Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday to the OT (original thread).

I didn't make it online yesterday.

• Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

Screw embarassment! You totally rocked that hike!!

This!

How many steps did you get Laura?

I wish we had In N Out on the East Coast,

Me, too! I've never had it!

I'm gonna get some hate for this but I've had In N Out once when I was in Nevada and it was good but it didn't turn out to be something that I end up craving. I'd go again but usually when I think something is awesome, I end up thinking about it and craving it.The animal style fries were good and I do end up wanting those every now and then.

I actually like 5 guys burgers and fries best from what is available near me.

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

I confess I have never been to an In N Out burger place, White Castle or Five Guys. I don't eat meat so no reason to go there...

If you ever come to Winnipeg, MB then you have got to go to Boon Burger. Its a vegan burger place. And OH my, they are so delicious. They have a Thanksgiving burger that is to die for.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

This!

I'm gonna get some hate for this but I've had In N Out once when I was in Nevada and it was good but it didn't turn out to be something that I end up craving. I'd go again but usually when I think something is awesome, I end up thinking about it and craving it.The animal style fries were good and I do end up wanting those every now and then.

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

I confess I have never been to an In N Out burger place, White Castle or Five Guys. I don't eat meat so no reason to go there...

In N Out will do a grill cheese to order. There fries are completely fries only friers and the potatoes are from whole potatoes cut up fresh all day long. If you like or can eat milkshakes I hear they are good. They are very good about not getting cross contamination and are one of the only fast food places I will set foot in.

They will also do onion lettuce and tomato only if you wish. Or with cheese.

I don't go often but they are fresh and clean.

Animal style fries have grilled onion, melted cheese and special sauce on them. I rarely eat cheese so they aren't my thing but many people like them.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

If you ever come to Winnipeg, MB then you have got to go to Boon Burger. Its a vegan burger place. And OH my, they are so delicious. They have a Thanksgiving burger that is to die for.

OOh a vegan burger place! That sounds fabulous!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

In N Out will do a grill cheese to order. There fries are completely fries only friers and the potatoes are from whole potatoes cut up fresh all day long. If you like or can eat milkshakes I hear they are good. They are very good about not getting cross contamination and are one of the only fast food places I will set foot in.

They will also do onion lettuce and tomato only if you wish. Or with cheese.

I don't go often but they are fresh and clean.

Animal style fries have grilled onion, melted cheese and special sauce on them. I rarely eat cheese so they aren't my thing but many people like them.

So if you have limited options and have to eat it will not make you sick. Sounds weird but thats a plus in my book.
  • Oberon21
    Options

This!

There's a place near my house called Burger Republic. SO GOOD. Blows Five Guys out of the water.
    And, they have alcoholic and non-alcoholic milk shakes. Mmmmmmm

Alcoholic Milk Shakes??? So, I can try this as a recovery drink after the Nashville Marathon (assuming I am drinking again...)??? Will you take Nicci and me please!!! It sounds fascinating.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Yep - guilty - I am British. So... what are the equivalent words for you guys??

Apartment and Gym Shoes or Sneakers (depending on what part of the country you are in). Or running shoes.

This, except here sneakers are like converse or skate shoes, and running shoes and gym shoes are like Nike, and New Balance :)

Funny story: When my youngest was 4 we went to get him sneakers for preschool, and when we got them, he was always putting them on in the house, and when asked why he said he wanted to be a ninja, and ninjas were sneaky so he needed his sneakers on so he could sneak

That was so cute! Kids are hysterical. I may borrow this.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

Yea and they are even better now that they have shakes too...
  • FroggyBug
    Options

This!

we actually have one of these!
    soooo good!
    i crave them from time to time, but try to limit visits...'cause you know...bag of yummy fries that's a "small."
    :D

My family didn't believe me the first time they went and ordered the large fry for two people. LOL
  • FroggyBug
    Options

This!

There's a place near my house called Burger Republic. SO GOOD. Blows Five Guys out of the water.

I'm interested in this...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Folks: THIS is what I am doing Thursday night:

http://billybobstexas.com/dance/free-line-dance-lessons

Tee hee. I'll take pics!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

But do they do gluten free?
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Folks: THIS is what I am doing Thursday night:

http://billybobstexas.com/dance/free-line-dance-lessons

Tee hee. I'll take pics!

Have fun! Congrats on the treadmill.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

Ditto!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

YUM!!

And that story about your son and his sneakers is super cute!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

This!

Alcoholic Milk Shakes??? So, I can try this as a recovery drink after the Nashville Marathon (assuming I am drinking again...)??? Will you take Nicci and me please!!! It sounds fascinating.

Definitely!

http://burgerrepublic.com/

http://burgerrepublic.com/shakes/

They also do a veggie burger and a gluten free bun available.
    We took my sister's veggie friend there.

We always have to start with their Tator Tot Fondue.
    Now, I'm just getting hungry. LOL
  • Myles_104
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

They do!! I'm wheat free, and I can eat there. :)

They were on the tv show "you gotta eat here"

and no I'm not affiliated

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/you-gotta-eat-here/video/episode/boon-burger-jelly-modern-donuts-the-musket/video.html?v=64727107697
  • nonoelmo
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/you-gotta-eat-here/video/episode/boon-burger-jelly-modern-donuts-the-musket/video.html?v=64727107697
    Nice. 21 years gluten free here. I would rather skip a meal than take a chance of getting sick. :smiley:
  • Myles_104
    Options

This!

Mmmmm, Five Guys!
    uui37mvfncfa.gif

That's so cute!

Nice. 21 years gluten free here. I would rather skip a meal than take a chance of getting sick. :smiley:

I totally understand that. Thankfully mine isn't celiacs. I get hives when I eat wheat, so I could be "bad" and take a reactine after, but I always feel so yucky after, so I try to avoid it as much as possible. Tho one thing that makes me a bit angry, is that you have to pay more for the gluten free option, everywhere. Its highly annoying.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Ooh a Brit! Where are you cosmo?