Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of:

I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Participated in a fantasy football league
    -Done the Macarena
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?

Two words: Melungeon hair. A do rag serves the same purpose for me it does "for a person of a different race".
    cake21 wrote: »
    My husband hides his sweetie stash so I don't find it and pig out. Normally works brilliantly but sometimes I find the stash, EAT IT ALL and then he finds a new hiding place. Today I found the stash and I put it out in the rubbish being collected tomorrow. I feel guilty but if I'd eaten it all he still wouldn't have had any...right? :)

I find it easier to write his name on it. If something definitely belongs to someone else, I wont take it without asking and I certainly wouldn't eat it all.
    But, no, he wouldn't have had any either way.

Edit to add: Marissa, I don't like the way my reply sounded. I am mixed race - specifically Melungeon which should be an ethnicity all its own, in my opinion. My skin is an olive "white", but hair is very definitely not a white person's hair. I wear do rags because I need them occasionally.

I confess that I just googled "Melungeon".
    Interesting.

My family is definitely that. My oldest brother has a red afro, olive skin like mine and freckles.

What you and nonoelmo said were pretty spot on. I wasn't claiming offense, just curious why it's an accomplishment.

I'd love to see a photo of his hair.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never:

Experienced online dating
    Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

My favorite was paradise island (very old).

I remember that one!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!

I hate when my eggs don't peel right. What is the deal with that?? Some peel easily, and others peel in tiny pieces that take forever. I get irrationally annoyed when an egg doesn't peel easily.

Harlie has gotten more than one whole egg because it wouldn't peel right and I got totally po'ed! Just threw the whole thing, peel and all, in her bowl.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I'm not watching American Idol's last season. I haven't watched it for a few years & couldn't careless about it ending.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Same. I didn't love Snuffalupagus, tho. Oscar, gotta be Oscar and his pet worm, Slimy.

If you wake up in the morning feeling grumpy
    And you browner everybody that you see
    If you like your oatmeal nice and cold and lumpy
    Then you're a grouch, like me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bshave81 wrote: »
    I make beer (IPAs) apart of my daily intake. I sometimes work out extra hard or eat less so I can have beer. I'm sure I would have lost much more weight than I have if I didn't enjoy my beers.

Eh, if you make it fit your calories, it's fine unless you're one of those people who eats too much when they drink.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well, I:

Met my husband online.
    Loved the first season of Glee
    Loved Sesame Street for myself and my kids. Luckily, that was eons before Cookie Monster changed his ways.

I never knew cookie monster changed his ways... how sad.

Yes, he eats baby carrots now too. It's just wrong!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?

Two words: Melungeon hair. A do rag serves the same purpose for me it does "for a person of a different race".
    My husband hides his sweetie stash so I don't find it and pig out. Normally works brilliantly but sometimes I find the stash, EAT IT ALL and then he finds a new hiding place. Today I found the stash and I put it out in the rubbish being collected tomorrow. I feel guilty but if I'd eaten it all he still wouldn't have had any...right? :)

I find it easier to write his name on it. If something definitely belongs to someone else, I wont take it without asking and I certainly wouldn't eat it all.

Edit to add: Marissa, I don't like the way my reply sounded. I am mixed race - specifically Melungeon which should be an ethnicity all its own, in my opinion. My skin is an olive "white", but hair is very definitely not a white person's hair. I wear do rags because I need them occasionally.

Interesting.

My family is definitely that. My oldest brother has a red afro, olive skin like mine and freckles.

What you and nonoelmo said were pretty spot on. I wasn't claiming offense, just curious why it's an accomplishment.

If I can find the photo I have from when it was long, I will post it. He keeps it high and tight now because he's going to be 60 next week.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I confess I have no idea what a "do-rag" is. Or why it freaked some people out.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    KpopGrad92 wrote: »
    I confess I want to be the best looking former girlfriend for all my exes. Why? Well why not? Motivation at its finest!

Don't we all?!

I have an ex-boyfriend who is prettier than I am. Like, he did some modeling kind of pretty.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

I have a shirt that says "YOLO" and has a kitty with a question mark over it's head. I (not so) secretly enjoy when people don't understand it.
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If I can't have it in the house, he doesn't bring it home. If he brings it home and I find it, it's fair game for the trash can. My husband knows that... yours will learn. Haha!
    He brings them in the house it's fair game. Congrats on tossing it vs. eating it!

Thank you both I feel better about it now :)

Great idea! I'll try that to stop it happening again :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well, I:

Met my husband online.
    Loved the first season of Glee
    Loved Sesame Street for myself and my kids. Luckily, that was eons before Cookie Monster changed his ways.

I never knew cookie monster changed his ways... how sad.

Yes, he eats baby carrots now too. It's just wrong!

That is completely wrong.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    In the spirit of the thread, a confession:

The person who took over my previous job selected a team lead candidate today, and I think she made a poor choice given her options. Oh well!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

Oh I remember that well. And the love boat. And Magnum PI. Etc.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

Interesting.

In my teen years, it was "cool" in some groups to wear one whether you actually needed it or not.
    White dudes, bald dudes, these dudes, those dudes...

I never went full do-rag but did wear a bandana a few times.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, thread revived . Well done people!:-)
    small confession - despite being almost completely skint and having better uses for my money, I bought myself a fitbit yesterday (and I have no regrets)
    secondary confession - I am now doing absolutely nothing productive in work as I'm too busy playing with said fitbit!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

I have a shirt that says "YOLO" and has a kitty with a question mark over it's head. I (not so) secretly enjoy when people don't understand it.

Ahhh, CUTE!!

TBH, it took me a second.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

Oh I remember that well. And the love boat. And Magnum PI. Etc.

I thought she was talking about the reality show.