Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I just ate an entire package of lemon creme cookies! What was I thinking?

That lemon creme cookies are delicious!

Can you spread them out over the week to minimize the damage?

I'll just take the hit, I don't usually log every day anyway it was about 700 calories
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Yea, I just snarfed down a Panera bread oatmeal cookie, I haven't even looked up the calories yet...... :/

ETA: looked it up and wished I had remained ignorant!! Well I still have about 450 left for the day and my protein count is alright, so I guess I will be ok. It was a pretty good cookie, I don't know about almost 400calories worth of good, but good.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Yumm
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.

On some days, those truly are victories. I speak from experience! :)

Yep, I almost posted it in the NSV thread! Because today...it was a victory. I have been plowing along getting stuff done today (losing a bit of focus now obviously) but definitely feeling a lot better! Now I need YOU to feel better (you should be heading off to bed soon, you can dream of that cheesecake!).

And it's an awesome victory! <3 I know how hard it is some days. Glad you're feeling better. :smiley: Yup, it's phones-off time for me and bed in about 45 minutes. :) Goodnight, folks! ;)

Bed time for you, and I'm sitting here with 2 hours remaining in the work day.

Night-night! :)

Lol. I just finished lunch.

Me too at that time lol.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

That they were delicious? At least, I hope they were.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.

Yep, I almost posted it in the NSV thread! Because today...it was a victory. I have been plowing along getting stuff done today (losing a bit of focus now obviously) but definitely feeling a lot better! Now I need YOU to feel better (you should be heading off to bed soon, you can dream of that cheesecake!).

And it's an awesome victory! <3 I know how hard it is some days. Glad you're feeling better. :smiley: Yup, it's phones-off time for me and bed in about 45 minutes. :) Goodnight, folks! ;)

Yeah, our time differences are pretty significant! I'm ahead of the U.S. by 8 to 12 hours, depending on the state--Not sure about Canada's time zone, though. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Yeah, our time differences are pretty significant! I'm ahead of the U.S. by 8 to 12 hours, depending on the state--Not sure about Canada's time zone, though. :)

We're the same as the U.S. Unless you live in Newfoundland. They have their own time, 30 minutes ahead of the rest of the maritimes.

I posted this at 5 am in case you want to know how far ahead of me you are.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

We're the same as the U.S. Unless you live in Newfoundland. They have their own time, 30 minutes ahead of the rest of the maritimes.

That would be exactly seven hours, then! ;) It's noon here. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

You're 7 ahead of me too! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

You're 7 ahead of me too! :)

And me!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo and @KylerJaye what was that phrase to use for a date that was okay but not second date or 'spark' worthy?

I can update on the date late tonight/tomorrow but I need to politely turn down the idea of a second date. He's nice and all but it's just not there, you know?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo and @KylerJaye what was that phrase to use for a date that was okay but not second date or 'spark' worthy?

I can update on the date late tonight/tomorrow but I need to politely turn down the idea of a second date. He's nice and all but it's just not there, you know?
    Something like:

You are a wonderful man. I'm really glad we met. I didn't feel the type of connection that I am looking for in a relationship.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

That lemon creme cookies are yummy...i have done that before. Not since my celiac diagnosis though. The cookies are to expensive to eat in one sitting.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    OMG I just found this post... I'm ashamed that I've spent a great deal of my work day reading this thread (page 26 @_@)

Anything salty or savory is my kryptonite... I'm a vegan but I get weak in the knees when it comes to mac and cheese or a pizza with white sauce and cheese (I know, I know... bad vegan). I have ordered a small pizza SWEARING I'll stop at 1/4 of it... then 1/2... eventually one hour into Skyrim or Fallout and I've devoured the entire thing.

What exactly is bad about having dairy occasionally? It's not like choosing to eat vegan is a religion and there's a nun waiting to smack your hand with a wooden ruler for breaking the rules. Unless you eliminated dairy for a medical reason, then enjoy it when you really want it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

Oooh, I hope you have fun! :)Let us know how you got on!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    My cats really want me to be petting them not talking to you guys! Just so you know...

Ha ha that made me chuckle.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    sarabeth40 wrote: »
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

HA HA that's amazing! You get first taste, OBVIOUSLY!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    My two confessions for the day:

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.

Pre planning awesome
    I hear that it is best to have your first meal of the day to be a big one and that eating less before you go to bed promotes weight loss.

I've pretty much been doing the opposite of that, and I'm doing OK. I think it's whatever works for you is what promotes weight loss. If it isn't sustainable for YOU, then it isn't going to work. I have to have dessert every night. If I try to deprive myself of that, I freak out and eat ALL THE FOODZ. So, if I work about 250-300 calories of ice cream into my diary every night, I do much better.

I don't eat breakfast until 9:00 to 10:00 most mornings, because I'm not hungry. Why eat when I'm not hungry? You can't "kickstart" your metabolism. Your metabolism is what it is, unless you have done some serious damage to it (i.e., anorexia).

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. One last comment of - don't believe all the gimmicks you hear. 99% of them are just that, gimmicks.

This. I went to the doctors about this and he said it is not possible to simply slow down or speed up your metabolism. All the teas, pills and potions are false. Your metabolism is linked to your thyroid and if you have a problem with your metabolism its a serious issue with your thyroid.

Please don't fall into these traps. If you need support we are here for you!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I was such a child last night, wanted a takeaway for tea but nobody else did, so you would think I should say good, I can stick to my calories, but nope, I sulked, to myself. And had chocolate and crisps for tea, but hey, was still within my calories :smile:

I felt like such a kid yesterday eating Frankenberry cereal for breakfast.

My SO would love that stuff! We already come back from US trips with huge boxes of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

I just flexed to check out my arm in my office mirror. It's a tiny cheap "locker" mirror that I have on the wall and it's to prevent disasters like walking around sporting a mascara smear or food in my teeth, so I had to move around to view my whole arm.

I like muscles. :) But I'm really glad nobody saw me do that.

I like muscles too.

Me too, but mine are still under a protective layer.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Oh, that post says 10.15am in England, so your not too far from us. :)