What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    How quickly people start treating you differently. One day you're invisible or barely noticed, the funny one; the next you're the center of attention like you've been suddenly thrust on stage and haven't had rehearsal.

Perfect analogy!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There is a certain amount of safety and comfort in being invisible that I'm slowly losing along with the weight.

YES!! Exactly the way I feel!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

You too? I thought I was the only one. I am freezing all. the. time. I just hope my body gets used to it.

Sad FYI- it doesn't, 3 yrs of losing 60 pounds and building muscle and I'm still cold all of the time
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my husband last night that we don't have to keep the heat up as high overnight because I'm not getting as cold at night.
    I'm within 5-10 pounds of my goal and have been purpously losing very slowly all along. I'm hoping my body is finally getting used to its smaller size.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    There is a certain amount of safety and comfort in being invisible that I'm slowly losing along with the weight.

YES!! Exactly the way I feel!

I agree. All the attention from other people can get a little unnerving at times. I kinda miss my anonymity in large crowds.

People asking for advice all the time... and not liking the answer. Diet + exercise = healthy bod :)
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    How easy it is to gain a few pounds back when you've had a few cheat meals in a weekend, lol. Opps. Caught myself and back on board.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That I notice peoples weight loss/ muscle gain transitions more often.
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That although you become more noticeable to men, their pick up lines won't necessarily improve. "Hey, did you know beast mode doesn't end in the gym?" I am still laughing about this one.

Bahaha. My response to that one would be "So you pee on trees and growl at your own shadow? Sounds like a great time!"

I wish I would have thought of something that clever! I honestly just blinked for about 5 seconds while it sunk in and then started laughing.

• natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    All my life I was the "big" sister and now I am the "little" one. The whole family gets weird at family gatherings.
    You will be hungry pretty much all the time unless you have a cheat day.

Everyone says you will get used to it or if you eat different types of foods (more protein, more "whole" foods, more fiber, etc.), you will feel satiated. They are lying. It will be a constant struggle to decide whether you want to feel hungry for the rest of your life or whether you will be fat for the rest of your life. I'm approaching nearly 2 years, and I'm just over 50% to my goal. It hasn't gotten any easier with time nor with different types of foods. There have been times I stuck with it only because I didn't want to leave my MFP friends.

This might be true for you but it is not true for everyone. Some days are like this for me, however most are not.

Agreed. Most days I'm not hungry. When I am hungry, I know that it's because I didn't eat enough the night before. This is the reason I eat a large portion of my calories at night. Meal timing might not matter for losing weight, but it sure makes it easier for me hunger-wise if I eat enough at night.

Me too! I'm not overly hungry during the day, so I'm trying to save much of my calories for evening time when I know I will want more food....because everyone else is eating dinner. :) I'm just curious how this will work if I want to do my working out in the morning? We shall see what works best for me. Day 1 (again) so not much to go on.
  • covan8r
    covan8r Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -It is much more fun to fly these days and I usually have to tighten the seat belt now! That never used to happen!!
    -I no longer not only have to avoid all the stores with the cute clothes but I can actually buy the size small in those stores!!
    -Most of all I am no longer invisible...people see me and notice me where I feel they didn't when I was larger
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!