Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I confess that today I have a general feeling of bleh. I mean, I've lost 2.5 kg (a little over 5 lbs) and I'm doing great with exercise, steps, and calories. But then I looked in the mirror this morning, and I just felt so fat and squishy and just ugly. :/

Also, I'm sad, because I earned calories to have cheesecake today, but Mr. Susie fell asleep. Now I don't get to have cheesecake. Tomorrow, maybe? :smiley:

Cheese cake? Sounds lovely.
    Hope your bless go away.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

Which is why I am checking in here this am... more manageable. I do all of them that I am interested in tho. I find you guys fascinating. ;)

I like coming in here and seeing new people. I'll keep coming in here first. It's good to have new thoughts/confessions.

And guys... this is supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just jump in where you can.

Thank you for sticking with us. I enjoy your presence.

I tried to find confession is good for the soul under groups and could not find it.
    There are 256 pages of groups. Do you know what page it is on?

I'll invite you... then you can join us!

Thank you
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.

Holy crap! What do you get for that?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

I love this, it goes to show we have control over our medical destiny

One year ago I was taking two shots a day (insulin and a medication to help my body produce insulin) and 2 different kind of pills to control blood sugar and also taking pills for cholesterol and blood pressure. I got off the shots many months ago and am down to one of the pills and half dose of other one for blood sugar and off the cholesterol and bp meds. We do have control over some things. Some are not so lucky as I am, there is no cure for type 1 diabetes for instance.

Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    sarabeth40 wrote: »
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

I would have done worse than licking...

How about some laxatives in there? :)

I did that to a batch of brownies for revenge once......
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

Which is why I am checking in here this am... more manageable. I do all of them that I am interested in tho. I find you guys fascinating. ;)

I like coming in here and seeing new people. I'll keep coming in here first. It's good to have new thoughts/confessions.

And guys... this is supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just jump in where you can.

Thank you for sticking with us. I enjoy your presence.

I tried to find confession is good for the soul under groups and could not find it.
    There are 256 pages of groups. Do you know what page it is on?

I'll invite you... then you can join us!

Thank you

You've been invited! You should be able to find the invitation in your regular forum notifications. (That's the little bell on the top right of the page in the forums.) Hope to see you in the BatCave soon! :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I kept getting stared at last night at work. It was mostly by male patients, and one new male nursing student. When I took my dinner break, I spent at least 5 minutes in the bathroom searching the mirror to see if there was something on my face or anything gross on my shirt/in my hair. I wear a dark blue button-up polo shirt, so no cleavage is exposed. I wear light colored baggy khaki pants, so nothing should have been showing there. The only thing I could think was that the day before, I had a small blood spot on the back of my pants. This was washed out and no new spots were discovered. Still having found nothing, I'm not really sure what the issue was.

I felt like this was happening the other day while I was out. I kept discreetly checking my outfit because I couldn't figure out what everyone was looking at, and checked a mirror as soon as I could to make sure there was nothing on my face - there wasn't.

I try and tell myself that it's because they like something about me and that's why they're looking - otherwise my anxiety gets the better of me and I feel really insecure.

When this happens to me, I assume I look like someone else and they keep scrutinizing me to make sure.

I'd like to think I'm fairly unique looking but I've had a lot of people mistake me for a different woman... as in coming up to me and saying "You're Debbie and you used to work at Zellers" or "You have a sister named Paula, don't you?"
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that today I have a general feeling of bleh. I mean, I've lost 2.5 kg (a little over 5 lbs) and I'm doing great with exercise, steps, and calories. But then I looked in the mirror this morning, and I just felt so fat and squishy and just ugly. :/

Also, I'm sad, because I earned calories to have cheesecake today, but Mr. Susie fell asleep. Now I don't get to have cheesecake. Tomorrow, maybe? :smiley:

Aww... Don't feel that way! That way leads to failure! You are doing great. Just keep with it you will start to see/feel the results. Put out a pair of those jeans and just keep working towards them! It doesn't happen in a week! <3<3<3
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

I did that to a batch of brownies for revenge once......

I have a feeling you might have told us about that previously. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.

On some days, those truly are victories. I speak from experience! :)

Yep, I almost posted it in the NSV thread! Because today...it was a victory. I have been plowing along getting stuff done today (losing a bit of focus now obviously) but definitely feeling a lot better! Now I need YOU to feel better (you should be heading off to bed soon, you can dream of that cheesecake!).
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My gym is $60 per year. It is specifically for "seniors". You have to be 50 to join. It has 2 pools, indoor walking/ running track, weight circuit, cardio machines, classrooms, a library/ computer lab, and a gymnasium. The only drawback is it's only open from 7am to 7pm weekdays, 8 - noon on Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Aww... Don't feel that way! That way leads to failure! You are doing great. Just keep with it you will start to see/feel the results. Put out a pair of those jeans and just keep working towards them! It doesn't happen in a week! <3<3<3

Thanks. :) I'm trying! The cheesecake is my way of proving to myself that I really CAN eat whatever I want in my calories--it's a mental hurdle I need to get rid of. Also, planning my birthday cheesecake has left me really craving cheesecake. Mmm. Cheesecake.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.

Yep, I almost posted it in the NSV thread! Because today...it was a victory. I have been plowing along getting stuff done today (losing a bit of focus now obviously) but definitely feeling a lot better! Now I need YOU to feel better (you should be heading off to bed soon, you can dream of that cheesecake!).

And it's an awesome victory! <3 I know how hard it is some days. Glad you're feeling better. :smiley: Yup, it's phones-off time for me and bed in about 45 minutes. :) Goodnight, folks! ;)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I just ate an entire package of lemon creme cookies! What was I thinking?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

And it's an awesome victory! <3 I know how hard it is some days. Glad you're feeling better. :smiley: Yup, it's phones-off time for me and bed in about 45 minutes. :) Goodnight, folks! ;)

Bed time for you, and I'm sitting here with 2 hours remaining in the work day.

Night-night! :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Bed time for you, and I'm sitting here with 2 hours remaining in the work day.

Night-night! :)

Lol. I just finished lunch.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    OMG I just found this post... I'm ashamed that I've spent a great deal of my work day reading this thread (page 26 @_@)

Anything salty or savory is my kryptonite... I'm a vegan but I get weak in the knees when it comes to mac and cheese or a pizza with white sauce and cheese (I know, I know... bad vegan). I have ordered a small pizza SWEARING I'll stop at 1/4 of it... then 1/2... eventually one hour into Skyrim or Fallout and I've devoured the entire thing.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    OMG I just found this post... I'm ashamed that I've spent a great deal of my work day reading this thread (page 26 @_@)

Anything salty or savory is my kryptonite... I'm a vegan but I get weak in the knees when it comes to mac and cheese or a pizza with white sauce and cheese (I know, I know... bad vegan). I have ordered a small pizza SWEARING I'll stop at 1/4 of it... then 1/2... eventually one hour into Skyrim or Fallout and I've devoured the entire thing.

But will you try to read all 1600 pages? :D

Fun fact: We collect bottle caps at home (to eventually shadow box or something, I swear) and I insist that it's so we'll be rich in the post-apocalyptic world.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I just ate an entire package of lemon creme cookies! What was I thinking?

That lemon creme cookies are delicious!

Can you spread them out over the week to minimize the damage?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I like the way you think @pofoster21 ;).