Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2016
    That although you become more noticeable to men, their pick up lines won't necessarily improve. "Hey, did you know beast mode doesn't end in the gym?" I am still laughing about this one.

Bahaha. My response to that one would be "So you pee on trees and growl at your own shadow? Sounds like a great time!"

I wish I would have thought of something that clever! I honestly just blinked for about 5 seconds while it sunk in and then started laughing.

• natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    All my life I was the "big" sister and now I am the "little" one. The whole family gets weird at family gatherings.
    You will be hungry pretty much all the time unless you have a cheat day.

Everyone says you will get used to it or if you eat different types of foods (more protein, more "whole" foods, more fiber, etc.), you will feel satiated. They are lying. It will be a constant struggle to decide whether you want to feel hungry for the rest of your life or whether you will be fat for the rest of your life. I'm approaching nearly 2 years, and I'm just over 50% to my goal. It hasn't gotten any easier with time nor with different types of foods. There have been times I stuck with it only because I didn't want to leave my MFP friends.

This might be true for you but it is not true for everyone. Some days are like this for me, however most are not.

Agreed. Most days I'm not hungry. When I am hungry, I know that it's because I didn't eat enough the night before. This is the reason I eat a large portion of my calories at night. Meal timing might not matter for losing weight, but it sure makes it easier for me hunger-wise if I eat enough at night.

Me too! I'm not overly hungry during the day, so I'm trying to save much of my calories for evening time when I know I will want more food....because everyone else is eating dinner. :) I'm just curious how this will work if I want to do my working out in the morning? We shall see what works best for me. Day 1 (again) so not much to go on.
  • covan8r
    covan8r Posts: 1 Member
    -It is much more fun to fly these days and I usually have to tighten the seat belt now! That never used to happen!!
    -I no longer not only have to avoid all the stores with the cute clothes but I can actually buy the size small in those stores!!
    -Most of all I am no longer invisible...people see me and notice me where I feel they didn't when I was larger
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Being able to sit in the movie theater without the armrests digging in
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I find that as I get smaller (down 55kg /120lbs so far), every dress I try on is too short. I'm tall (6'1), and I thought I'd have more options. Nope. Smaller sizes means shorter length. I want to be able to pick something up off the ground without flashing everyone my underwear. At least all my plus size stuff came to just above the knee.

Try Long Tall Sally: they do small sizes with decent length for tall women.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    -Shopping is harder because you have too many options.

Amusing thing is that I was at Costco yesterday and the sizing options for the two piece swim suits I was looking at was 8-18. I looked at the 8 and it was clear it was too big. The one pieces started at size 6, which might work, but I don't want a one piece. :'(
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »
    I find that as I get smaller (down 55kg /120lbs so far), every dress I try on is too short. I'm tall (6'1), and I thought I'd have more options. Nope. Smaller sizes means shorter length. I want to be able to pick something up off the ground without flashing everyone my underwear. At least all my plus size stuff came to just above the knee.

Try Long Tall Sally: they do small sizes with decent length for tall women.

Heh, I will be when I'm in maintenance. They're kinda expensive when you're sending to Aus; I can't justify spending that much money on clothing with 20kg more to lose.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    That I notice peoples weight loss/ muscle gain transitions more often.

Me too!! Quick to notice who probably lifts and who is probably a runner, etc...I just notice Fit people more often... half the time if we are in a closed space, I talk to them about it. Lol yep random strangers... Ask them (specifically women.. Don't generally talk to random men) what's their exercise of choice. Thus far, they are only too happy to talk about it!!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    How those "NEW" bones I would find being at an average weight would affect me: I literally have bruises on the inside of my knees from sleeping on my side...also how cold I am all the time = BOO.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    ktno1 wrote: »
    I am pretty flat chested and no matter how fat I got, those little niblets never got any bigger

ME TOO!! They never change no matter how much I gain or lose. Congrats on the bra, I know the struggle
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!