Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't know if you recall how my daughter was really struggling with her health..? (Anemia, exhaustion, depression, really bad periods.)

Yesterday was blood test results day. Turns out her iron is up to a healthy level (yay for Feramax!) and her thyroid function is normal. The latter was a real surprise because ALL of her symptoms fit for hypothyroidism, but apparently it's not that. Despite the fact that she's on a seasonal birth control pill to try to reign in her brutal periods, she's been bleeding almost constantly for three months. Our doctor has asked her to keep taking them until she can get in to see a gynecologist. She's also referred her for a pelvic ultrasound, and clearly thinks this is the cause of all her problems. They agreed that her weepiness/depression is a symptom, and not the problem in itself, so won't treat that for now. She's really liking her new job, so things are better at the moment anyway.

I feel a bit disappointed that we didn't get a definite answer, but I know it's good that she doesn't have a lifelong condition. I'm now hoping that maybe she'll get a D&C and an IUD and it might make everything better.... The doc said that because she's so young and having a tough time, she should be able to see a gyno within the next few weeks, so fingers crossed.

This sounds like the beginning of good news at least!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am FINALLY finished season three of Orange Is The New Black!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.
    But you are so freaking cute! Adorable even!
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.

Hugs. I don't think you're any of those things, but I have felt the same way.
    Thanks to both of you! :blush: Luckily I was actually entertained by the tennis game. One of the players got really mad and went on a brief strike against the umpire... he just sat there in a chair and the other player sat up in the stands. Then he proceeded to go back to the game after getting some penalty strikes for misconduct and breaking his racket... and he was kind of funny to watch (''WHY YOU LET THIS PEOPLE SIT IN CHAIR?!"). He ended up winning. It was really really hot out there though, and I kept feeling gross. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a bit better about myself.

@SusieQ_1994 I'm glad you're getting some pain relief! I hope it just continues to get better and I'm sorry you have to go through all of that :(
    @Tubbs216 I hope they figure out what's wrong with your daughter! Good luck to you both!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

ETA: Since I've already been quoted and look dumb, uhhh... Spool was supposed to be "soooo". Autocorrect, not drugs, I swear! ;)

I love a good toradol injection. I don't know if that's what they gave you, but I am super happy whatever it was worked.

I don't know how toradol is but I hallucinate on codine. I know it is not real but am still distracted by it.

Toradol is an injectable pain medication that makes me sleepy, but not hallucinatory and it is non-addictive. The generic name is ketorolac. I end up taking it about once every 18 months for a migraine I cannot shake with oral meds and I used to need it every six months or somatic my back. That's gotten a ton better since I stopped eating gluten four years ago, but it's nice to know it's an option.

I'm glad you found something that works.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    Heard from my doctor yesterday about my pelvic ultrasound, and it turns out that I have a uterine fibroid. Thankfully it's benign. She said I don't have to worry. I'm still waiting on my blood test results for my insulin, DHEA, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and estrogen levels.

Its great news that it is benign. Good luck on the other tests.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

ETA: Since I've already been quoted and look dumb, uhhh... Spool was supposed to be "soooo". Autocorrect, not drugs, I swear! ;)

YAY!!!! I'm SPOOL happy for you!!! ;)
    Awww, leave Susie alone; she's stoned.

That made me laugh out loud
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Heard from my doctor yesterday about my pelvic ultrasound, and it turns out that I have a uterine fibroid. Thankfully it's benign. She said I don't have to worry. I'm still waiting on my blood test results for my insulin, DHEA, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and estrogen levels.

Glad to hear it's benign and you won't have to worry about that! Fingers crossed everything else turns up alright.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better @Susieq_1994
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

So glad it's benign!!! Good news!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks @riderfangal @spacequiztime and @Tubbs216 for the encouraging words. I'm already down 2 pounds (stupid sodium) and I'm hoping to hit 182 again by the end of next week but until then I am avoiding the scale like the plague and increasing my water intake. Bonus: I'm also constipated....UGH!

