, he was going to do the 33 stories drop -- and there was a whole crowd of people in the parking lot downstairs yelling "Don't jump, don't jump" and I thought to myself, "Jump." So, I wrote it down and ultimately it made in onto the record ..."

Yup.... And there's this one. This song is about your friends stabbing you in the back and your pets and parents dying.

https://youtu.be/NHozn0YXAeE