What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Being able to sit in the movie theater without the armrests digging in
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I find that as I get smaller (down 55kg /120lbs so far), every dress I try on is too short. I'm tall (6'1), and I thought I'd have more options. Nope. Smaller sizes means shorter length. I want to be able to pick something up off the ground without flashing everyone my underwear. At least all my plus size stuff came to just above the knee.

Try Long Tall Sally: they do small sizes with decent length for tall women.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    -Shopping is harder because you have too many options.

Amusing thing is that I was at Costco yesterday and the sizing options for the two piece swim suits I was looking at was 8-18. I looked at the 8 and it was clear it was too big. The one pieces started at size 6, which might work, but I don't want a one piece. :'(
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »
    I find that as I get smaller (down 55kg /120lbs so far), every dress I try on is too short. I'm tall (6'1), and I thought I'd have more options. Nope. Smaller sizes means shorter length. I want to be able to pick something up off the ground without flashing everyone my underwear. At least all my plus size stuff came to just above the knee.

Try Long Tall Sally: they do small sizes with decent length for tall women.

Heh, I will be when I'm in maintenance. They're kinda expensive when you're sending to Aus; I can't justify spending that much money on clothing with 20kg more to lose.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    That I notice peoples weight loss/ muscle gain transitions more often.

Me too!! Quick to notice who probably lifts and who is probably a runner, etc...I just notice Fit people more often... half the time if we are in a closed space, I talk to them about it. Lol yep random strangers... Ask them (specifically women.. Don't generally talk to random men) what's their exercise of choice. Thus far, they are only too happy to talk about it!!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    How those "NEW" bones I would find being at an average weight would affect me: I literally have bruises on the inside of my knees from sleeping on my side...also how cold I am all the time = BOO.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    ktno1 wrote: »
    I am pretty flat chested and no matter how fat I got, those little niblets never got any bigger

ME TOO!! They never change no matter how much I gain or lose. Congrats on the bra, I know the struggle
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    That most of the time I think I'm thinner than I am. I'm always grabbing what ends up being 10's at a thrift store. Even when I was sz 20/22+. At some point I wonder if I get into 6's if I'll still go for 10's. I'm into 14's, so I'm getting close!

Me too!!!!!!!

You're always going to be in bigger sizes at thrift stores. I am easily in a size 8-10 in thrift store jeans (I weigh 125) but yesterday a size 6 was too big from JCPenney. Women's sizes have gotten pretty ridiculous with the vanity sizing. When I was in high school I weighed 115-117 and I wore a size 7/8. Someone tell me why the sizes have changed so drastically? Easy- people don't want to buy the larger numbers so the manufacturers have changed the sizing. But if you sew a garment get ready to be surprised- the sewing patterns are based on actual inches and haven't changed at all. Our sewing teacher has girls so upset every year because she will measure them and they have to buy a pattern size 14/16 when they wear size 3/4- she then shows them a skirt she wore in high school which looks very small- it is a size 9. So don't be discouraged by thrift stores- sizes mean nothing. Just go by your weight and measurements.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    That I still don't know who I am in my own skin. I have defined muscles and curves that I never pictured as "me" before. Now that I am 1/2 way to my goal and maintaining large amounts of lean mass, 2-3 times stronger than I ever was before, I don't recognize myself any more. It makes it hard to stop looking in the mirror, just to get used to the idea that it's me staring back.

I feel small... yet I have defined muscles and increased strength...but I feel small... it's so confusing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!