Had a women's exam and physical on the 6th where my doctor asked if my weight loss was intentional. She said so far, I'm doing everything right but she worries about women my age and weight loss so she wants me to check in with her when I hit 160 to see where my head is at.

During the papsmear she noticed a slight bacterial infection and she said it SHOULD clear up on it's own but she wanted a full STD panel just to be sure(if ANYTHING comes back positive look for Sergeant Sexy Pants in the obituaries :lol: ).
    I had some abdominal pain during part of the exam, so when the blood panel comes back we'll see if I have an ultrasound in my future or not. :grimace:

Of course she wants to check my cholesterol(high cholesterol runs in my family) reminded me that I have a little less than 4 years before she wants me to get my first mammogram (yuck!) because breast cancer is so heavy in my family.

She has also ordered a full metabolic blood panel which I have never heard of and she has never asked for before so I am pretty nervous about it. She said it would give her an idea if she could help in any way with my weight loss.

Hopefully, everything comes back normal. Whenever I go to the doctor is the only time I ever REALLY just want to be normal.

ETA: Glad your doctor gave you something to help @Susieq_1994 :smiley: And Codeine has the potential to constipate the SMURF outta you so use with caution. :tongue:
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lying in bed trying to decide whether to go to the gym, or treat myself to staying in bed and watching next great baker all day
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Rest days are sometimes really good for us @orangesmartie

And you've been on point for over a week, so if it's not going to cause any sort of set back I say go for it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I am glad you have a prescription to help with the pain & here's hoping you're pain free soon!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i ate a whole pizza and a garlic bread last night. I was so full and sick I had to stop for a rest mid-eat, but then I went back and ate more 10 minutes later
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Ah, the good stuff! Watch out for the dreams. Last time I had codeine I had really wonky, weird dreams and also they were tactile which is unusual for me.

I always have the wonkiest dreams as it is, so I can't wait to see how much wonkier they can get... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

That's fantastic news!

Umm... codeine is wickedly constipating... just sayin'

Sigh... Just what I need. Oh well. The codeine is a use-as-needed drug, accompanied by a pile of NSAIDs and muscle relaxers, so hopefully they'll be enough without the codeine? :D I took the muscle relaxer last night and the diclofenac this morning, and while I'm feeling some pain, it's nothing like it was before.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I don't know if you recall how my daughter was really struggling with her health..? (Anemia, exhaustion, depression, really bad periods.)

Yesterday was blood test results day. Turns out her iron is up to a healthy level (yay for Feramax!) and her thyroid function is normal. The latter was a real surprise because ALL of her symptoms fit for hypothyroidism, but apparently it's not that. Despite the fact that she's on a seasonal birth control pill to try to reign in her brutal periods, she's been bleeding almost constantly for three months. Our doctor has asked her to keep taking them until she can get in to see a gynecologist. She's also referred her for a pelvic ultrasound, and clearly thinks this is the cause of all her problems. They agreed that her weepiness/depression is a symptom, and not the problem in itself, so won't treat that for now. She's really liking her new job, so things are better at the moment anyway.

I feel a bit disappointed that we didn't get a definite answer, but I know it's good that she doesn't have a lifelong condition. I'm now hoping that maybe she'll get a D&C and an IUD and it might make everything better.... The doc said that because she's so young and having a tough time, she should be able to see a gyno within the next few weeks, so fingers crossed.

She sounds a lot like my sister, and she never really got a solution because my mom didn't follow up--she's still struggling. I really hope you get some definite answers so she can get what she needs!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    i ate a whole pizza and a garlic bread last night. I was so full and sick I had to stop for a rest mid-eat, but then I went back and ate more 10 minutes later

There are TWO of me, you guys! :o Welcome to the thread, other SusieQ! ;)

Editing to add: This confession sounds very much like something I would do. I'm sure you're not alone!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

There are TWO of me, you guys! :o Welcome to the thread, other SusieQ! ;)

Editing to add: This confession sounds very much like something I would do. I'm sure you're not alone!

BOTH SusieQ's could BOTH eat a WHOLE pizza. Wow...the similarities.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Welcome to the thread. This sounds like something I would definitely do!